Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 28-02-2024, 11:54 PM
Pathfinder

Why is there "impermanence"?

I know it's a very simple observation, but nonetheless;

Logically, permanent absence equals irreducible permanence, which is the only possible substance of universal impermanence.

Impermanence is nothing more than the many phases of irreducible permanence.

There us no reason why.
Old 29-02-2024, 05:54 AM
Master
Impermanence can be explained in many different ways, depending on the nature of a persons’ perspective.

In mathematically, especially statistics, there is something called “the normal curve,” which states all things come into being, rise, peak, and fall out of existence. It is viewed as a “symmetrical probability of distribution.”

In thermodynamics, there is the concept of entropy; which is the degrading of matter and energy in the universe. Entropy also applies to living matter.

In spirituality, it is said that “whatever has a beginning has an ending. If it was born it will die, if it was created it will be destroyed.

But you asked “why?” The most plausible reason which I can see is friction. Friction, or in human beings called “stress,” wears things down and destroys or kills things. Stress causes illness and injury in human beings; it deteriorates our mind and body.

Can you imagine if no one died? This planet would be so overcrowded right now if there was no such thing as human death. The bad actors, like Hitler and many others from human history, would still be alive here on this planet today.

Impermanence allows us to modify matter, it brings in new generations and gives them a chance to impose their will on this planet. Growing from multiplying cells in our mother’s womb to becoming a baby born into this world is part of impermanence. Growing from a little baby to an adult is part of impermanence; otherwise we would stay a little baby and not grow.

I view impermanence as a gift. No, I would not want to live here on Earth for thousands of years.
Old 01-03-2024, 09:05 AM
Administrator
I would have to agree with Starman that is a good Definition of the word

Namaste
Old 01-03-2024, 03:04 PM
Master

why

Quote:
Originally Posted by relinquish
impermanence...
... why.
While there are and can be many reasons , I imagine one reason for fleeting /changing / temporary nature of reality .

With such changing world only there is fun ,excitement and hope in every one's life. So to provide everyone a great feeling till they are on this earth , God has created impermanence.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:56 AM
Master
Rather than impermanence, which I don't believe exists outside of the human mind, I'd much rather call it "limitation". The soul imposes limitation of physical time and space reality, on itself, for the purpose of experiencing change and newness and specificity and focus. Like a platforn for focusing specific creation.
In a timeless state, there is no change.
And we actually are mostly that unchanging permanent spirit/soul.
And the smaller portion of it flows&extends here into this realm of "limitation" for the purpose of specific focus.
For the purpose of specific creation.
We have a foundational platform here that we can call destiny. Because most souls agree upon the platform. That we are on a planet revolving around the sun, with seasons, nature etc.
Variety. And contrasting variety. To choose from. To focus specific desires into being. For the fulfillment of those desires. Or atleast, for the experience of the fulfillment of those desires.
Which a spirit cannot do as well, when there aren't any specific limitations imposed on itself.
It like looking through binoculairs. The binoculair limits the view to a more specific end.
In the same way, our spirit extends out of itself, imposing limitation upon a small portion of itself, to extend into physical time and space reality.
This time and space reality being not real, means, there isn't impermanence. That's just a platform which the soul created for focus, a specific destiny, in order to play within that destiny, with our free will, for the purpose of specific experiences that are desired to be had and specific desires to realise for its furthermore fulfillment.

Why is this impermanent? Because it is not real. It is like a dream. Where we can experience it to be real. For the duration our soul has deemed it to be so. There is the destiny of that. But as human, we have free will within that destiny which was chosen by our own spirit.

Which means, it is all for the purpose of not just seeking specific experiences, and fulfillment of those. But also gaining New desires. To experience the fulfillment of those.

There is change and growth. Our eternal soul may not care. As it is not affected by this life. But it allows the experience to gain new experience. And some say, our soul does care, because there are certain destinies that it chose for us.

So the impermanence and limitations are not necesserily bad. They are negative things which can be applied or used for positive things. For positive purpose. To the soul it really doesn't matter.
If you ask it why, it will say "why not?"

The soul is not going to become less without this life. And it wont become more with this life. But it can experience becoming more. More specific.

But to really understand specifically why you and why your own soul. Well... You might need to really get out of your mind, to understand the portion of yourself that is your soul.
And I have only come as far as to understand that my soul simply wants to experience the experience. Or maybe not even want to experience it. But simply IS able to experience it. That it does it, simply because it can.
I can't say any other reason further than that.

And so, I take that as an opportunity to enjoy life. To enjoy being who I am. As best I know how.

There are so many positive aspects. And in the end, we don't die. We just observe the unity of all life as one.
So it's like this life will bring us certain doom. Except as a potential temporary experience, that is not ever going to become real anyway. It is just as real as the specific experience of it.

And most people don't look at it from a broader view that their soul has. As it is not necessery to do so. But if one wants to, they can experience more of their soul's perspective. You may be surprised by how much your soul knows about you. But it ultimately does not care all that much about what you do with the free will that is given to you within the parameters of the destiny that it has perscribed for you, or better said, for the portion of itself that is extended as you. It's not that it doesn't care, exactly. It's more like, it will get benefit out of whatever you choose ANYWAY. Like, it isn't vulnerable or worried in anyway.

In the same way, when we play video game. And there are all the horrors of it. But since it's not real anyway, might aswell enjoy every single bit of it. Like, Wow this place looks very real. Well, it's as real as it gets. And for that, a very enjoyable experience.

But in the end, it's simply not real. Just like a movie. You watch it, and it seems real. Very real. But in the end, it is just a movie. It's not like we are going to call the police "There is an emergency in Hell's Kitchen! The vigilanty known as daredevil needs help!"
The police would laugh, because hell's kitchen does not exist. It's simply not real.
And the soul in the same way, doesn't hate this place, but enjoys it, even tho it is ultimately not real.

And no one is forced to experience anything they truely don't want. There is a great deal of freedom. Even to experience the things we don't want, in a way, that we are able to enjoy it.

We are really cocreators. Not the victim of our soul. But cocreators with it. We are free to enjoy this as much as we want. And we are free to suffer all the things we don't want. No rules. Free will is the name of the game.
And ofcourse it has to be said, "Within the parameters of the destiny our soul has chosen for us." Because it always knows what is best for us and all involved.

And nothing is impermanent, because much like how these forums work. Everything you write is recorded. And so is all that you do, feel or even think, capable of being revisited by your soul. So to your soul, you are not really that impermanent. You are much more permanent than you think.

So you can be rest assured and relax. Or you can go completely out of your mind and go bunkers. Hehehe. It really doesn't matter. It's your free will. But I always suggest you enjoy life as much as you can. Because that is mostly what will remain. What will stand the test of time. Is your true enjoyment.

Even the things you don't enjoy will be enjoyed from the soul's perspective. I think from a broader perspective, allot of drama about small things, is funny. And people who take things very seriously are especially funny. You're always free to open the floodgates and let all the goodness that life can muster to come flooding into your life. By merely giving it your awareness.

That's called specific focus, specific desires, specific creation, on a specific platform such as this time and space reality. You may not be able to fly into space, but you can certainly feel like you are flying into space, and you would be surprised in how many infinite ways this life can show you why you are feeling that you are flying into space. The sky is the limit.
Old 05-04-2024, 12:30 PM
Seeker
Impermanence appears as the reflection or opposite of the unseen nature of reality, which is timeless and unchanging, beyond time and space. The perceivable world of motion is a reflection of the unseen reality. The basic nature of being is complete stillness. It is within the stillness of being that the world of motion appears.

Time and space are illusory. The true nature of being has no distance, separation or change. Permanence is the truth. Impermanence is the appearance of things, or expression of truth via the interplay of opposites. So in the world both motion and stillness appear, but the appearance of stillness is an illusion within the illusion of motion. For example, the Earth seems still but the planet is spinning round. In the world of appearances the opposite appears as if it were the truth. But the truth is inexpressible.
Old 05-04-2024, 02:50 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
... Impermanence is the appearance of things, or expression of truth via the interplay of opposites.
So in the world both motion and stillness appear, but the appearance of stillness is an illusion within the illusion of motion.
But the truth is inexpressible.
We are limited here quoting members with only 2-3 sentences...otherwise I would quote more!
I'm only going to say this ONE more time....WELCOME here!!

I want to say - all the posts here have been great, thank you all for the wonderful expressions on this topic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru