Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 07-11-2020, 12:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

My experience is often a telepathic conversation. Which is very much like an imaginary conversation. This is similar to self talk except it is happening with another person.

channeling?

Quote:
Once in a while I will channel another intuitively. This is more like instinctual awareness not involving a conversation.

You'll channel another what/whom?

Quote:
Experiences like this are best understood by those who do these things. Without first hand personal experiences with some thing like this it can be very hard to conceptualize.

John

Why not take a stab, John?
Old 07-11-2020, 12:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I don't want to sound rude but with the greatest respect you're not responding to what I've asked. The thread's title is key - what is it for YOU? I wanted to know primarily what it is for those who say they are channelers.

The difference between Mediums and Channelers - by Me

I know a lot about mediumship - it's my specialty. I can find any amount of literature and online material about channeling but that's not what I was asking folk about.

What I hoped to find out is what real people actually do when they 'channel' - or at least learn what they believe they are doing. I suspect there is a difference between what one 'channeler' means and another; it was that I wanted to try to understand.

I realize I didn't answer your question, but I wanted to find out if you knew what channeling was as opposed to mediumship.

And yes of course mediums can be channelers and channelers can be mediums. It is just, most like to specialize in one or the other, but they can be both.

The reason I think they are different is probably only in my imagination, but if you were to as a medium if they are a channeler, in my experience the answer is no.

So I guess it is mostly a personal difference.

Since I am not a medium (and don't wish to be) I can't say for sure.

However, someone I know and love is both and likes to be both, so there you are. My scientific study proved wrong While I am fascinated by mediums and their gifts and the information they bring through, I think that would be a more difficult way to live until they learn to shut it down at will.

As to your original question: "I wanted to know primarily what it is for those who say they are channelers" you asked WHAT it is, so I was trying my best to explain what channeling was, from my perspective of course, which is the only one I have.

I would imagine channeling means something different to everyone that channels, because we only have our own tiny perspective.

Are you a medium asking about channeling, or are you a scientist trying to determine (using a scientific method of course) what is channeling? I'm just curious.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
I realize I didn't answer your question, but I wanted to find out if you knew what channeling was as opposed to mediumship.

And yes of course mediums can be channelers and channelers can be mediums. It is just, most like to specialize in one or the other, but they can be both.

The reason I think they are different is probably only in my imagination, but if you were to as a medium if they are a channeler, in my experience the answer is no.

So I guess it is mostly a personal difference.

Since I am not a medium (and don't wish to be) I can't say for sure.

However, someone I know and love is both and likes to be both, so there you are. My scientific study proved wrong While I am fascinated by mediums and their gifts and the information they bring through, I think that would be a more difficult way to live until they learn to shut it down at will.

As to your original question: "I wanted to know primarily what it is for those who say they are channelers" you asked WHAT it is, so I was trying my best to explain what channeling was, from my perspective of course, which is the only one I have.

I would imagine channeling means something different to everyone that channels, because we only have our own tiny perspective.

Are you a medium asking about channeling, or are you a scientist trying to determine (using a scientific method of course) what is channeling? I'm just curious.

I'll address your last question first - it's neither. My speciality is communication. Channeling and mediumship both fall into that broad category. I had raised similar questions in the 'Channeling' forum without success.

I have a good understanding of mediumship but not of channelling and I'm hoping channelers will improve that situation.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:19 PM
Master

I'm finding it difficult to narrow down your question, because it is such a broad topic, but I don't mind trying to take a stab at it. I agree with John, because it is telepathy - for lack of a better man made word for something that is non-physical and not in the human language - it is like trying to explain what energy is to you - we are all made up of energy, but what is it to you - is a very broad question -

And I admit I am very simple when it comes to certain things - like computers - so I'll try to answer from my perspective only but I don't know how to do simple computer tricks like typing an answer under an answer, which you appear to be very good at! So this is the only way I know to do this - its called, Copy and Paste LOL.

Channelers channel pretty much anything and everything else. When you learn to channel and you practice (and anyone can learn it because we (most of us) all come in with the same equipment) and you practice, after a while you discover you can channel whomever you like.

That's an interesting claim but what evidence do you have?

From my perspective only and from what I have learned personally or evidence in the general sense of "hard facts and evidence" type of thing - herein lies my difficulty in answering your question so I'll start with mine.

When I first learned to channel, I didn't know "who" I was channeling. And I forgot to ask. I was writing in my journal about what I was doing in my life basically, ho hum, but at the time I was trying to learn to channel. I was on a quest. It was a very fun quest. I was about two to three months into this quest. In the middle of my journal entry, I stopped and read back what I had written and realized I had not consciously written the last few sentences and while I was contemplating that, I heard the words clearly in my head - relax and breathe. So I did that, and what poured out was this beautiful channeling, several pages worth. "Who" was it from? I have no idea, but it was life changing.

So I practiced and practiced and it got easier and easier. The words that came to me were just that - words. Words turn into sentences (for which, by the way, "they" do not bother with punctuation).

After a while, I had the thought to ask others if they had a question, and I would try to channel the answer for them.

That was the most fun I had had in a long while.

What was surprising was the "one" who answered the question. By that time I was phrasing my question request as "from a higher guide". And I always asked who was answering.

The "ones" who were answering were most of the time always different than "who" I channeled. When I asked, "Who am I channeling" I got answers like "Light" and "Metatron" and .. I'm trying to remember - this was years ago -..."Jesus" "God" "Seth" and others.

Where is my evidence, you ask? Only in my mind. And on paper.

When you tap into the non-physical realm, and you learn how to ask questions, sometimes the questions are specific and sometimes I just ask if there are any messages waiting (for me or them, depending on if I am asking for myself or others).

I have specifically asked for "people" once. That was Michael Jackson. Oh that was fun.

Because "they" are energy, and I know what my energy feels like, I know when I am feeling something that is other than my energy. The energy from the Other Side is tremendous. It feels like a warm blanket, that my cells are humming. How exactly do you explain that? Ecstay sometimes, if I could spell it.

The evidence is energy - so we are back to - how to you describe what energy feels like that is not your own. The only way to describe it is with feelings, because it is a feeling and a knowing, and there are not words to describe it in the physical realm, so it is difficult to describe. It is not physical. It took me a long time to grasp what non physical meant. That is a quest all by itself.

So if you are looking for scientific evidence, you would have to go to the quantum field, and isn't that a challenge? What is the quantum field to you is basically your question, and where is the evidence?? I guess the short answer is I don't know. That's always what my granddaughter tells me when I ask her something she can't answer. I don't know.

Oh, one more thing. I turn it on and off. I have learned how to do that (I hope most of the time). Sometimes I will encounter a field of negative energy and I won't know it for a few minutes - all of a sudden I feel negative, my thought patterns turn negative - and it might take a few minutes to realize and to ask myself where it came from - and, being an empath, is it mine or someone elses? As an empath, a lot of times the answer is, it is someone else's energy I am picking up on, their vibration, and because I am vibrating, if I am not careful, I will match their vibration and there goes my thoughts, because my thoughts will now match that vibration, and if it is not a very fun vibration, I get a lot of not very fun thoughts. I am learning how to determine what is mine and what is someone elses, but that is a whole other subject.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
And it's my forté.....
I love people like you in the lab, in surgery, flying airplanes, planning our cities.
Someday tell us what you did for a living ---I bet it was very technical and you were good at it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-11-2020, 01:56 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I love people like you in the lab, in surgery, flying airplanes, planning our cities.
Someday tell us what you did for a living ---I bet it was very technical and you were good at it.

........ One day I'll tell you.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Master

Bobjob - sorry it took me so long, but I think I found your question:

"What I hoped to find out is what real people actually do when they 'channel' - or at least learn what they believe they are doing. I suspect there is a difference between what one 'channeler' means and another; it was that I wanted to try to understand."

OK. It's probably a long answer. This is from my perspective only.

When I channel, I am tapping into energy. Since everyone and everything is made up of energy, it is helpful to know "who"s energy I am tapping in to. So, for the sake of this answer, say I ask: I would like to channel X.

So then I set my radio dial - my tuner. In order to get a clear answer, I have to be a clear channel. Being a clear channel is a whole other subject, but basically it means: #1 - I have to step out of the way, in order to allow X to answer through my aparatus (my thoughts, so lack of a better term, my int of focus, my inner minds eye, my fingers or mouth, depending on how I am channeling). So I allow them in to my energy field to use my aparatus, and I allow my self to step out of the way.

As an aside - I have done an energy exercise with Seth where we both shared my physical aparatus at the same time, and can I just say - wow. To feel the fullness of another's being inside that of my own energy field, full is not the correct term, but it feel like my cells are expanding and have to grow larger in order to allow all that energy in. - However, this is not my normal way of channeling, so I will continue.

When I step "aside" I do so unconsciously, so it is difficult to describe.

I have learned my way of connecting. It took me many months to learn and it has changed and evolved over time. Sometimes I like to go on a long journey to get to my channeling space. Sometimes it is very short. It depends on me and how I am feeling. But I can connect instantly, it is just that I like the journey so that is usually the one I take.

If you look at channeling as if it is a muscle you are building up, and at first your muscle is very weak and you have to tone it, then you realize you have to practice with this muscle and the muscle will get stronger and your results will get better and then it is just a matter of keeping the weeds from growing and sweeping and dusting up the debris that has accumulated since the last time I channel, which is important if I want to be a clear channel.

However, the information that I receive I can only channel through my filters, so the answer that I am being given is coming through my filters and will be different than anyone else's answer. Vibrationally they can be the same, but the answer may take many different forms to get to the same place.

My filters are my beliefs.

I have worked on changing my belief system, consciously. It is an inside job.
I question my beliefs and why I have them. Where did I get them from - who gave them to me?

When I find the answer to that question, I can then decide if I still believe that to be true - whatever the belief is.

So, to be a clear channel is to sort through the clutter of one's mind and try to discard things that don't belong there anymore, like cleaning out your closet.

It is a very conscious thing to be doing.

When I channel, I ask that I be as clear a channel as I can be.

The information that is available on X, and the answer given from X to a specific question, I believe is the same answer if 3 channels were to ask the same question to X. It is just, my answer will vary because it is coming through my aparatus and I can only channel through mine. I think possibly that the intent of the answer will remain the same, just the words will be different.

Basically the answer comes in download form - very scientific.

I am given a ball of string in energy form, a ball of light, a ball of energy - I don't know how else to explain it. The size is not known until the answer has come through completely and the energy is no longer there. I take the end of the string and start unraveling the answer as they unwind it for me. I basically just listen for words. One word at a time. I can speed up the words or slow them down.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:45 PM
Master

"I have no idea why communicating with (quote) dearly departed would creep you out. As for 'channeling' Jesus my response would be to ask how you authenticate that identity - how do you know it's the spirit who incarnated as Jesus 2 millennia ago?"

Oh, this one I could answer in my sleep. Do I want to give the long answer or the short one? Hmmm....well, I've got some time, so I'll go for the long one.

When I was small, I was raised Catholic. When you are about six, in Catholism you get to have your first confession. So you go into the booth and wait for the priest, you tell him your sins, he gives you some Hail Mary's to do, you go to a pew at the front of the church and do your Hail Mary's and you are done.

I don't remember a lot about Church. I was set free when I was about 12ish. However I will never forget the energy of that Church. Whenever I go back - unfortunately for funerals - I still feel that energy. The energy is Love and Peace.

Anyway, I have this vivid memory of doing my Hail Mary's one day, and looking at the huge Statue of the Mother Mary while doing my Hail Mary's and feeling the love that came over me, and it felt like it came from Jesus - who was watching me from the center wall of the Church on his cross, with his head hanging low. I can't explain how I knew it was from Jesus. It was just a feeling, that we were communicating, I was receiving, he was sending me his love energy.

Many decades later, having long been out of the Church, I was struggling with drinking. I had a problem. I couldn't fix it by myself. I had tried. And I gave up. The Christians call it, Give up and Let God, or something. So I prayed. For the first time since I was a child. To Jesus. I asked him for help, because I could not help myself. It was a scary place to be. I wasn't out of control as far as I maintained my life, it was something I did in my free time, but I wanted to stop and failed. So anyway, once I asked Jesus, things occurred to me, is the only thing I can say about that. I just stopped drinking. I wasn't drawn to it anymore. I could take it or leave it. But I was sincere in my asking and wanting help and I believed he could help me. And he did, and I was.

Decades later, having forgotten all about Jesus and not being "religious" I became spiritual and started down that path. That was such a fun path. Way more fun than being religious. Religion is thinking inside the box, spirituality is thinking outside the box. And I playing in that arena for a long time, read a lot of books, went to some "seminars" to watch people I had grown to love talk about spirituality. Oh what fun. Along that path, long long story, my daughters told me they could speak with their guides and so I began asking their guides questions - short ones, like what do they think about this or that. And got short answers.

My daughters told me I could channel, that I was a channel, as well as others in my family. I didn't believe them, of course. I had never been psychic. But one day I decided I wanted to try to learn, because it looked like so much fun. So I went down that path. And oh what a fun ride that was!!!!Whee>>>>>

Until my daughter got sick. And didn't recover right away. And kept getting sicker and sicker. It was many months, and it was coming to a conclusion that I didn't want to face. I had no control over any of it, although I kept trying every day. I channeled every day, and the answers were sometimes for me or sometimes for my daughters, but the help was always there and the answers were always there, but I couldn't change anything in the physical realm and I was facing her death. I knew it, I couldn't change it. It was terrifying, and nothing I would want anyone to have to go through.

I got up some courage one day, when things were looking very bleak. I sat down and asked Jesus (I was doing automatic writing) OK, just tell me, is she going to get better? It was the hardest question I have ever asked, and one I didn't want the answer to. But I believed I could get the answer, and I had the tools to get the answer. So I asked.

Jesus's first words to me, I will never forgot. I am the Light and the Way and the Soul of your Soul." And the feeling that came with the words was Love. I felt Love, in all my cells. And he told me she would be fine.

And she was. It was a difficult road for her, but she make it through with grace and peace and she changed. Not that she wasn't always grace and peace, but she became more gentle and more kind and just was more of that.

So that is how I know it was Jesus. It is a feeling, a knowing, an energy.

I have learned many things over the years, but I think the most important thing I have learned, and I don't know why this is true.

If you don't ask, they can't help you.

Asking opens some kind of energetic doorway.......
Old 07-11-2020, 05:57 PM
Deactivated Account
I thank you - whoever you are Mrs No Name - for the effort and time you have put into answering what I asked. I now have a very good picture of what happens when you become a channel for whatever information and/or guidance flows through to, and for, you.

What you've described indeed isn't mediumship as I understand that principle because essentially the communication is for YOU. Am I right in thinking that?

In the final paragraph posting #17 you write: "I am given a ball of string in energy form, a ball of light, a ball of energy - I don't know how else to explain it. The size is not known until the answer has come through completely....."

That explanation reminds me of the explanation Julie Gale gave for the way information came from her communicator-guide, material that eventually became a book - Julie was a medium and wrote 'Soul Trek'. Her explanation was similar to yours and she said she didn't mind whether communication was seen as channeling or mediumship.

Interesting stuff and again thank you.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:24 PM
Deactivated Account
You've spent a lot of time and effort compiling all this information and it's only fair I respond to some of it.

Quote:
I'm finding it difficult to narrow down your question, because it is such a broad topic, but I don't mind trying to take a stab at it. I agree with John, because it is telepathy - for lack of a better man made word for something that is non-physical and not in the human language - it is like trying to explain what energy is to you - we are all made up of energy, but what is it to you - is a very broad question -

I am totally comfortable with the notion of telepathic communication but that's the mechanism and not what's happening.

Quote:
And I admit I am very simple when it comes to certain things - like computers - so I'll try to answer from my perspective only but I don't know how to do simple computer tricks like typing an answer under an answer, which you appear to be very good at! So this is the only way I know to do this - its called, Copy and Paste LOL.

Like many things, they may appear unfathomable when you don't know the way to do them. Quoting bits and bobs, sentences, paragraphs or whole sections is simply a matter of pasting Bulletin Board code at the beginning, and at the end of the piece.

Quote:
Channelers channel pretty much anything and everything else. When you learn to channel and you practice (and anyone can learn it because we (most of us) all come in with the same equipment) and you practice, after a while you discover you can channel whomever you like.
Quote:
me: That's an interesting claim but what evidence do you have?

Quote:
From my perspective only and from what I have learned personally or evidence in the general sense of "hard facts and evidence" type of thing - herein lies my difficulty in answering your question so I'll start with mine.
Of course I accept how it works for you but it's not reasonable to say most everyone could learn - at least not to the standard you've achieved.

Quote:
When I first learned to channel, I didn't know "who" I was channeling. And I forgot to ask. I was writing in my journal about what I was doing in my life basically, ho hum, but at the time I was trying to learn to channel. I was on a quest. It was a very fun quest. I was about two to three months into this quest. In the middle of my journal entry, I stopped and read back what I had written and realized I had not consciously written the last few sentences and while I was contemplating that, I heard the words clearly in my head - relax and breathe. So I did that, and what poured out was this beautiful channeling, several pages worth. "Who" was it from? I have no idea, but it was life changing.

That I can totally understand and accept.

Quote:
So I practiced and practiced and it got easier and easier. The words that came to me were just that - words. Words turn into sentences (for which, by the way, "they" do not bother with punctuation).
Just as with Julie Gale who I've mentioned elsewhere.

Quote:
After a while, I had the thought to ask others if they had a question, and I would try to channel the answer for them.
That was the most fun I had had in a long while.
What was surprising was the "one" who answered the question. By that time I was phrasing my question request as "from a higher guide". And I always asked who was answering.
So then you were in the realm of mediumship - providing a service for the benefit of others.

Quote:
The "ones" who were answering were most of the time always different than "who" I channeled. When I asked, "Who am I channeling" I got answers like "Light" and "Metatron" and .. I'm trying to remember - this was years ago -..."Jesus" "God" "Seth" and others.

Where is my evidence, you ask? Only in my mind. And on paper.
That's a personal thing.

Quote:
When you tap into the non-physical realm, and you learn how to ask questions, sometimes the questions are specific and sometimes I just ask if there are any messages waiting (for me or them, depending on if I am asking for myself or others).
I have specifically asked for "people" once. That was Michael Jackson. Oh that was fun.
This is where I'd start rolling my eyes....

Quote:
Because "they" are energy, and I know what my energy feels like, I know when I am feeling something that is other than my energy. The energy from the Other Side is tremendous. It feels like a warm blanket, that my cells are humming. How exactly do you explain that? Ecstay sometimes, if I could spell it.

The evidence is energy - so we are back to - how to you describe what energy feels like that is not your own. The only way to describe it is with feelings, because it is a feeling and a knowing, and there are not words to describe it in the physical realm, so it is difficult to describe. It is not physical. It took me a long time to grasp what non physical meant. That is a quest all by itself.

So if you are looking for scientific evidence, you would have to go to the quantum field, and isn't that a challenge? What is the quantum field to you is basically your question, and where is the evidence?? I guess the short answer is I don't know. That's always what my granddaughter tells me when I ask her something she can't answer. I don't know.
Looking for scientific evidence? No I'm certainly not. My specialty is communication, mediumship etc. I'm not a doubter of communication or a detractor from what comes through BUT I can, and do, ask searching questions. I've been working 'in the spooks' for three and a half decades since I learned about things you yourself aren't involved in. I don't need to be persuaded about communication and I'm not much interested in the science behind it because I don't think that science is part of our own earth sciences anyway - we just wouldn't get it, not even by bringing quantum sciences into the discussion.

Quote:
Oh, one more thing. I turn it on and off. I have learned how to do that (I hope most of the time). Sometimes I will encounter a field of negative energy and I won't know it for a few minutes - all of a sudden I feel negative, my thought patterns turn negative - and it might take a few minutes to realize and to ask myself where it came from - and, being an empath, is it mine or someone elses? As an empath, a lot of times the answer is, it is someone else's energy I am picking up on, their vibration, and because I am vibrating, if I am not careful, I will match their vibration and there goes my thoughts, because my thoughts will now match that vibration, and if it is not a very fun vibration, I get a lot of not very fun thoughts. I am learning how to determine what is mine and what is someone elses, but that is a whole other subject.
We sing from the same hymn sheet. I've lost count of the number of times I've tried to help sensitives to learn how to 'close down'. Tried to get it over that incarnates are not at the beck and call of discarnates. It's a fundamental in the teaching for wannabe mediums.