Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-08-2020, 04:10 AM
Master
I embrace the Taoist saying that "nothing in the universe is what we call it here on Earth."
We really don't know things, all we really know is the label which we give to things.
Human beings know things by their label or given name. That said, compassion is often
associated with what we call love.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciona
If by unnecessary you mean someone who explores developing this trait in themselves is doing it from a place of desperation and non-acceptance of the facts as they are along with childish wishful thinking, I would agree with you there and indeed would add it might even be harmful. This is how I originally took your comment when I responded to it but I may not have understood. I simply wished to cite another instance.

Unnecessary meaning unnecessary. If its there it will arise naturally. You can either chose to suppress it or allow it to arise.

Quote:
This scenario being possible, speaking of polarities, the opposite scenario is also true. There's always the other person who has repressed their empathetic feelings or squashed them due to trauma and has gone numb and/or developed their intellect as a way of not facing their feelings. They are actually empathetic deep down, but are now out of touch with their authentic self and 'think' they haven't much or any.

Interesting. I like what you post here. It made think back. Another scenario would be one who lives in a gang infested neighborhood where displaying empathy can be seen as a sign of weakness.

Quote:

So I would posit if we can agree being healthy and authentic are 'good', then for that individual the exploration is quite 'necessary'.

Not sure if i view being authentic as a good or bad thing. If i am to be authentic then i have to admit that i'm not always honest with myself. Sometimes its a rather unpleasant experience. Of course its easier to say i'm always honest without any real self examination. Without understanding how deceptive the mind can be. At the most i can say, i can be honest to the best of my abilities. That's more authentic than me saying i'm always honest.

Quote:
It certainly isn't 'wrong' for them to explore themselves, no?

No.

Quote:
You yourself have helped me to face polarities, even when you haven't known it.

We are polar opposites.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
That's why we fell from Paradise ... :) A little intellect made the man arrogant, and forgot why he's here now.

Yeah, gravity's a b**ch.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:31 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Unnecessary meaning unnecessary. If its there it will arise naturally. You can either chose to suppress it or allow it to arise.

As someone who experienced deep trauma to the point of severe repression first hand at an early age, I'd say you're oversimplifying things a little bit. I agree with you in general though, yes.

If people feel ready to explore I think it is okay to encourage them, in that quality of life and the years lost can be many, just getting the process started. How things 'arise' is a highly individualized process. There is a lot of great suffering which a person undergoes when they aren't already conscious of what you are describing. It's not that you're wrong in essence though and if you read further up in the forum you'll see me trying to convey that very concept to someone today. You see, I can't help but have compassion when I see someone standing in the place I have stood, in some variation, give or take.

Quote:
Interesting. I like what you post here. It made think back. Another scenario would be one who lives in a gang infested neighborhood where displaying empathy can be seen as a sign of weakness.

Definitely you can be socially programmed right out of empathy just like you can well-being or self compassion.

I recently learned I'm still not as tender towards myself as I actually need to be. This was somewhat of a shock to me to discover and I'm going to have to adjust some things. Once you've turned hard towards yourself it can be a rough road getting out and changing that habit.

Quote:
Not sure if i view being authentic as a good or bad thing. If i am to be authentic then i have to admit that i'm not always honest with myself. Sometimes its a rather unpleasant experience. Of course its easier to say i'm always honest without any real self examination. Without understanding how deceptive the mind can be. At the most i can say, i can be honest to the best of my abilities. That's more authentic than me saying i'm always honest.

Well, yes.

I think its important to be an authentic person. I don't like it when the quantum field throws something in my face and asks me why I did what I did and then I have to say, 'I don't know quantum field, why did you do that?'

Nevermind, its a Matt Kahn joke based on mirroring...just forget that one :)

Quote:
No.

Good

Quote:
We are polar opposites.

Yes...and no

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 02-08-2020, 09:29 AM
Master
^^ Yes, i also think its important to be authentic about your life or spiritual journey.

I also think its important for you to be honest and admit that.....i won the argument.

Old 02-08-2020, 11:16 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I embrace the Taoist saying that "nothing in the universe is what we call it here on Earth."
We really don't know things, all we really know is the label which we give to things.
Human beings know things by their label or given name. That said, compassion is often
associated with what we call love.

I like this.
There was this saying "...wisdom is to know the extend of your ignorance".
Old 02-08-2020, 08:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I also think its important for you to be honest and admit that.....i won the argument.

Hey now, shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Get it... Shut your mouth...when you're talking ...I love that one.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 03-08-2020, 02:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Hey now, shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Get it... Shut your mouth...when you're talking ...I love that one.

You want me to be a ventriloquist now? So demanding.

Old 03-08-2020, 05:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdip
If you realise you lack compassion, how would you try to develope it in you ?
Practice, just as with anything spiritual. It is often about putting aside and seeing the barriers to it.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Practice, just as with anything spiritual. It is often about putting aside and seeing the barriers to it.

Yes, I try.