Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-08-2020, 11:49 AM
Master

I am so confused

The more I study the biblical scriptures, in special the old testament, the more I feel confused and not able to understand.. I am only able to see man trying to write his own understanding about God.

Deuteronomy 27:22 Cursed is the one who lies with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother.’ “And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!

Genesis 17:15-16 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

Genesis 20:12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

Ezekiel 18:20 "..The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son.."

Exodus 20:5 "..for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;.."

Does this makes any sense? There are too many things like this... Sometimes I don't know in what to believe anymore... I am just a simple man.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:43 PM
Master
I'm sure you are, T.M.

So none of this can cause you to accept Jesus Christ?
That it?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-08-2020, 12:50 PM
Cat

Well, if you're a simple man - be still - be calm and ask God or your Higher Self - or
whomever is out there or in there listening with wisdom, hahaha ---
empty your cup and
it can actually be filled with big Insights with a capital 'I'.

(And if you're in a state of confusion and you're a Christian ...
that confusion comes from the other guy ...
God wants us to be still and at peace -cuz it's when we still our thoughts and wait for clarity to come that it can flow to us..)
My input anyway, from exp.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-08-2020, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
The more I study the biblical scriptures, in special the old testament, the more I feel confused and not able to understand.. I am only able to see man trying to write his own understanding about God.
I would advice you to study more before you make a final decision.

Quote:
Deuteronomy 27:22 Cursed is the one who lies with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother.’ “And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!

This was a law found in the Mosaic Law. Before this law was given, there was no prohibition against having sex with your sister or half sister.

Quote:
Genesis 17:15-16 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
Abram and Sarai lived a long time before Moses. They did not live under the Mosaic law. Because of their faith, God changed their names to Abraham and Sarah.

Quote:
Genesis 20:12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.
Not a problem. This happened way before the Mosaic Law went into effect.

Quote:
Ezekiel 18:20 "..The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son.."

Exodus 20:5 "..for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;.."
As for these scriptures, I can not, right at the moment, recollect why they are harmonious. I assume they are similar to the above scriptures in nature. If I have time, I will look in to it.

Quote:
Does this makes any sense? There are too many things like this... Sometimes I don't know in what to believe anymore... I am just a simple man.
Sure it makes sense.

Look at any history and you will see what appears to be ambiguities but in reality they are not.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 05-08-2020, 01:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
I'm sure you are, T.M.

That it?

The truth is the truth.

Who said I can't accept or I did not accept Christ? Can't you understand, the truth is the truth.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:

I advise you to put the books away and ' Be Still ' you don't need any Scriptures to feel the essence of God. Take yourself into a quiet green space, sit and watch/listen to Nature, look at the beauty of Creation, listen to the birds singing their praises of being alive, the wind rustling through the trees, unseen but very active.
You don't need stress at this moment it will make your illnesses even worse. Just sit/watch/listen peacefully, one day at a time......
When the time is right you will go back to Scripture, or maybe not
Old 05-08-2020, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm sure you are, T.M.

That it?

Accepting Christ has little to do with Scripture Morph. You don't need to accept the writings of others when you can find God everywhere.... Maybe some spend to much time in Books t
that they miss what's under their nose....
Old 05-08-2020, 02:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Accepting Christ has little to do with Scripture Morph. You don't need to accept the writings of others when you can find God everywhere.... Maybe some spend to much time in Books t
that they miss what's under their nose....

If you are looking, sky. That's a problem isn't it. There are what Spurgeon called "worldlians".

People of all manner caught up, primarily focused on their lives in the world.
"The organic survival instinct".

"If you seek me you will find me, if you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29

There are answers to T.M. queries, but, don't think he is actually sincere.
So, I quoted Leviticus 16, 17:11, Mathew 20:28, and others.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-08-2020, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
If you are looking, sky. That's a problem isn't it. There are what Spurgeon called "worldlians".

People of all manner caught up, primarily focused on their lives in the world.
"The organic survival instinct".

Jeremiah 29

There are answers to T.M. queries, but, don't think he is actually sincere.
So, I quoted Leviticus 16, 17:11, Mathew 20:28, and others.

Exactly, and there are many ways to seek. Inside is the first place to start looking.....
Old 05-08-2020, 03:04 PM
Master

@Morpheus I am very sincere. Christ is the only one to whom I pray, when I was very very close to have a stroke, I prayed to Christ to keep me a little bit more time in this world. When I have nightmares, nowadays, almost every night, to Christ I do pray. I know there's some kind of answers in these prayers, two days ago, I was once again feeling like dying, I was already in this pitch darkness and I said: Christ, Christ, Christ; three times and I woke up instantly.

@BigJohn That's the usual explanation given by the church, I know it's not coming from you...

@Miss Hepburn I just want a glimpse.. so I come here and write things that for sure I can't understand regarding the OT, hoping that God, someone from "there" can answer me.

@sky123 I am confused, very confused.. I am almost 25, I spent the last 9 actively seeking God and my entire life thinking about God at least once a day, a child always searches for his/her Father... it is in our nature. I know it's eating my energy, I can feel it, I could feel it even before getting sick.. I just want to know the truth, the absolute truth about everything and everyone... knowing the truth would help me and probably others. You know, I am orthodox christian and you also know, chritianity is very divided, but even the orthodox church has incredible stories from the orthodox saints, things that are not in the Bible, and then, I ask myself, what is the truth.. from where do we come and where do we go..