Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-12-2022, 12:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I think we all know what unconditional IS. The tricky part is how to manifest this, and how to keep manifesting it all the time, wisely.

conceptually, it is easy. you just gotta get rid of your conception of quid pro quo... possibly by doing something like doing things and not accepting the result if the doing gets you something you dearly want... you *could* look at jesus' time here as an example of how to go about something like this...
Old 06-12-2022, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
conceptually, it is easy. you just gotta get rid of your conception of quid pro quo... possibly by doing something like doing things and not accepting the result if the doing gets you something you dearly want... you *could* look at jesus' time here as an example of how to go about something like this...

These things I see as the results or symptoms of unconditional love and like you suggest they are wonderful practices to get into good karma yoga, but for me I want to FEEL the unconditional love flooding in and through my whole being. I guess if I were a Mother Teresa karma yoga would be enough for me but it isn’t (for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
....does divine or unconditional love just love because that is what love does?

Going back to what MikeS80 and IAmThat said... Unconditional love is an experience and I think when we get into that experience we channel it. It’s not my I doing anything although perhaps I invoked something in me to produce this effect. How do I become one with that Jesus quality? I think it takes more than imitation because when I sit in my I all these conditions arise. No, my I has to transform into something else, and to surrender to that which is infinitely unconditionally loving.
Old 06-12-2022, 05:42 PM
Master

I'm not well versed on things such as non duality, however I do wonder if practically speaking, room can be made for both unconditional and conditional love because as a social, human species we do require boundaries with each other and boundaries are conditions we place around ourselves from a place of love for self. Boundaries are also loving for others as they teach others how to love us.

Unconditional love IMO is generated from within and is the unifying and connective, generative source but as we come into Human form, we do accept the experiences with it, such as Learning individuation as a piece of source expression.

Personally, I would be aiming for both, a well connected sense of inner Unconditional love as well as a peaceful surrender and acceptance that human beings by our nature do seem to need boundaries and conditions as individual expressions of divine love as a way and means of loving the self and allowing others the opportunity to to love us.
Old 07-12-2022, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Going back to what MikeS80 and IAmThat said... Unconditional love is an experience and I think when we get into that experience we channel it. It’s not my I doing anything although perhaps I invoked something in me to produce this effect.
Unconditional love, to me, is an internal experience, awareness, feeling or sense of the presence of the self/Self or I AM just being. It also seems to me that the mind aspect of the self/Self turns the sense or feeling of unconditional love/being into conditional love, when the self/Self has likes, dislikes, does not know it's self, and when the self/Self perceives to be separate from other selfs/Selfs, the universe, god and etc.
Old 07-12-2022, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Unconditional love, to me, is an internal experience, awareness, feeling or sense of the presence of the self/Self or I AM just being. It also seems to me that the mind aspect of the self/Self turns the sense or feeling of unconditional love/being into conditional love, when the self/Self has likes, dislikes, does not know it's self, and when the self/Self perceives to be separate from other selfs/Selfs, the universe, god and etc.
Yes absolutely.
Old 07-12-2022, 05:06 PM
Master
Quote:

I think a better question to ask is does divine or unconditional love seek an echo to be loved or does divine or unconditional love just love because that is what love does?

I would answer this by saying that divine love and human love are very different things. All aspects of human love are to a degree ego based, so they do seek an echo. Divine love doesn`t, it just loves.