Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 24-08-2021, 07:55 AM
Seeker

This is...Well...Wow!

Back in 2005, I made some friends online when I first got on the internet. One of them was a lovely Finnish man - an artist/photographer/graphic novelist whom I had a lot in common with. We would have long chats both on the phone and Windows Live Messenger. We sent each other e-mails - with one of his being my absolute favorite e-mails from anyone I'd ever received. It was brief, but beautiful and brilliant. We would talk about meeting - him coming to visit me in California or me coming to visit him in Finland. It was more platonic at the time as soon after I'd met him, I'd gotten into a relationship while he was having a couple of flings. In between relationships with others, we'd flirt some but mostly we just talked and talked and talked about life, spirituality, our passions, his art forms and my stories, poems, my book - shared our art, shared photos, etc.

I then met someone, moved to England and got married. My Finnish friend and I stayed in touch - though less often. Once I had a child, I had less time and so our contact dwindled until it was occasional and then non-existent as of 2016. My marriage has since fallen apart and we're separated.

This past July, I became nostalgic and started looking at photos of the little California town I was living in back in 2005/2006. I then began thinking of the friends I had back then - including my online ones and thus, also my friend from Finland. About a week later, out of the blue, he wrote me asking me how I was doing in this 'crazy world.' I wrote him back and told him I'd actually been thinking of him the week previous. He then wrote me and said he'd seen pictures of where I'm from and thought about me a lot that week, wondering what had become of me.

It gets MUCH more astonishing...

In his second e-mail he mentioned living where it is I am currently living here in England. He'd put it in a funny way and so I thought he was joking and dismissed it. I was not sure he'd known I'd move to this part of the country - if I'd told him that. I know when we'd last been in contact, I'd told him I was looking to move back to America which I had been at the time. Then in his third letter, he spoke more of living here and sent me some beautiful photos he'd taken of the island. He then asked me where I was now living in America if not where I come from. He then joked about sending me a red fox (which happens to be my totem animal, but he does not know this.).

In short, I'm stunned. I wrote him back telling him I thought he'd been kidding, that I now realized he was serious and that I am living here too - that I'm not back in America. I'm currently awaiting his response (which could take some time as he tends to check his e-mails less often than most people.).

I know I can't know what all this possibly means just yet, but this is astonishing - especially considering the fact that this is a man who would often flee the ice and snow of his home country for the sunnier, warmer countries of southern Europe as well as Africa. I never imagined he'd live in England with all its rain - and also because he would say he was not so fond of this country. IO do know he misses his travels as he said as much, but that the pandemic is keeping him stationary. So, I'm not hear asking what anyone thinks this means, I'm just here noting this down.

Last edited by Star Poet : 24-08-2021 at 05:18 PM.
Old 24-08-2021, 12:01 PM
I found the most amazing was the red fox ---are you sure you never slipped and told him one time...I mean, cuz wow.
But, these things really happen!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-08-2021, 05:04 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I found the most amazing was the red fox ---are you sure you never slipped and told him one time...I mean, cuz wow.

No, I never told him anything about the red fox being my spirit animal.
Old 24-08-2021, 05:11 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Ha! No. I'm 100% sure I never told him anything about the red fox being my spirit animal. Indeed, I only learned it was in 2014 and we'd hardly been in correspondence then up until 2016 when it stopped completely. That is, until picking up again this summer.
Old 27-08-2021, 08:25 PM
Master
Having pen pals are great.. you can really meet people online that change your life... but you can also meet people that you are thankful it’s online.. great you’ve had such a good experience... my experience has been so so... I couldn’t imagen people’s maturity... I’m a mature person and don’t hav experience of the person with loads of baggage... lots of projecting... they shut you down so fast.. so it’s great you can rekindle your experiences...

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 27-08-2021, 09:51 PM
Ascender

You two definitely have a connection. I hope it works out for you!
Old 02-09-2021, 01:45 AM
Experiencer

Even tho you had went off path, by what you mentioned about living in england as a place he had mentioned visiting. I see dots being connected which I feel shows the influence of the deep connection that you have with him.
Old 24-09-2021, 05:35 PM
Seeker

Thank you everyone for your replies. I agree that there's definitely a connection between us but exactly as to what it is - the depth and extent of it - we'll have to see.

Anyway, I don't come to this forum as much as I'd like to, but thought I would update that my friend replied in his last letter with saying that we 'need to meet.' I only just wrote him back since I'd gotten busy with some important matters with regards son. I told him I'd like to talk on the phone beforehand and we can arrange something then.

Another cool instance occurred when, in that last letter of his, he'd said he'd begun thinking of me while recently driving past the little area where I live on the island en route to the town just beyond it. He did not know that I lived here at the time. I only revealed that in the mail before my last one.

It will be interesting to see where this goes - if anywhere.