Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 20-03-2020, 02:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Mental health

Hi.
Have anyone here ever met any mental heath professional who have been open or understanding of telepathic communication? Or have they all been dismissive, and instead claimed that you are having "thoughts in your head", or of being scizophrenic?
Old 21-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Master
Hi,

Those who understand telepathic communication would never visit a mental health professional.

We all have thoughts in our head. They come from everywhere. That is because everything we see and hear will influence our thinking.

Managing our thoughts is another story. For those who have trouble doing this a mental health professional should be able to help.

Do you realize you are asking for advice from only mentally ill people? Those who visit mental health professionals.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-04-2020, 11:32 AM
Seeker

It depends on how you frame it and what symptoms you're reporting. If you begin the conversation by saying voices in your head are telling you to end your life (with distressing experiences that put you at risk) they might not be so open to a discussion about whether it is real because it has a negative impact on your mental health. If it's a matter of factual conversation about references in books/movies and whether telepathy exists generally speaking, you won't get labelled schizophrenic- it depends on the therapists views. There are alternative therapists who adopt unconventional approaches to recovering from psychotic illnesses (talk therapy, CBT, vitamin injections- orthomolecular therapy)- they'll mention it in their bio or website
Old 10-04-2020, 11:55 AM
Administrator
Hello

Yes I have. I have met a few over the years.

It's a fine line between what needs medical attentions and what needs spiritual understandings. For me on my path I did rule out the medical side of things first so that I had a better understanding on what was happening.

I used my intuition that gut feeling to make sure I found the right path the right Dr. and the right understandings. Then I had 3 children that are all open to what I would call the paranormal world. I had to be able to advocate for them to be open with it all and to have the school system understand what was happening with them.

In being strong as an individual in being self confident in being me I have been able to navigate the world that at times is not easy.

I live life with the saying "I am one foot here, and one foot in the rubber room. " As that is how many see ones's like me. It's about finding that balance in life. Finding your footings.

Lynn
Old 11-04-2020, 09:54 AM
Administrator
Like Lynn I was born with my gifts got tested by doctors because my dad in particular did'nt believe. I was sane but in my time I have known some people in hospitals. who were open to spirit and put on medication for it.
some doctors are more open than others.

Namaste
Old 02-06-2020, 08:14 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom_God
Hi.
Have anyone here ever met any mental heath professional who have been open or understanding of telepathic communication? Or have they all been dismissive, and instead claimed that you are having "thoughts in your head", or of being scizophrenic?
Hello
I used to think that I was a telepath, and I found all reasons to support my hypothesis, I read about ESP (extrasensory perception), but it turns up it was schizophrenia. I was in denial for a long time until a finally realize that the voices were in my head.
Old 11-06-2020, 01:13 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

Those who understand telepathic communication would never visit a mental health professional.

We all have thoughts in our head. They come from everywhere. That is because everything we see and hear will influence our thinking.

John

Like your post. Not only that, but I'll on to this. What John says is true - We all have thoughts in our head. The difference between the telepathic and the non-telepathic is the sensitivity to detect and recognize thoughts that are not coming from our own selves. :) Hope that helps.

BTW, this is something can be practiced and cultivated, just like any other skill. There is natural ability, I think, but the truth is, to some degree or another, everyone is telepathic.