Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-07-2021, 02:30 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
Experiencing non-dualism is like waking up in a dream.
Suddenly you're aware that life itself is a Dream, and you're the dreamer. You see through the illusion.
That's still the illusion because you are the dream thinking it is the dreamer.
Old 25-07-2021, 01:14 PM
Experiencer

The opposite of duality is non duality and visa versa. Both are just another pair of extremes in the mind conveniently interpreted as nothingness and somethingness or as unmanifested and manifested. Its just more duality. More story. Source, the authentic quality, the real non duality (without an opposite), if you will, lies beyond both and can't be measured. How can it be? Even fundamental awareness (subjective) before it was filled with the content of conditioning and began to sleep, still has "other" (objective) in place to fulfill something called being aware....and so is still dual. That is, awareness itself is still dual. It is the last duality to end all duality once realized.

The exterior world is a projection made possible by the ultimate duality... that would be you. Its not a perception out there separate from you. You are the unknowing enabler of that perception looking out and searching for that quality "beyond" duality.

Its not something you gain by understanding it. Not mentally. We can *deleted* with it for entertainment and play with it for ****s and giggles. However, with the identity/ interpreting machine still firmly in place all the mind really does is it keeps sweeping the floor with the shadow of a broom ...over and over and over again.

You are the ultimate duality from which all other duality derives. Your very own identity has everything invested in a foundation which provides your everyday reality.

The ego is so much more than most would ever want to consider.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-07-2021 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Not even a hint of a swear word allowed. :) Family friendly forum.
Old 25-07-2021, 05:03 PM
Master

awakening clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1wakesup
with the identity/ interpreting machine still firmly in place all the mind really does is it keeps sweeping the floor with the shadow of a broom ...over and over and over again.

Hi ,

What is the reason you feel identity/interpreting machine firmly in place is futile and useless . I dont remember having known any great person / God loosing identity/interpreting machine for accomplishing their greatness .

Can u elaborate.
Old 26-07-2021, 01:41 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Hi ,

What is the reason you feel identity/interpreting machine firmly in place is futile and useless . I dont remember having known any great person / God loosing identity/interpreting machine for accomplishing their greatness .

Can u elaborate.

There is no one to accomplish anything here. Its not some gift you are given or a crowned prize to wear on you head.

Refering to the collective humam condition which believes itself the thinker of thoughts. The one identified with thought. You don't think... you unconsciously listen and so keep your awareness dormant. That one can know nothing other than to grasp more story about itself saturated in duality. It's a surface search for a destination in the mind.

Non duality is not an experience you can add to yourself. The mind is just playing pretend and assumes more conditioning where no identity is found. That mind is only interested in its own survival and separation That agenda doesn't workout very well in a state with no other to conceptualize.

If you are identified with this thinking process (identity/interpreting machine) and identification with the mind is still in tact, its simply more movie.

The unconscious nature of the mind is to grasp for that which it seeks. And so it assumes a search for that which is already inherent within.

Your awareness must lose its entire matrix of conditioning in order to go beyond the precipice of a thought processed reality (which anchors and seems to never end).

Our gaps between thoughts (usually) never endure enough to really expand because our ties to that which we know are overwhelming.

Your attention is all that you have to harness so that the potential exist for a more extraordinary view.
Old 26-07-2021, 03:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volman
I can be non dual
I can be dual
It seems to me that I can switch from duality to non duality within the mind....
😔?
Non duality and duality are both constructs, concepts or ideas of the mind that create more separation and opposition, that which creates separation and opposition is not oneness or wholeness.

The problem is not with the concepts/constructs of non duality and duality (the concepts/constructs of non duality and duality has their purpose up to the point that we know we are both non duality and duality, when we know we are both, the concepts/constructs of non duality and duality does not matter and we move/evolve forward ), the problem is people do not get past the spiritual concepts/constructs of non duality and duality and/or non duality vs duality to understand that non duality and duality is what make up oneness/wholeness. Non duality by itself is not oneness/wholeness, oneness/wholeness is non duality and duality combined into the one and the same. Non-duality sounds spiritual, warm, comforting, and fuzzy, and gives people a sense of those feelings in the form of a mental band-aid.

We are both non duality and duality at the same time 24/7, therefore we are oneness/wholeness.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 26-07-2021 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 26-07-2021, 03:37 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
That's still the illusion because you are the dream thinking it is the dreamer.

Yes, my ego was given a "glimpse" beyond time/space in that moment in time long ago. I was "half" awake. Then I fell back asleep, of course. But, I'll never forget it.
Old 26-07-2021, 05:41 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
The opposite of duality is non duality and visa versa.
Non-duality is duality.

Quote:
The exterior world is a projection made possible by the ultimate duality...
What you experience of the outer world is your unconscious filtered through your ego.

Quote:
You are the ultimate duality from which all other duality derives.
You are a number of aspects all affecting each other at any given time. and usually a lot more than two.

Quote:
Your very own identity has everything invested in a foundation which provides your everyday reality.
That's true.

Quote:
Yes it is, it co-creates your perceptual reality with your unconscious.

Quote:
And so it assumes a search for that which is already inherent within.
Don't tell them that, their grasping minds won't be able to cope with it.

Quote:
Your awareness must lose its entire matrix of conditioning in order to go beyond the precipice of a thought processed reality (which anchors and seems to never end).
Not lose the conditioning, using the word 'lose' in this context is another trap for the ego. If you lost the conditioning you'd lose the capacity to process reality and you'd be long gone gaga, what we need to do is change the destructive processing for constructive processing.
Old 26-07-2021, 05:56 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
Yes, my ego was given a "glimpse" beyond time/space in that moment in time long ago. I was "half" awake. Then I fell back asleep, of course. But, I'll never forget it.
Sometimes the oldies are the best ones, such as "The Seeker is that which is being sought" and "Who are you, when you are not?" When we get ourselves out of the way something more interesting can come through.
Old 26-07-2021, 06:09 AM
Master
When I try to get myself out of the way, I stand in my own way. And I realise, I am all that there is. It is about HOW I choose to get in my own way, that determines my experience of myself. As the way.
Old 26-07-2021, 06:27 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
When I try to get myself out of the way, I stand in my own way. And I realise, I am all that there is. It is about HOW I choose to get in my own way, that determines my experience of myself. As the way.
You are already your experience of yourself, you haven't been anything else since you were a child and in many ways you always will be.

Who are you, when you are not?