Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-09-2021, 04:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madamedude
It's interesting to observe that in siblings. For example, the elder of my siblings remained blonde. The middle child was blond 'til eight and then turned brown. And then you have me, who was born with a blonde punk haircut, and turned to brown in only a few weeks !

Yous had a bit of a colour chart going on

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 15-09-2021, 04:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
My hair was crazy white/blond when young but I was outdoors non-stop. Wondering around mountains and creeks all day as a kid, then surfing non-stop as a teenager. Got darker to light brown when I grew up and got indoor jobs. I guess the sun can really brighten up whatever our natural color is.

Yep the sun seems to colour hair for sure, that's why we all have dark hair here where i live, Ireland ,we all have rain coloured hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
The end is nigh.... well end of what? Life in a body! It's overrated anyway. It's sad cause the earth can be a beautiful place but humans can sure mess things up. A few make things better as well.
Well said

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 15-09-2021, 04:48 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHenson
Your elderly father is correct. Though the Bible refers to several different end times which apply to various times, i.e. Noah's flood, the Judaic kings and the destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians . . . the end times on a global scale began with the birth of Adam and Eve's first child. Jesus and the writers of the Christian Greek scriptures call that period the founding of the world which is often mistaken for the creation of Earth. Research the Greek word katabole, which, interestingly enough (if I haven't already mentioned it), has the same exact meaning as the English F word. F bomb as they call it. "Laying or throwing down of seed."

Thanks David, Seems extensive and rich. The Adam and Eve story, myth, teaching, truth or whatever descriptions you want to use i've always found to be quite interesting and spiritual too. I first really came across the story of Adam and Eve reading Milton's Paradise Lost at College. Right, interesting distinction between the creation of Earth and the founding of the world. All good stuff David thanks for sharing, i'll take a look at that word too.

Old 16-09-2021, 01:24 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Speaking with my Elderly Father, ( elderly in body at least), the otherday and he shared a nice insight with me by reminding me that as a child I saw people carrying this sign , THE END IS NIGH, around the streets of our Capital City. My Father also pointed out that people have been carrying this sign around for hundreds if not thousands of years !!! hmmmm So how long is a piece of string etc. ?
you kind of remind me of those in Noah's time, Noah preached about the flood and destruction that was soon to come for about 40 or 50 years. I pretty sure MANY thought.. you been saying this since our children were babies, now they have babies." when the flood finally came, it was to late for them. Jesus told his Apostles and us, when we would know the last days. or time of the End ,(Matt. 24:4-14).by they things we see concerning what Jesus had said. we are truly living in the last days.

and just like in Noah's time as Jesus said Many still won't listen. or stop their immoral or abominating ways. Jesus said "But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be", (Matthew 24:37-39). we don't know the exact day of the End. but we do know MANY of us will see the End just like in Noah's day. some will see destruction and some will survive. peace
Old 16-09-2021, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
MANY of us will see the End just like in Noah's day. some will see destruction and some will survive. peace
And ' Many ' will understand the end is the beginning for ALL..... peace.
Old 16-09-2021, 05:23 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Sky123,

It would be good to develop that thought. We can ask ourselves…..”the end of what is nigh ?” Totally depends on one’s viewpoint. If it is the end of suffering, confusion and separation from God then we should embrace it. I have gone to bed many times thankful that a certain day has ended. Upon awakening to a new day what should I do ? Go back and load myself with the burdens of yesterday or believe that I have been given a new day ? For certain Christians this might be the day you are born again. If that should happen there are a lot of things that have come to an end…..and mercifully so….:)
Old 16-09-2021, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky123,

I have gone to bed many times thankful that a certain day has ended. Upon awakening to a new day what should I do ? Go back and load myself with the burdens of yesterday or believe that I have been given a new day ?
Well considering the burdens of yesterday are but memories, be present in the 'New Day' which is full of potential
Old 17-09-2021, 04:06 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Many ' will understand that their end is the 'SECOND DEATH' the eternal punishment for the unrepentant wicked, but the beginning of the everlasting life for the righteous.

Hebrews 9: 28; He will appear a second time, not to deal with sin, but to save those who are waiting for him.

Are you one of they who are waiting for him 'Sky'?
Old 17-09-2021, 05:11 AM
Master

Yesterday
All my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday
Suddenly
I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hangin' over me
Oh, yesterday came suddenly
Why she had to go, I don't know, she wouldn't say
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday

Paul McCarthney

.................................................. ................

Old 17-09-2021, 06:19 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Yesterday

Oh how I long for yesterday
With the winning lotto numbers drawn today
I long to return to yesterday.