Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 23-07-2020, 08:14 AM
JustMeKarin JustMeKarin is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 25
  JustMeKarin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Nothing is impossible.

Even nothing is something I know. Because everybody has a different discription of nothing and theirfor in my believe nothing is truly subjective.

I was making a point: aslong if their are words involved and their is a reader and writer it is allready subjective.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 23-07-2020, 08:16 AM
JustMeKarin JustMeKarin is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 25
  JustMeKarin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I'd say ... "nothing" is overrated.

Why? I would like to hear your thoughts about this Inavalan. Im curious.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 23-07-2020, 05:37 PM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,055
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeKarin
Why? I would like to hear your thoughts about this Inavalan. Im curious.
Firstly, because everywhere in the multidimensional universe there is something.

Secondly, because when you're overwhelmed by your thoughts, you want to shut down the noise to get access to your inner source of knowledge and guidance. Blanking your mind should be a means to an end, not a purpose in itself.
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 23-07-2020, 09:29 PM
FallingLeaves FallingLeaves is offline
Master
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,290
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Blanking your mind should be a means to an end, not a purpose in itself.

may I ask why?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 23-07-2020, 09:45 PM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,055
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
may I ask why?
Why would you want to have a blank mind? I want to know more, to get better, to do here what I came here to do, to evolve, ... I didn't came here (on Earth) to blank my mind.

Blanking your mind makes sense just as an intermediary state, when you leave behind the outer world, and delve into your inner one. although you don't need that, in my experience.

I know that there are systems of beliefs that preach blanking your mind as the ultimate goal. I disagree. I don't want to be a rock, again. It is one of those confusion like between instinct and intuition. Somebody wrote on another board that intuition is lower than instinct. I disagree, even keeping in mind that we all use the same words but give them different meanings.
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 24-07-2020, 01:31 AM
wstein wstein is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 2,336
  wstein's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeKarin
Even nothing is something I know. Because everybody has a different discription of nothing and theirfor in my believe nothing is truly subjective.
Nothing is NOT a thing, it is the lack of thing (or attribute of any kind).

Because nothing is impossible, there are all these things (even if just illusions).
__________________
no sugar coating here, I tell it straight as I see it
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 24-07-2020, 09:37 AM
JustMeKarin JustMeKarin is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 25
  JustMeKarin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Why would you want to have a blank mind? I want to know more, to get better, to do here what I came here to do, to evolve, ... I didn't came here (on Earth) to blank my mind.

Blanking your mind makes sense just as an intermediary state, when you leave behind the outer world, and delve into your inner one. although you don't need that, in my experience.

I know that there are systems of beliefs that preach blanking your mind as the ultimate goal. I disagree. I don't want to be a rock, again. It is one of those confusion like between instinct and intuition. Somebody wrote on another board that intuition is lower than instinct. I disagree, even keeping in mind that we all use the same words but give them different meanings.

Istn't it the whole meaning of a blank mind that you don't get distracted by your inner chatter. I always find it so corny to use some words but sometimes you don't get around it.
If your completely in the NOW, be at peace in the moment and with everything around you and inside you. I think that's a "blank" mind.

It isn't completely blank atleast never with me . But I can choose not to react on any internal or external impulses.

And I need that very much at times, because my mind is a bit hyperactive. So I train this so I can focus myself better on what I want to focus on. Otherwise I'm distracted my my own thoughts all the time. Because ideas keep popping up and i linger of in that idea, instead of working on my current one.
So I don't react on my surroundings or carry away with my inner chatter of my brain.

Maybe they preach it as an ultimate goal because it's so freaking difficult. They too want to envolve and better themselves. If something is hard to achieve then it most be worth chasing.

As Alan Watts well put it:
This is therefore to say that the transformation of human consciousness through meditation is frustrated so long as we think of it as something that I by myself can bring about, by some sort of wangle, by some sort of gimmick. Because you see it leads to endless games of spiritual one-up-manship. And of guru competition. Of my guru being more effective than your guru. My yogas are faster than your yoga. I am more aware of myself than you are. I am humbler than you are. I am sorrier for my sins than you are. I love you more than you love me. There’s this interminable goings on where people fight and wonder whether they are a bit more evolved than somebody else and so on.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 24-07-2020, 09:42 AM
JustMeKarin JustMeKarin is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 25
  JustMeKarin's Avatar
Find it weird not to finish the quote so here is the rest of it.

All that can just fall away. And then we get this strange feeling that we’ve never had in our lives except occasionally by accident. Some people get a glimpse that we are no longer this poor little stranger and afraid in a world it never made. But that you ARE this universe. And you are creating it at every moment. Because you see it starts now. It didn’t begin in the past. There was no past. If the universe began in the past, when that happened it was now. But it is still now and the universe is still beginning now and it’s trailing off like the wake of a ship from now and as the wake of the ship fades out, so does the past. You can look back there to explain things but the explanation disappears. You will never find it there. Things are not explained by the past. They’re explained by what happens now. That creates the past. And it begins here." ~Alan Watts...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 24-07-2020, 08:02 PM
inavalan inavalan is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3,055
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeKarin
Find it weird not to finish the quote so here is the rest of it.

All that can just fall away. And then we get this strange feeling that we’ve never had in our lives except occasionally by accident. Some people get a glimpse that we are no longer this poor little stranger and afraid in a world it never made. But that you ARE this universe. And you are creating it at every moment. Because you see it starts now. It didn’t begin in the past. There was no past. If the universe began in the past, when that happened it was now. But it is still now and the universe is still beginning now and it’s trailing off like the wake of a ship from now and as the wake of the ship fades out, so does the past. You can look back there to explain things but the explanation disappears. You will never find it there. Things are not explained by the past. They’re explained by what happens now. That creates the past. And it begins here." ~Alan Watts...
Thanks! Nice quote finish, at least from my perspective, as everybody reads only from their own perspective.


-----------
EDIT: I googled this quote. So many people quoted this, and most everybody understood something else than I did, and they weren't in agreement either, fighting on the validity of their interpretations. People ...
__________________
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 25-07-2020, 07:56 AM
JustMeKarin JustMeKarin is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 25
  JustMeKarin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Thanks! Nice quote finish, at least from my perspective, as everybody reads only from their own perspective.


-----------
EDIT: I googled this quote. So many people quoted this, and most everybody understood something else than I did, and they weren't in agreement either, fighting on the validity of their interpretations. People ...

Silly how that happends isn't it.

From my perspective he's saying in very short terms do not linger in the past or the future because their isn't one it's all in the NOW. And the NOW is you the universe it is everything. So you begin here and you are IT.

Alan Watts if you didn't heard from him yet if deffinatly worth checking out. He helped me allot in putting things in perspective. He gave words to my perspective of the world and added some wonderfull new once I could work with.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums