Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 09-03-2023, 08:02 PM
Pathfinder

Are there useless tarot cards? WWYD?

Hello guys. I had three tarot decks that I used to use. Then sh.. happened and they got seriously damaged. The only one that survived is a deck that depicts Bible passages.

It has no mayor or minor arcana. It depicts only passages and notable moments. I see no functionality other than "meh, it's cute and a curiosity". I am considering getting rid of it because I see no value as tarot cards.

Regarding the Bible... well, it's not like they are sacred cards and personally i do not see value or use in things reminding me about the entirety of Jesus' life.

I got a mini tarot to replace at least one of the tarot sets I had. and plan on getting something more adequate size. there are so many! Im in love with many, but I do not need or want 20+ tarot decks. What would I do with so many?? LOL Anyone has my problem?
Old 09-03-2023, 08:20 PM
Administrator
I don't do Tarot cards I don't like them but if you find they are not working for you change them,
Get a deck you feel more comfortable with.

Namaste
Old 09-03-2023, 08:53 PM
Master
Go for the one that really resonates. Simple as that :)
I too love many, but when I then go through most/all of the card (YouTube unboxing vid of the deck) I often find I don't like it that much. Sometimes I find that I really like it but not to the point that I'd buy it.
I only buy decks -Tarot or other- that do really resonate and make me go "YESS!! I need/want to have that!"
Don't be in a rush. You'll come across the right one if you give it time :)
Old 09-03-2023, 09:44 PM
Pathfinder

You are right on the money. I'll do that. I was kinda looking to replace or buy theexact same deck that got damaged. But it feels wrong, like I should not do that, so I've left it as just an idea.

But I think it's time for me to get a new set. This bible one I've kept it mostly because it was given to me by a friend who I am pretty sure is gone now. I had forgotten about her. how bad of a human being I am. It's been about 30 years now, maybe I can state insanity by old age. LOL
Old 09-03-2023, 11:54 PM
Master
If a deck was dear to me and got damaged I would want a new copy.
I came close to that with my Forest of Enchantment Tarot deck. I'd had it for only 1-2 weeks when I was working with it and spilled coffee. It went over a nr of cards as well and I saw it too late so the edges of some 6-7 cards had all gone soft and funky. When carefully drying them I accidentally made it worse with one card and tore of part of the corner.
I was heartbroken!
I saved the piece, carefully allowed all cards to dry, hoping for the best.
When dry, I managed to glue that corner back on, keeping my fingers crossed it'd stay on when shuffling.
It all dried okay. The edges didn't go as flat as it used to be but very close to it, and the corner is -miraculously- still attached to date, even though I shuffle the deck when using it.
But had it not worked out, I would've bought a replacement copy as I so loved the deck and only just had it in.
I then would've kept the damaged one though. In a box or satchel or something. I would not throw it away, but I'm emotional like that, hihi.
Oddly enough I'm more attached to this deck now than before? Maybe because I had to put time, energy, and love in it to save it?

It's the only time I've had something happen to a deck (knock on wood!!). I'm always very fussy & careful with my cards!
Old 10-03-2023, 10:51 PM
Master
PecaS, you can make your own Tarot deck, either from scratch or buy a deck that needs to be colored, you can use water colors, colored pencils, or some other medium to color the cards. Buying a deck which needs to be colored usually comes with coloring instructions.

I was introduced to Tarot back in the 1970’s, and have used mainly the Kabbalistic Tarot, which explains the 32-paths of wisdom on The Tree of Life, etc. The Jewish Kabbala has a comprehensive in-depth study on the Tarot. They teach a very inexpensive 13-year curriculum of courses on the Tarot with written tests at the end of each course. It is taught by Rabbis.

I have made many decks, some from scratch, and have sold some of the decks I have made. Making a Tarot deck can be very insightful. When you make a Tarot deck yourself it can help a person learn more about Tarot. But if you prefer just to buy another deck that would be fine as well. In my opinion the magic is not in the cards rather the magic is inside of you.
Old 31-03-2023, 08:52 PM
Master
Depends on what type of cards you get I know some of my cards I bought I don't feel attraction to for some cards I felt good strong connection to like my sacred travel vans I felt a connection to all my my salmon vitamins my shaman dream Tower cos I felt a good connection to only you can tell which cause you feel connected to I've got my apprenticeship cards I felt a good connection to because I know that will help me along my way and my mediumship and hopefully be a funeral director one day but I know where my cards is put on
The only way to learn your cards is to rub them and get a connection to them before you get a good weed if you don't fail a good vibe on them don't buy them or use them but if fail a good vibe and a connection to them give them cars a go I say
Because I know I've got more cars to buy but my sacred bones my sacred travel cards I feel a connection with and so do I fill in my shaman Dream chords plus my my plus my friendship cards friendship my friendship cards I do because it cards and tarot cards is different to the reader in a medium I hope I am making sense because I'm typing than my and sometimes I give typing others with a mic I do I tried to speak slowly but my accent because I've got enough East UK accent and North East accent

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 08-04-2023, 08:14 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have a large collection of Tarot / Oracle Cards I do not touch any of them but the one deck. Yet when I find a deck that looks interesting I will pick it up. Why? I have no clue as I know I will most likely only collect them not use them.

I feel that at times they are like Crystals that call to you and you take from them something in energy to use in other ways, and then store them away.

I resonate with the one deck and that is my go to.

Lynn
Old 08-04-2023, 08:51 PM
Master
I never thought I would ever own a tarot deck or even an oracle deck. But I found a online oracle deck to use and try out. I really liked “trying out” the deck first. It was my go to deck for a very long time. Then I grew out of it.

I bought a kids tarot deck, thinking the messaging would be a bit “gentler” and would have more explanations for learning. It was a good fit.

As I expanded to working in art, ink, pastels, water colors and charcoal; I was drawn to a tarot deck that resonated in its art style. Funny enough the creator of the deck has not reversal messages. Leading me into more learning.

For me I feel as I grow spiritually, I move to different tools to help me learn and grow.

I am no longer attached to the oracle deck, but when I read cards for practice with friends, it is one of the decks they can choose from.