Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 16-08-2020, 01:33 PM
Newbie ;)

Question about Soul Groups

Hello all,

I have been reading Michael Newtons work on soul groups and it has made me uneasy. I am concerned to hear that we often reincarnate with the same souls and take turns being family members, lovers, friends, etc. It is weird to think that I could marry someone who was a family member in a past life and this has caused me to worry about it a lot since I have OCD.

Does anyone have any insight or reassurance to give on this? It has put me in a spiral for a week now.

Thanks in advance,
Old 14-04-2021, 01:57 AM
Newbie ;)

Well it can be pretty weird thinking about it at first. I read once about someone finding out her current father was her husband before which freaked me out [still does a little].

My grandpa was part of my mums past life, my brother was her father in law and I was her mother and we are in the same soul group so yes I feel we do play important roles for each other perhaps as way to help each other on our path.

It helps to see our lives like a play or a game where the characters we play as aren't really us in essence, just costumes, aspects, stories for the reason of experience and learning.

I wouldn't think there would be differential labels as a spirit being, just oneness. of course this is my own perception.
Old 14-04-2021, 02:36 AM
Master
Not sure why this could be a problem?
Old 14-04-2021, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneWolf
It helps to see our lives like a play or a game where the characters we play as aren't really us in essence, just costumes, aspects, stories for the reason of experience and learning.

This seems to sum it up. We are all actors, playing different roles in a succession of dramas. In an acting company, two actors may play brother and sister in one play, and then the following month they play the roles of husband and wife. They know that these are just temporary roles.

So it is with consciousness expressing through a succession of personalities, interacting with other consciousnesses expressing through different personalities. The Soul group connection provides a bond between these consciousnesses.

It will not be Redwonder, the personality, who marries a family member in another life. It will be a completely different personality, and the Consciousness currently expressing through Redwonder will learn new lessons from this new arrangement.

Peace
Old 15-04-2021, 06:51 PM
asearcher

when i first learn about it i reacted too. could help to think that it is a relative, to use an example if i know someone was from my past life my mother and she is in this life my child then you can think of it as the old past life identity was/is the child's grandmother or greatgrandmother or something like it.

my biggest shock was when it went from lover to family member, but having gone through past life discoveries it is now something normal to me.

You will calm down about it in time, you just have to adjust =)
Old 17-04-2021, 07:42 AM
AbodhiSky

don't forget souls don't have a sex either, so you can be a wife in one life then a husband in the next.
Old 17-04-2021, 09:48 AM
Master
Yes, still they have a preference of expression.
Old 17-04-2021, 01:13 PM
Legrand

It is interesting to observe that soul groups or lineages where not mixing together before in history thus creating wars on this plane. To me soul groups or lineages are mixing together now more than ever on this plane. Will see what all this merging will create in the future...
Old 20-06-2021, 08:38 PM
Experiencer

does anyone know the purpose of sticking with the same souls in one's soul group? does a soul from the group play a specific purpose for another member's advancement in the spirit realm?
Old 20-06-2021, 11:54 PM
Master
the simple answer to that is: affinity