Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-06-2021, 01:12 AM
AbodhiSky

my computer is messin up i will wait to post
Old 22-06-2021, 01:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
my computer is messin up i will wait to post

I got a glimpse at your list of 45. I guess that is ample evidence for all of those who believe in reincarnation ?….:). If it was just one it might be a little hard to believe but 45 is hard to argue with..:)
Old 22-06-2021, 05:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
ThatMan,

Everyone that believes in reincarnation wants to speculate who Jesus was in previous lives. We have already had David named as a predecessor and Matthew 16:13-17 gives guesses from the contemporaries of Jesus. Only Simon Peter was correct and with that revelation by Jesus it should have squelched any similar speculations. Pursuit of this always seems to me a desperate attempt to give the most valid indication of the reality of reincarnation. It is either that or a determination to reduce Jesus to our level and deny his uniqueness.

I said nothing about such things and what reincarnation Jesus needs when Melchizedek had no beginning and no end and let's not forget when Abraham met the LORD ( yeh-ho-vaw' ) directly having the form of a human being, who was then?
Old 22-06-2021, 05:49 AM
Master
In the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus asks his Disciples who people say He is, the Disciples said that people suspect He may be one of the OT Prophets, although Jesus didn't claim to be one of the Prophets, He didn't comment that such a thing would be impossible either.
Old 22-06-2021, 08:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
The messiah was supposed to be a King here on earth according to Judaism. A King like David. So a threatening thing for the rulers of the day and Jesus had no interest in such a thing. But he had to know the rulers were thinking this guy, if he is claiming to be the messiah, will amass an army or something and try to be King.

So why did Jesus tell his followers to get him a donkey so he could ride into town on it like Kings did? That was a provocation and why do such thing?
. He wanted people to see him as an equal, not as someone above them. Maybe he didn't want to be viewed as "king". I am sure Jesus could have had 1,000 hot super models as well. But that's not what he believed in, that's not the person he was. He did and trusted in what he believed in no matter what the other side did. He trusted his beliefs so much, he even gave his life for them. He trusted and believed in us.
Old 22-06-2021, 09:34 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
I got a glimpse at your list of 45.
i could not read my own post for a long time so i figured that was a sign i should not post it. i believe in signs from the spirit world.
Old 22-06-2021, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
In the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus asks his Disciples who people say He is, the Disciples said that people suspect He may be one of the OT Prophets, although Jesus didn't claim to be one of the Prophets, He didn't comment that such a thing would be impossible either.
Yes, and we could ask the question,
''And why didn't Jesus say, What? There is no reincarnation! I could not possibly have been Elijah!!".

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-06-2021, 01:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, and we could ask the question,
''And why didn't Jesus say, What? There is no reincarnation! I could not possibly have been Elijah!!".
Exactly, He obviously believed in Reincarnation otherwise He would have shouted ' impossible '
Old 22-06-2021, 02:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Exactly, He obviously believed in Reincarnation otherwise He would have shouted ' impossible '

Sky123,

Are you suggesting that Jesus regarded himself as the reincarnation of someone else ?
Old 22-06-2021, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Sky123,
Are you suggesting that Jesus regarded himself as the reincarnation of someone else ?
Can I also answer that for me, too, Mo?
I do not think he was suggesting that he was someone else reincarnated.
Just that he didn't 'put down the very idea' of reincarnation.
My belief, (and belief doesn't mean true), is that it was a very common belief then. ..like a 'given'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru