Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21-10-2019, 01:26 PM
jojo50 jojo50 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 739
  jojo50's Avatar
Jesus, the Only True God or Son of God

many say Jesus is the True God and Father. yet some say he's the Son of the True God and has a Father. what did Jesus say concerning this subject that has even Christians disagreeing? is Jesus the God of Israel?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21-10-2019, 01:53 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 9,560
 
" I am in the Father, and the Father is in me”. ..... “ I and my Father are one ”.

As we all are
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Still_Waters Still_Waters is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,549
  Still_Waters's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
" I am in the Father, and the Father is in me”. ..... “ I and my Father are one ”.

As we all are

Excellent response to the OP !
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-10-2019, 04:29 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,070
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
He was probably just an ordinary man with a nice personality at most, and several centuries later a bunch of drunk guys decided to exaggerate the tales by turning him into a superhero. Better take the bible with a grain of sand, because there's a lot of nonsense (including known scientific errors) in it.
__________________
I subscribe to no one
I follow no one
I chase no one
and most importantly, I bow to no one
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-10-2019, 04:40 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 9,560
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Excellent response to the OP !


Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22-10-2019, 01:19 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 7,107
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
" I am in the Father, and the Father is in me”. ..... “ I and my Father are one ”.

As we all are[
Almost....... but no cigar.

If you read the full context of the surrounding scriptures, it does not say what you want it to say.

John 14:9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22-10-2019, 01:21 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 7,107
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
He was probably just an ordinary man with a nice personality at most, and several centuries later a bunch of drunk guys decided to exaggerate the tales by turning him into a superhero. Better take the bible with a grain of sand, because there's a lot of nonsense (including known scientific errors) in it.
You sound like an expert. How much of the Old Testament and New Testament have you read?
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Last edited by BigJohn : 22-10-2019 at 04:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22-10-2019, 01:31 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 7,107
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
many say Jesus is the True God and Father. yet some say he's the Son of the True God and has a Father. what did Jesus say concerning this subject that has even Christians disagreeing? is Jesus the God of Israel?
It is odd that many Christians do not like God but like Jesus.

But then.........

Who was the first born of creation? Jesus.

Who created everything but Jesus? Jesus.

Who probably was the Angel of God who appeared in the burning bush? Jesus.

and on and on......


As for the initial question.
Jesus was the first born of creation.
Jesus was the son of God.
Jesus claimed only the Father knew the 'time and day'.

and the list goes on and on.

But then what I initially said, Christians have issues with God but not Jesus. Is that an oxymoron if Jesus is God?
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 22-10-2019, 10:51 AM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,070
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You sound like an expert. How much of the Old Testament and New Testament have you read?

As a former Christian, it's safe to assume that I've done my homework.
__________________
I subscribe to no one
I follow no one
I chase no one
and most importantly, I bow to no one
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 22-10-2019, 03:40 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 7,107
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
As a former Christian, it's safe to assume that I've done my homework.
One Sunday I when to a restaurant and sat at the counter. Beside me were a few chaps with black shoes, black pants, white shirt, tie and black covered Bible. We engaged in a conversation in which at the end, they seemed to all be in agreement that I should attend their Church and that I could probably give their sermon for the day.

There church seemed to needed of new blood. They knew about healings, but did it sporadically.
People did not want to come forth to do healings. I assume that was true with Bible teachings
.
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums