Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 21-06-2021, 11:11 AM
Master
Overloading maya or the physical world.

I have commented upon the fickleness and character of maya (the physical world) before. It is very temperamental and seems to obey it's own laws rather than any objective law. One really annoying characteristic that I find it has is its refusal to allow spiritual interference.

Often in my life I have a spiritual inspiration or insight. A beautiful feeling, or an original idea. As soon as this happens maya clamps down. It says "shan't" "won't" like a spoilt child.

Maya is particularly sensitive to spiritual hot spots. Anything spiritually hot gets censured. Don't believe me? Wait till it happens to you.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 21-06-2021, 12:28 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Maya is physical objective reality. It follows the laws of science/nature as we understand them. In this level of reality Spirit is subjective, else it would be able to be objectively measured and quantified by said laws of science/nature and mutually agreed upon like gravity. It's Maya's nature to veil the transcendent and mind is part and parcel of Maya.
Old 21-06-2021, 01:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Maya is physical objective reality. It follows the laws of science/nature as we understand them. In this level of reality Spirit is subjective, else it would be able to be objectively measured and quantified by said laws of science/nature and mutually agreed upon like gravity. It's Maya's nature to veil the transcendent and mind is part and parcel of Maya.

Spoken like a true materialist. But as a spiritualist you probably know better.

Old 21-06-2021, 01:22 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Spoken like a true materialist. But as a spiritualist you probably know better.
Material reality is very real on the material level. On this level of existence the level of Spirit is nonsensical in that it's incomprehensible to intellect which is a tool of and in the material level of existence.

Maya has two powers, that of projection and veiling. It projects material reality and in that reality veils the reality of Spirit, however it does have cracks. Those cracks are where insights arise.
Old 21-06-2021, 01:32 PM
Master
You have an interesting understanding of maya!

Old 21-06-2021, 02:29 PM
Quote:
I have commented upon the fickleness and character of maya (the physical world) before.
Maya is particularly sensitive to spiritual hot spots. Anything spiritually hot gets censured.
Don't believe me? Wait till it happens to you.
I do not find this Illusion, Dream, Maya to be fickle at all,
since it is constant in it's changing or temporary nature.
Like death and taxes you can be sure of them.

Can u give us an example of Maya censoring spirituality...just wanna see what you
are referring to, personally. Thanks.

JASG:''Maya has two powers, that of projection and veiling.
It projects material reality and in that reality veils the reality of Spirit,
however it does have cracks. Those cracks are where insights arise.'' Really great.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-06-2021, 02:42 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
You have an interesting understanding of maya!
I bookmarked this lecture at the point of a very pertinent story. The whole lecture is worth watching but this piece drives the point home. https://youtu.be/MxUXl2YXXL4?t=102

Material reality is an appearance of and within Brahman. Being that, it can't be said to be absolutely unreal because that would negate Brahman too. It also can't be said to be absolutely real because that would limit Brahman within time, space and causality.

Is a dream real within dream reality? From the dream perspective it appears to be real but it's just not absolutely real.
Old 21-06-2021, 08:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Can u give us an example of Maya censoring spirituality...just wanna see what you are referring to, personally. Thanks.
There are so many instances of this that it is difficult to find a pertinent example.

Computers seem particularly susceptible to maya's attacks. If I am experiencing any spiritual high (of an unfettered nature) then my computer usually responds by throwing up faults, glitches, bugs etc. Anything to bring that high down.

Another example is the fate of spiritually hot celebrities. Like JFK or Princess Diana or Gandhi or Jim Morrison. They all died unexpected deaths. Their life was cut short.

When board gaming and throwing the dice to get the right result to help you along; you would be amazed how the dice behave to prevent *that* great shot or manoeuvre. The dice fairly consistently do what you do not want them to do. In this case maya plays havoc with your intentions, wants and desires.

The list can go on but it is difficult to recall and word the examples correctly....

Old 21-06-2021, 08:22 PM
Master
In all cases of this censorship of spirituality maya plays the game subtly. It is not overt or obvious in any way. Covert, hidden, subversive is the name of the game. Nothing one can actually prove!

Old 21-06-2021, 09:36 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
In all cases of this censorship of spirituality maya plays the game subtly. It is not overt or obvious in any way. Covert, hidden, subversive is the name of the game. Nothing one can actually prove!

Life upchucks as often for the Enlightened as the unenlightened. The difference is how the upchucks are viewed and handled.

For the Enlightened it's of no concern as it's just a feature of Maya and that's only apparent reality. It's like watching a movie. For the unenlightened it's as real as it gets and so is the attendant suffering.