Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-09-2022, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeta
'Dying before death' practice, is this in regards to the beings in the Hiraṇyaloka?
Please let me know if I have missed it, but I believe Savikalpa and Nirvikalpa samādhi - very essential eligibility criteria for entring Hiraṇyaloka, is yet to be mentioned in this thread.
"No one can enter Hiranyaloka unless he has passed on earth beyond the state of sabikalpa samadhi into the higher state of nirbikalpa samadhi."

I'm glad that you brought this up as that was precisely where I was hoping to go next. You haven't missed anything. As you can see from the above quote, Yukteswar states explicitly that one must go beyond Savikalpa into the HIGHER STATE of NIRBIKALPA (Nirvikalpa) to be able to enter Hiranyaloka.

(NOTE: For those unfamiliar with the terms, here is a brief definition:

https://www.yogapedia.com/definition/9011/nirvikalpa

"Nirvakalpla Samadhi, is considered to be the highest form of enlightenment, in which awareness is experienced outside of the mind, as one with universal bliss. This meditative state is one without thoughts, conceptions, ideas or form, where true peace can be found. "

Regarding Savikalpa Samadhi:

https://www.yogapedia.com/definition...e%20of%20bliss.)

This thread is heading into a very positive direction leading to HOW does one actually get into Nirvikalpa Samadhi. Pantanjali describes the process and so does Tibetan Buddhism among other wisdom traditions.
Old 16-09-2022, 09:45 PM
Master
For those who read the previous post (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...8&postcount=91) there is one additional comment that I would like to add relevant to the subject of "dying before death".

The following hints at the process of "dying before death" seamlessly:

https://www.yogapedia.com/definition/9011/nirvikalpa

EXCERPT:

"If one does reach nirvakalpa samadhi, it can only be held for a few hours or days at most, as it is such a high state of spirituality that it is believed the practitioner's soul could leave their body and pass over to the other side during nirvakalpa samadhi."
Old 17-09-2022, 02:23 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
You haven't missed anything.
Ah ok
Old 18-09-2022, 09:10 AM
Master

I read your excerpts.
Old 18-09-2022, 02:51 PM
Guide
Quote:
If one does reach nirvakalpa samadhi, it can only be held for a few hours or days at most, as it is such a high state of spirituality that it is believed the practitioner's soul could leave their body and pass over to the other side during nirvakalpa samadhi."
If someone has ever had an OBE and then left the mind also I feel that experience is close to what is being described but happens upon death in a natural way anyways except we are held too far back from it by our own entanglements weighing the soul down.

So holding samadhi vs liberating are two separate things, this quote seems to be pointing at that?

At the moment I have a Teacher who is purposely holding onto a few "karmic" things in order to remain here and has demonstrated the body goes into death mode if the samadhi is held too long, so there is a very interesting way this works. In order to even get to a samadhi point the internal currents of our energy body have to either be purposely altered or the channels have been cleared away enough to allow the Light in more. So it seems that being able to hold a samadhi without liberating means you purposely restrict your energy meridians until it is decided to just let go and leave.

It not necessarily a "high state" of spirituality that must be attained but rather seems it is something always there available to any human Being except it just has to be uncovered. So the work of uncovering it becomes the issue. Fascinating.
Old 19-09-2022, 03:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
At the moment I have a Teacher
Who is that, may I ask? Well I may always ask of course, what I'm really wondering is if you mind telling me, thanks AA.
Old 20-09-2022, 02:18 PM
Master
Quote:
So holding samadhi vs liberating are two separate things, this quote seems to be pointing at that?
At the moment I have a Teacher who is purposely holding onto a few "karmic" things in order to remain here and has demonstrated the body goes into death mode if the samadhi is held too long, so there is a very interesting way this works.
So it seems that being able to hold a samadhi without liberating means you purposely restrict your energy meridians until it is decided to just let go and leave.
What an awesome post ! It's great to hear from some one who understands.

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...5&postcount=95

Having had an mind-boggling, life-transforming NDE (near death experience) many years ago, including an OBE (out-of-body-experience), I can relate well to what you posted.

Your guru has raised a very valid point about the lure of samadhi eventually becoming so great that one no longer has an urge to return attention to one's physical body ... unless one creates karmic bonds and responsibilities intentionally.

Can you elaborate further on your perceived difference between liberation and samadhi as that will take this to an even deeper level.

NOTE: Since my NDE, I have explored the process of death quite intensely. That included a lengthy one-on-one dialogue with a Tibetan monk who lectured and wrote about his personal experience watching his master raise a monk from the dead in order to guide him properly through the Bardos (transitions).
Old 20-09-2022, 03:20 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:

At the moment I have a Teacher who is purposely holding onto a few "karmic" things in order to remain here and has demonstrated the body goes into death mode if the samadhi is held too long, so there is a very interesting way this works.
Oh yes absolutely they are two different things. Liberation is Moksha.
Samādhi can be temporary and moksha is permanent.

Your guru will be enjoying periods of samādhi but he/she is aware of the work he/she has to complete on the earth plane before attaining moksha.

If you can connect to your guru then try this ... feel the vibration you receive from your guru when he/she is in samādhi or shall I say that you will know when your guru is in samādhi

Old 21-09-2022, 01:43 PM
Master
QUOTE 98 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeta
Oh yes absolutely they are two different things. Liberation is Moksha.
Samādhi can be temporary and moksha is permanent.
I agree that there is a difference between samadhi and moksha/liberation.

The word "moksha" is bandied around a lot by different gurus and they don't all seem to be saying the same thing.
What is your understanding of Moksha/liberation?
Old 21-09-2022, 02:58 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
What is your understanding of Moksha/liberation?

I am going to start a thread with this question. But since you already asked me - my understanding of Moksha till now is - when one realizes one's true nature i.e. when one awakens to advaita (non duality) then one attains moksha.