Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-08-2022, 01:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Actually Still Waters,I can see the point of that, to dismiss any thought's that will hamper your ongoing journey so as not to interfere in the process.

Old 30-08-2022, 12:14 PM
Master
What's the connection between "physical karma" and desires

"The physical karma or desires of man must be completely worked out before his permanent stay in astral worlds becomes possible."

"Beings with unredeemed earthly karma are not permitted after astral death to go to the high causal sphere of cosmic ideas, but must shuttle to and fro from the physical and astral worlds only."

I particularly liked the implications of Yukteswar's reference to "the physical karma or desires". There definitely seems to be a connection between "karma" and "desires" (at least to me).

It seems clear that attachment to physical desires will inevitably draw one back to rebirth on a plane where those physical desires can be fulfilled ... finally.

How do people here do that ... or do they ... or do they even consider it important?

Comments?
Old 30-08-2022, 01:03 PM
Comments? Pretty simple - I agree with Sri Yukteswar. Ha, shuttle to and fro...apt.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-08-2022, 07:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
...I particularly liked the implications of Yukteswar's reference to "the physical karma or desires". There definitely seems to be a connection between "karma" and "desires" (at least to me). It seems clear that attachment to physical desires will inevitably draw one back to rebirth on a plane where those physical desires can be fulfilled ... finally.
Here we have the idea of kama-manas:

"kama manas (Sanskrit: from kāma, "desire" + manas, "mind"). The lower part of manas in conjunction with kāma is attracted below to material things, ... If, the kama-manas is insufficiently illuminated to withstand successfully the attractions of the lower astral and material realms of feeling and thought, it is attracted downwards and becomes enchained in these lower realms." (from Veda Wiki)

The problem for us humans is that if we take rebirth to fulfil these physical desires then we might generate even more physical desires. Any satisfaction of physical desires is only temporary, leaving us wanting more.

As Still_Waters says "It seems clear that attachment to physical desires will inevitably draw one back to rebirth." So maybe the key to liberation is not in trying to fulfil all our desires but in finally releasing our attachment to such desires.

Or another way to consider it is that we are transmuting material desire to spiritual aspiration.

Peace
Old 31-08-2022, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Comments? Pretty simple - I agree with Sri Yukteswar. Ha, shuttle to and fro...apt.
Old 31-08-2022, 02:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
If, the kama-manas is insufficiently illuminated to withstand successfully the attractions of the lower astral and material realms of feeling and thought, it is attracted downwards and becomes enchained in these lower realms.[/color]" (from Veda Wiki)
The problem for us humans is that if we take rebirth to fulfil these physical desires then we might generate even more physical desires.
maybe the key to liberation is not in trying to fulfil all our desires but in finally releasing our attachment to such desires.
Another very insightful post, as usual. You raise very good points. Due to administrative guidelines,
must be selective in limiting my quotes but here's the link to your entire post.

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...3&postcount=54

My understanding is also that, if we can't overcome the attractions of the lower astral and material realms, we are indeed drawn downward where we can increase the desires and become enchained to them.

You raise a good point that " maybe the key to liberation is not in trying to fulfil all our desires but in finally releasing our attachment to such desires". That release happens quite naturally when one finds something better ... like the "peace that surpasseth all understanding" in the depths of meditation. Kabbalist Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan actually wrote in his book on Jewish meditations that the depths of meditation is better than even the best sex. It's not that one is giving something up ... it's about finding something even BETTER. That's the way I approach this with others.

Excellent insightful post.
Old 01-09-2022, 01:39 PM
Master
" ...beings in the causal world have a much greater freedom, and can effortlessly manifest their thoughts into instant objectivity, without any material or astral obstruction or karmic limitation."

This is mentioned in the Yoga Vashistha ... and ... there are beings on the earth plane who can do this NOW.

I have come to the conclusion that virtually anything is possible even on the earth plane. What are your thoughts on how such things are possible or do you even believe that such things are possible?

Last edited by Still_Waters : 01-09-2022 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:25 PM
post 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
... So maybe the key to liberation is not in trying to fulfill all our desires
but in finally releasing our attachment to such desires.
Maybe? LOL

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-09-2022, 07:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Maybe? LOL
I have the British tendency to understate the obvious.

Peace
Old 02-09-2022, 12:02 PM
Master
This thread has been a fun run !