Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 31-10-2019, 02:52 AM
Master

“ There is a power which knows the way.

If you but surrendered to this power, all your needs will be met from within. All of your needs will be met from within, always. But if you sit there being judgmental, say that you can find peace and happiness by doing certain things, it will never happen. And the body will come back again and again and again on this earth plane. Always searching, always looking for something, but never just being.”

Robert Adams

Old 31-10-2019, 04:03 AM
Knower
Nirvana Shatakam - composed by Adi Shankara

mano buddhi ahankara chittani naaham
na cha shrotravjihve na cha ghraana netre
na cha vyoma bhumir na tejo na vaayuhu
chidananda rupah shivo'ham shivo'ham

I am not the mind, the intellect, the ego or the memory,
I am not the ears, the skin, the nose or the eyes,
I am not space, not earth, not fire, water or wind,
I am the form of consciousness and bliss,
I am the eternal Shiva...

na cha prana sangyo na vai pancha vayuhu
na va sapta dhatur na va pancha koshah
na vak pani-padam na chopastha payu

I am not the breath, nor the five elements,
I am not matter, nor the 5 sheaths of consciousness
Nor am I the speech, the hands, or the feet,

na me dvesha ragau na me lobha mohau
na me vai mado naiva matsarya bhavaha
na dharmo na chartho na kamo na mokshaha

There is no like or dislike in me, no greed or delusion,
I know not pride or jealousy,
I have no duty, no desire for wealth, lust or liberation,

na punyam na papam na saukhyam na duhkham
na mantro na tirtham na veda na yajnah
aham bhojanam naiva bhojyam na bhokta

No virtue or vice, no pleasure or pain,
I need no mantras, no pilgrimage, no scriptures or rituals,
I am not the experienced, nor the experience itself,

na me mrtyu shanka na mejati bhedaha
**** naiva me naiva mataa na janmaha
na bandhur na mitram gurur naiva shishyaha

I have no fear of death, no caste or creed,
I have no father, no mother, for I was never born,
I am not a relative, nor a friend, nor a teacher nor a student,

aham nirvikalpo nirakara rupo
vibhut vatcha sarvatra sarvendriyanam
na cha sangatham naiva muktir na meyaha

I am devoid of duality, my form is formlessness,
I exist everywhere, pervading all senses,
I am neither attached, neither free nor captive,

Old 31-10-2019, 04:03 AM
Knower
You have to be very alert, or else your mind will play false with you. It is like watching a thief - not that you expect anything from a thief, but you do not want to be robbed.

- Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 01-11-2019, 03:51 AM
Knower
You begin to practice [self-inquiry], but life interferes. Things happen. You get caught up again and again in maya, the grand illusion. You take things seriously. You think the world has something to offer you, because all sorts of good things begin to happen in your life. And then, of course, it reverses itself, and there is a death in the family again, or you lose your position you've had for twenty years. You go into bankruptcy. So again you begin to inquire. And you run back to the teacher. The teacher tells you, "Do not react to conditions. Do not pay attention to the things of this world. Your body will do the work it came here to do. It has nothing to do with you. Whether you're in bankruptcy or whether you're a millionaire, whether you're sickly, or whether you're well and whole, whether you live in a hut, or you live in a castle, do not take these things seriously. But rather keep turning within. Go deeper. Dive deeper than you've ever dove before. Whatever happens to you in this world, simply observe. For the truth is that the substratum of all existence is love, harmony. There is nothing in the universe that wants to destroy you or hurt you. It is simply maya."

Again you ask, "What is maya?" and the teacher relates the story that I told you in the beginning, also makes the student understand, the water in the mirage, that is maya, something that appears to be real, but upon investigation you find it's not. The whole world is like that. The whole universe is like that. Do not be fooled again. Do not take anything seriously. Turn within. Do not react. And you vehemently make up your mind to go deeper this time, and not get waylaid by maya.

So you begin to inquire resolutely, absolutely, every moment of the day. Whenever a thought comes to you, you ask, "To whom does it come?" Whenever you observe something on television, or in the world, that seems to upset you, or make you happy, you remember to ask, "To whom has this come? Who's experiencing this?" You forget sometimes. But you keep remembering more often than forgetting. No matter what the situation is, good or bad, you stop getting caught up in situations, and you inquire, "To whom does this come? It comes to me. I feel this. I feel this maya. Then who am I? What is the source of the I that feels this maya. Where did that I come from. Who gave it birth? Who am I?"

Of course you never answer that question. You pose the question again and again. And you notice something else happens. You stop getting involved in wordy conversations. Before you used to talk, and talk, and talk, and talk about everything on earth, about the weather, about people, about places, about things, about situations, about the world. Now you no longer have an interest in this. Something tells you it's a waste of energy. You become more succinct. When someone asks you a question, you say yes or no. You no longer go into wordy explanations. Your life becomes simpler and simpler. You become happier and happier. It happens by itself.

And you find that you're always inquiring, "Who am I? To whom does this come?" You begin to abide in the I, tracing the I to the source. As thoughts come you keep asking, "To whom do they come?" You have no goals. You have no ambitions. Yet your body continues to do the work that it came here for. And it does the work better than you ever did it before. You're amazed. You no longer analyze things too much. You no longer try to put things in the right perspective. You no longer stick up for your rights. You have found peace. You go and you share this with your teacher. You tell him how far you've gone, and what's happening to you. And he tells you, "Oh, that's nothing. You have to give all that up. The thought that something is happening to you, that you're improving, that life is better for you, that you're happier, you've simplified your life. All that has got to go also."

You inquire how to get rid of those things fast. And the answer is, "Through self-surrender." Not only should you inquire, but you should also surrender everything. All your thoughts, all your needs, all your desires, your body, your mind. All that, should be surrendered.

"To whom should I surrender, Master?"

"To yourself. The Self that is omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent. The Self that is all-pervading. The Self that is ultimate oneness, pure awareness, sat-chit-ananda, paraBrahman. Surrender to that Self, for you are truly that."

And you are amazed by what you have heard. You begin to do just that. While you are at work, while you're washing dishes, while you're watching TV, you always remember to surrender. And one day the inner guru pulls your mind inward to the source and you awaken. You become liberated. You become yourself. Then you're free.

Sri Robert Adams
Old 01-11-2019, 08:08 AM
Master

“Obliterate the mind completely and become liberated”

Robert Adams

Old 01-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
Nirvana Shatakam - composed by Adi Shankara

mano buddhi ahankara chittani naaham
na cha shrotravjihve na cha ghraana netre
na cha vyoma bhumir na tejo na vaayuhu

I am not the mind, the intellect, the ego or the memory,
I am not the ears, the skin, the nose or the eyes,
I am not space, not earth, not fire, water or wind,

That is one of my favorite songs. Here's the youtube video in Sanskrit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWCnqlBBlo
Old 01-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Master

“Consciousness is the silence”

Robert Adams

Old 01-11-2019, 07:09 PM
Smile

They only freedom we've got is not to react to anything, but to turn
within and know the truth.

...identify with Consciousness, with the Absolute Reality, not with what's
going on in this mortal dream.

~Robert

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2019, 04:18 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
That is one of my favorite songs. Here's the youtube video in Sanskrit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWCnqlBBlo

Mine too Thanks for sharing the link...

Have you heard the Deva Premal version of this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Ca-VIzQH0
Old 02-11-2019, 04:21 AM
Knower
Why should you bear your load on the head when you are travelling on a train? It carries you and your load whether the load is on your head or on the floor of the train. You are not lessening the burden of the train by keeping it on your head but only straining yourself unnecessarily. Similar is the sense of doership in the world by the individuals.

Ramana Maharshi