Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-08-2020, 02:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Salvation is past tense. Again, you don't understand, and you are not the Christian.

As already stated.

Hard for people to understand some of the simplest teachings of Jesus.

For example, first century Christians did not take up weapons to be used against anybody.

But then, various characters infiltrated and distorted the core teachings of Jesus which was prophesied.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-08-2020, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Salvation is past tense. Again, you don't understand, and you are not the Christian.

As already stated.

The defender of the faith
Old 27-08-2020, 12:14 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

But then, various characters infiltrated and distorted the core teachings of Jesus.....

Oh yes, I agree. I expect that they most certainly did.

They did quite a bit of that from what I can tell. Past, present, and future. They must be getting something for all that effort.

The trick it seems is to discern what was a core teaching of Jesus, and what might just be something added by those nefarious infiltrators.

Fortunately, certain patters do seem to emerge. If one reads with an open mind, instead of with eyes clouded by fear.

Old 27-08-2020, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Oh yes, I agree. I expect that they most certainly did.

They did quite a bit of that from what I can tell. Past, present, and future. They must be getting something for all that effort.

The trick it seems is to discern what was a core teaching of Jesus, and what might just be something added by those nefarious infiltrators.

Fortunately, certain patters do seem to emerge. If one reads with an open mind, instead of with eyes clouded by fear.

If you claim first century Christians took up arms, then you should be able to give evidence of such. Please provide at least one piece of evidence?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-08-2020, 02:59 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If you claim first century Christians took up arms, then you should be able to give evidence of such. Please provide at least one piece of evidence?

You are a coy one alright BJ!
I see what you are up to there.
You have arranged a demonstration for me to help me make my point.
Thanks.

You see what I mean. Nefarious infiltrators come rushing in to distort things for their own purposes!

It just goes to show that not only is it a matter of being able to read the Bible and try to discern what is a core teaching of Jesus, and what just might be the work of those nefarious infiltrators and their tricky distortions, but also a matter of reading the Bible and reading what is there instead of what one wants it to say, for whatever reason.

It is a tricky business alright, made trickier by those ever present circling coyotes.
Old 27-08-2020, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
You are a coy one alright BJ!
I see what you are up to there.
You have arranged a demonstration for me to help me make my point.
Thanks.

You see what I mean. Nefarious infiltrators come rushing in to distort things for their own purposes!

It just goes to show that not only is it a matter of being able to read the Bible and try to discern what is a core teaching of Jesus, and what just might be the work of those nefarious infiltrators and their tricky distortions, but also a matter of reading the Bible and reading what is there instead of what one wants it to say, for whatever reason.

It is a tricky business alright, made trickier by those ever present circling coyotes.

You seem to understand the situation...........