Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-02-2023, 07:53 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I'd be glad to say goodbye to my ego, but the sense if I in my opinion (own awareness) will remain.

To be a living being ("I am“) is not the ultimate state; there is something beyond, much more wonderful, which is neither being nor not-being, neither living nor not living. It is a state of awareness, beyond the limitations of space and time. The same source of the will (desire) to live, a source deeper even than life itself. The 'I' is there even without the 'am'. -- Shri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 06-02-2023, 12:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurab
Many enlightened masters especially from India have stated that with enlightenment the sense of individuality disappears.

But that is not true because they mistakenly take the ego to be the sense of individuality (a mistake that is extremely easy to make).

I don't agree that the sense of individuality disappears but rather individuality is embraced and our relationship to others is also embraced.
Imo, that is an enlightened master, to walk in unity with all universal things.

utopiandreamchild