Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-06-2020, 01:30 AM
Master
Psychobabble
Psychobabble is a form of speech or writing that uses psychological jargon, buzzwords, and language to create an impression of truth or. The term implies that the speaker or writer lacks the experience and understanding necessary for the proper use of psychological terms. Additionally, it may imply that the content of speech deviates markedly from common sense and good judgement.

Can you please set the facts strait for me?
After all you read The Book
Old 29-06-2020, 06:35 AM
Master

Going back to the original question. The following is based on all my reading on the subject.

The Summerland is considered to be those realms of the astral planes where people are free to pursue whatever interests them in harmonious surroundings without any of the burdens of physical existence - hunger, thirst, tiredness, lack of time, lack of money, etc. Such pursuits tend to be more creative or intellectually satisfying, such as art, music, philosophy etc. All other inhabitants of the Summerland are people of similar interests, so there is endless scope for learning.

And those on the astral planes still inhabit their astral bodies, which appear as real as the dense physical bodies we know, but without all the problems and wrinkles and extra pounds. People tend to keep the bodies they are familiar with in terms of appearance, maybe partly so old friends can still recognise them, but also we are so accustomed to thinking of ourselves a certain way and that naturally reflects in the astral body.

But there are realms beyond the astral, realms beyond the Summerland. At some point people will leave the astral planes and their astral bodies behind, and then they will function in their mental bodies on the mental planes. These bodies may appear quite different, lacking the recognisable form of the astral body.

And then the mental body too may be discarded, and consciousness appears as it is on its own planes, a being of light. And this is much closer to our natural state.

After all, if reincarnation is a fact then we would have had many physical bodies as our temporary dwelling. And likewise many astral bodies. How we appear after death is only a temporary facade. A possible exception could be if someone has a strong affinity with a different culture from a previous incarnation - I suppose they could choose to adopt the appearance of a previous persona.

Plenty of books on all this are out there - I have no idea how true they might be.

Peace
Old 29-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
I was reading about the higher realms.

Above the 'Summerland'.

There are realms where the spirits do not see the use in having a body.

The information is scarce and patchy but I am intrigued.

Does anyone have any more info or can recommend a good sourcE?

This is my experience of visiting the Summerladn: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=135733

It's exactly the way it's described, a transitory place where everything is "perfect", like your own perfect world, except that there are other beings there ( human beings ). There are beings from all time periods, they live there, they have real houses. I had little to no idea about this Summerland plane of existence, then I had this experience and I read more about it and I understood that I was in such a place.
Old 29-06-2020, 11:37 AM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Going back to the original question. The following is based on all my reading on the subject.

The Summerland is considered to be those realms of the astral planes where people are free to pursue whatever interests them in harmonious surroundings without any of the burdens of physical existence - hunger, thirst, tiredness, lack of time, lack of money, etc. Such pursuits tend to be more creative or intellectually satisfying, such as art, music, philosophy etc. All other inhabitants of the Summerland are people of similar interests, so there is endless scope for learning.

And those on the astral planes still inhabit their astral bodies, which appear as real as the dense physical bodies we know, but without all the problems and wrinkles and extra pounds. People tend to keep the bodies they are familiar with in terms of appearance, maybe partly so old friends can still recognise them, but also we are so accustomed to thinking of ourselves a certain way and that naturally reflects in the astral body.

But there are realms beyond the astral, realms beyond the Summerland. At some point people will leave the astral planes and their astral bodies behind, and then they will function in their mental bodies on the mental planes. These bodies may appear quite different, lacking the recognisable form of the astral body.

And then the mental body too may be discarded, and consciousness appears as it is on its own planes, a being of light. And this is much closer to our natural state.

After all, if reincarnation is a fact then we would have had many physical bodies as our temporary dwelling. And likewise many astral bodies. How we appear after death is only a temporary facade. A possible exception could be if someone has a strong affinity with a different culture from a previous incarnation - I suppose they could choose to adopt the appearance of a previous persona.

Plenty of books on all this are out there - I have no idea how true they might be.

Peace
Thanks. Yes that makes a lot of sense.
Old 29-06-2020, 08:34 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with iamthat

Namaste
Old 29-06-2020, 10:31 PM
Master
What iamthat posted is more or less correct.
To continue with some more psychobabble,

those who are here in lesson, and are able to leave the non physical earth realm behind, will most likely go to the astral realm, a 4th density realm.
And they can do what ever iamthat suggested.

Those who have an angelic or Fae background will move to their own realms. And can reincarnate if they choose to.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:28 PM
Experiencer

Google "The Resurrection of Sri Yukteshwar" by Yogananda, wherein he describes the higher astral and then the causal realms rather comprehensively.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:55 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
I was reading about the higher realms.

Above the 'Summerland'.

There are realms where the spirits do not see the use in having a body.

The information is scarce and patchy but I am intrigued.

Does anyone have any more info or can recommend a good sourcE?

Formless. Interesting. I could imagine that. Amen
Old 12-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Elfin

....and call me "simple" .. but I can only relate in simple words. As far as I know we do not have a "form" in afterlife. We are mere "energy" with no shape . But we "exist". We will always exist. We can of course "create" form upon desire should we wish. An angel for instance has no form.. but will often appear to us ( the mere mortal) in a way of recognition ..of what we perceive an "angel" to look like....other wise we wouldn't know what it was..
Old 24-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Master
In my out-of-body experiences I have experienced realms where there are no forms and everything is abstract and shapeless. Even while here on Earth in a human body I have experiences states of what many call "cosmic consciousness" where your consciousness expands beyond your physical body and you experience a formless state of being. In the state of cosmic consciousness everything is within you, your physical body and everything else is within your own consciousness, as your consciousness expands beyond everything.

Silence is formless, and silence is the most prevalent thing there is in existence. Silence is always with us, it is the backdrop to noise. Labels are irrelevant. Those beings that are in heaven do not call the place, or state that they are in "heaven." they don't call it anything as they are absorbed by it and eternally enthralled with it. This physical universe is the realm of name and form, as we put a name on everything here, and there are many forms. Forms make this physical existence conditional while the formless shapelessness existence is unconditional.

There are many realms beyond this physical realm, some resemble life here on Earth but in my experience, the greater, more expansive, more exotic and intoxicating realms are without name and form; they are shapeless. A formless, shapeless, state of being is a state of being that takes place in absolute silence. There are no thoughts or emotions. You exist as a state of being and not a state of "doing," or a state of expressing. Right now, deep within us, we are already in that state of being. It is only our mind or thoughts, our feelings or emotions, and physical body, which allows us to express ourselves.

Every layer of our being, mental, emotional, physical, etc., are realms of existence. They are all spiritual realms vibrating at different frequencies, but we put different labels on them. Right now we exist on different levels, or in different realms, simultaneously. We are multidimensional beings. Everything, all realms, come out of silence. The first thing that manifested in this creation was sound; scientists call it "the big bang," while Sufi's, Kabbalists, and others may call it "the beginning of the whirling." Another word for peace is silence, and silence is formless.

Peace