Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-06-2016, 02:46 AM
Please, Dear God...you who read here in the meditation section...

Sit and open yourselves to the Divine.
That is all there is.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-06-2016, 02:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfirst
I think treating your body with love is part of being present. If your back is not comfortable and you can change your position, then why are you resisting it? You can even make meditation out of this alone -feeling your body and releasing tension after observing and feeling it. I think Diana Richardson wrote about it in the book "Slow Sex", which is a book about making love with presence.
I know about those schools, that teach -No pain is no gain, but that is a very unpleasant belief to carry around.
I always change my position, when it doesn't feel good anymore. I honor my body's wisdom.

Commenting late but I only just noticed this.
If I am in pain certainly I change my position.
I found this fabulous thing that straps around my back and is held in place at my knees - and then no more pain.
Yoga asanas help to relieve pain and they are all meditation postures.

So the "no pain no gain" does not apply to my sitting meditation practice.
Old 27-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Angel1

I hope this title of the Thread doesn't turn anyone off, btw...I never mentioned that.

I may have said this weeks ago...but who wants to go back and see...ha!

Meditation is like laying next to your partner, lover, spouse...
even cuddling with your dog or your baby...it is enjoying a
few hours of love and having your heart be filled with what really matters.

This makes it so much easier to 'do'.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-06-2016, 04:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfirst
I think treating your body with love is part of being present. If your back is not comfortable and you can change your position, then why are you resisting it? You can even make meditation out of this alone -feeling your body and releasing tension after observing and feeling it. I think Diana Richardson wrote about it in the book "Slow Sex", which is a book about making love with presence.
I know about those schools, that teach -No pain is no gain, but that is a very unpleasant belief to carry around.
I always change my position, when it doesn't feel good anymore. I honor my body's wisdom.

The reason discomfort plays a part in meditation is people become conscious of their psychological reactivity which lies at the heart of suffering, and it's an opportunity to strengthen mindful equanimity. There is no suffering as long as the mind is balanced and stable. I.e. suffering is psychological. When one is peaceful with discomfort, then they become strong enough to endure process of healing or purification. People avoid the kinds of trauma experienced as emotional storms, but these have to be allowed through, and allowing it all is the same in essence as being at peace with pain. The physical pain itself is symptomatic of blockage in the system, as it feels so solid and hard like that. It is like e the surface manifestation of the subtler aspects of emotional condition. To be at peace with pain is quite central to the meditation/healing/purification process.
It isn't no pain no gain. There is a reason and a logic behind it all. I don't know if I'm making sense though. I don't think avoiding arising discomfort is the same as treating it with love. Quite the contrary I would think.
Old 29-06-2016, 05:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

That is all there is.

Exactly!

My turn:

There are those who are 'God conscious' and who love a concept of a 'Higher Being/Self' and those who do not.

For those who do, the way is easy. For those who do not, the way is difficult.

When was the last time any of you had a very deep soul-releasing and cleansing cry?

When was the last time you stood out in the middle of nowhere and screamed your lungs out at the universe for whatever reason?

You may be annoyed, ticked off, not getting anywhere in your practice, going around in circles and doing nothing...when was the last time you vented your frustrations to God/Universal energy and did it with full force and gusto?

When was the last time you allowed pleasant memories to totally engulf you? maybe remembering a past spiritual experience that came naturally that you are now working so hard to recapture because it all got 'lost in translation' somehow?

Whatever you have bottled up, time to pull the cork out and go tip it out somewhere...somewhere nice...and when you do, tip it ALL out - whatever is holding you back...let it go...get rid of it.

Cry and primal scream it out of your heart and soul...give it all up to God/Higher Self.

If you want this enlightenment thing, want it SO bad, you're willing to do anything for it....willing to die for it.

I'm reminded about a story...a western seeker went to a guru guy besides the banks of the Ganges once...

He had all these questions..."how do I meditate?....how do I get enlightenment?...how do I realise on-ness with God?"...etc...so many questions...

The guru guy said "I'll answer your questions, but first...let me baptise you in the Ganges so your soul may become pure to receive those answers..."

So, the seeker agreed and the guru held him under the water.....and held him there....and put both hands on his head....and forcibly started pushing him under....the guy was flailing....drowning...his lungs started filling up with water...

Eventually, just before he died, the guru released his head and allowed him to surface...he came up choking, coughing and spluttering on Ganges water with a 'why the HELL are you trying to kill me?...you're insane!"

The guru said 'okay, I am insane...but please tell me, what were you thinking while I was holding your head under water there?'

The seeker said 'nothing! I only wanted to breathe! that was my only thought!'

The guru said "okay, now you can get lost and leave me alone...return to me when your love for God is like that".

So, I have meditated for many years, but I only awoke after letting go, surrendering to god, primal screaming, yelling, crying, dancing...
Old 30-06-2016, 02:11 AM
Thumbs up

Very nice post....high 5.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:

That is all there is.

That is all there is yes. The Divine is hiding in plain sight and has left a trail of crumbs knowing that the foolish bird will peck at these and eventually bump into Him.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:50 AM
Chakras, auras, hearts blocked?
Can't feel connected to the Divine?

Reach out and say that kind sentence to someone...do that
charitable monetary thing for a stranger...
get out of any sort of 'self'...and give love.
This is the best start for feeling God.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:11 AM
Master
Miss Hepburn,
obviously your heart chakra is open so wide
and you've managed to keep it open
lucky you
Old 08-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Chakras, auras, hearts blocked?
Can't feel connected to the Divine?

Reach out and say that kind sentence to someone...do that
charitable monetary thing for a stranger...
get out of any sort of 'self'...and give love.
This is the best start for feeling God.

Kindness makes your heart warm

And finding and petting a cat helps a lot too