Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-06-2021, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
EXCERPT
I think they did that on purpose, maybe they all thought that it was about the same God, maybe they wanted to put all these writtings under one God to avoid some kind of split up, creating more problems.
If you look at the Hebrew Bible...... it is all there to see. That is where I found these irregularities.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-06-2021, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
EXCERPT
But then again, who is this guy Melchizedek? The actualy word is "WCVIKLN" and gets prononunced " mal-kee-tseh'-dek", Christ belongs to the order of Melchizedek.
I think you are referring to the Greek word that gets translated into English as Melchizedek.

The Greek word is Μελχισέδεκ which sounds in Greek as something like Melchisedek which seems to imply, when they translated the Hebrew word to Greek, they came up with a new word foreign to the original Hebrew word.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-06-2021, 01:48 PM
Master

I knew about all those words for God and when I first saw this I was left speachless, really.

About Melchizedek, maybe there is a logical reason why they translated it this way, my friend, we are not scholars, anyway I m going to do more study about it. You know there are sources outside the Bible that talk about Melchizedek? This guy was really important.
Old 26-06-2021, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
I knew about all those words for God and when I first saw this I was left speachless, really.

About Melchizedek, maybe there is a logical reason why they translated it this way, my friend, we are not scholars, anyway I m going to do more study about it. You know there are sources outside the Bible that talk about Melchizedek? This guy was really important.
Ask RabbiO That Man, He's the expert on Hebrew here...
Old 26-06-2021, 02:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
As we talk about Jesus' pre-human existence, we will probably talk about incarnation vs re-incarnation, especially as it applies to Jesus.

BigJohn,

This is slightly non-sensical…if one talks about incarnation and/or reincarnation you are talking about humans…..I.e. Melchizedek. The only way you can talk about the pre-human existence of Jesus is to speak of him in his spiritual form not any physical form.
Old 26-06-2021, 02:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
BigJohn,

This is slightly non-sensical…if one talks about incarnation and/or reincarnation you are talking about humans…..I.e. Melchizedek. The only way you can talk about the pre-human existence of Jesus is to speak of him in his spiritual form not any physical form.

Then who appeared to Abraham? To whom gave Abraham to eat?
Old 26-06-2021, 02:21 PM
Master
Did not Jesus incarnate into the physical in the first century?

Old 26-06-2021, 02:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Ask RabbiO That Man, He's the expert on Hebrew here...

Thanks! I will!
Old 26-06-2021, 02:23 PM
Master
Some people claim Jesus reincarnated in the first century but I see no purpose for him reincarnating. I believe it would have been an incarnation.

Old 26-06-2021, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:

EXCERPT

About Melchizedek, maybe there is a logical reason why they translated it this way, my friend, we are not scholars, anyway I m going to do more study about it.

A lot of words did not get translated properly. When they went from Hebrew to Greek in the Septuagint, a low of translation errors occurred. I guess trying to translate very fast was not a very good idea.............