Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-02-2024, 08:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda
I agreed on that the pain or lose will always comes to you what you will give will always be return to you.
In what sense do you mean ??
For example , my father in an African war shot and killed an enemy soldier and her baby. He would never have knowingly killed a baby , but regardless, he did. The baby was in a baby carrier on her back.
Just a few years later his firstborn was stillborn ( my twin).
Ate you saying this was his karma ??
Old 13-02-2024, 06:36 PM
Master
The death of a baby has a powerful impact on us; it is the death of innocence, regardless whether that baby is killed/murdered or that baby dies from other means. I have experienced this several times. In Vietnam walking along a road on patrol with a group of soldiers I found a dead baby laying next to the road. I wrapped it in my rain gear and carried it in my arms to a suitable place for burial. It was a very powerful experience for me.

As an ambulance EMT paramedic, after the army, I have walked into peoples homes and removed babies who were murdered, or who died from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), that too is a very powerful experience. Not everyone feels remorse or has a conscience that will be impacted by the death of innocence. Children, including babies, die from mistakes as well as deliberate actions.

Frequently, especially in African wars, very young children are kidnapped, taught how to kill with a gun, and indoctrinated to obey a war lord. It is ugly and it is extremely painful. The death of a child can haunt a person for the rest of their life, especially if that person has a conscience and they feel responsible for that death. Why things happen, I don’t know, but many things in my life, including my losing my eyesight and going blind for 5-years; in retrospect I feel it was destined to happen.

Was it karma, I don’t know, was it because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, I don’t know. For me reasoning and logic does not give me adequate answers on many things in life, and I am satisfied not knowing why, although initially it did have a big impact on me and I struggled with it for a long time. Being shot out of the air while in a helicopter, crashing to the ground, both eyes damaged and no eyesight. The crew of the helicopter, except for me and another, are all dead. The other crew member who lived lost both legs in the crash. War stories; all of human life is a story and we each play a part.

These things happen in war; I shared earlier about survivors guilt, why did I live when others died, but also why did this happen to me? On the surface we can say many things, like it happened because I was in a war zone, but deeper more intimate questions about tragedy are left up to the individual to find regardless what others may say or think about it.
Old 14-02-2024, 12:55 PM
Master

Thank you Starman.
My father went on, like you , into a career to help/ save lives.
Sadly, and as you have described , it does not always work out that way.
We always knew when children/ babies had been lost in a house fire because he would come home and couldn't speak to any of us for a couple of days.
And yet even at the end of his life he was not spiritual in any way shape or form.
Old 18-02-2024, 08:23 AM
Master
People find themselves in wars, it's duty calls, and they do what they have to in order to survive. If war broke out in our country we'd all be no different. You find yourself in a world outside of your control and you have to make the best of it. You have some bits of control here and there, how you respond to things. I don't think pacifism will give you a first class ticket in the hereafter. The indifference of a pacifist could have detrimental consequences.

Old 18-02-2024, 08:47 AM
Master

Altair...
So here's the thing
Theres a war ( which is highly likely) ...
And then within each relevant country there is enforced subscription. You are of an age where you are forced to go to war and shoot people dead in order to survive.
Would you be happy to go do that ??
Old 18-02-2024, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
And then within each relevant country there is enforced subscription. You are of an age where you are forced to go to war and shoot people dead in order to survive.
Would you be happy to go do that ??

No, I wouldn't be happy about it.
Old 18-02-2024, 09:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
No, I wouldn't be happy about it.
Neither would I pet. If I heard that you had to go to war and fight for your life or even worse , kill people in order to survive then I would not know which way to turn.
If any of my boys were made to go to war I would not know how to cope, and neither would they.
Old 18-02-2024, 11:28 AM
Master
In my country, some people go to war because they are told it is their patriotic duty but the one saying such, generally avoids going to war themselves.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 18-02-2024, 12:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
In my country, some people go to war because they are told it is their patriotic duty but the one saying such, generally avoids going to war themselves.

You mean like leaders? They have their own role to play. It's not ideal to send leaders of a country to the battlefield. If they're good at their job of course, then they'll have a set of skills that can't be as easily replaced.

Think of it like a game of chess, you will sacrifice a peon over a bishop.
Old 18-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Master

As in any war , the leaders , big wigs , governers , politicians are holed up in a safe bunker .
You will NEVER see them on the front line of the "peasants" they order to go there and fight.
Shame on them..
I'd like to think of them as "cowards "...