Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 18-04-2020, 11:45 AM
Knower

Is it God or my imagination

Hi All,

I am trying to deepen my relationship with God. Often when I seek comfort, outside of prayer or longing to hear the voice of God, usually when I'm in a place of silence and stillness, I feel like I Can hear good in my mind...in my inner ear. But I dont know if this is my imagination or really God. They're not negative feelings at all!! But I dont know...Has anyone else experienced this before? Sometimes I feel I can see God in my mind's eye, just as a companion by my side or near me (as I imagine God to be obviously). Would love to hear your responses x
Old 18-04-2020, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollypoppet
Hi All,

I am trying to deepen my relationship with God. Often when I seek comfort, outside of prayer or longing to hear the voice of God, usually when I'm in a place of silence and stillness, I feel like I Can hear good in my mind...in my inner ear. But I dont know if this is my imagination or really God. They're not negative feelings at all!! But I dont know...Has anyone else experienced this before? Sometimes I feel I can see God in my mind's eye, just as a companion by my side or near me (as I imagine God to be obviously). Would love to hear your responses x

You may find ' Ignatian contemplation ' helpful
Old 18-04-2020, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi All,

The more you seek

the stronger the answer will be to you.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 22-04-2020, 06:55 PM
MAYA EL

It is your imagination. But that doesn't mean it's not your god
Old 23-04-2020, 08:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The more you seek

the stronger the answer will be to you.

And the narrower the pathway you are on will become.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 23-04-2020, 10:55 AM
Elfin

Keep searching... Keep believing and you will find your answers .
Old 23-04-2020, 04:46 PM
Master
My rule of thumb is, if actively stimulated or visualized it is more likely to be imaginative and illusory. If it comes 'out of nowhere' and you are not stimulating it than it's more likely to not be imaginative. The mind's games can simply get in the way of knowing whether it is authentic or not. With that I mean an active mind that is praying or visualizing a specific place or figure.

((Calling it 'God' though is another interest matter, and a choice/judgment.))
Old 25-04-2020, 11:26 PM
Master
Best wishes sweet one.

Words from Seth Speaks (channeled) by Jane Roberts which ring true to me (that doesn't necessarily mean they are 'true', however):

"In a reality that is inconceivably multidimensional, the old concepts God are relatively meaningless. Even the term, a supreme being, is in itself distortive, for you naturally project the qualities of human nature n it. If I told you that God was an idea, you would not understand what I meant, for you do not understand the dimensions in which an idea has its reality, or the energy that it can originate and propel. You do not believe in ideas in the same way that you believe in physical objects, so if I tell you that God is an idea, you will misinterpret this to that God is less than real - nebulous, without reality, without purpose, and without motive action. ... If you will try to accept the idea that your own existence is multidimensional, that you dwell within the medium of infinite probabilities, then you may catch a slight glimpse of the reality that is behind the word "god," and you may understand why it is almost impossible to capture a true understanding of that concept in words."

and

"The journeys of the gods, therefore, represent the journeys of man's own consciousness projected outward. All That Is, however, is within each such adventure. Its consciousness, and its reality, is within each man, and within the gods he has created.

The gods attain, of course, a psychic reality. I am not saying therefore that they are not real, but I am to some extent defining the nature of their reality. It is to some extent true to say: 'Be careful of the gods you choose, for you will reinforce each other.'

Such an alliance sets up certain fields of attraction. A man who attaches himself to one of the gods is necessarily attaching himself largely to his own projections. Some, in your terms, are creative, and some destructive, though the latter are seldom recognized as such.
"
Old 26-04-2020, 12:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi All,

The first time, I was told things about myself I didn't want to hear and yet, there was no anger, no resistance and I just saw raw self-honesty...in fact, if it is God, "resistance to Divine Will" becomes totally futile (but very joyful & peaceful). God doesn't give, God takes away...until He can speak from you within the heart...and make your brain spend the next few months trying to figure out what God must have "meant by that"...not only "meant by" but for whom anyway? and it always gets quite confusing at that point.

If you have any "concept" of God, your path is of the heart and not the head, although both will synchronise eventually.....mainly through the breath.
Old 26-04-2020, 02:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
If you have any "concept" of God, your path is of the heart and not the head, although both will synchronise eventually.....mainly through the breath.
Can you share more of your 'synchrony'?