Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 19-09-2015, 02:49 AM
4everLove

dating a logical minded person

I, like anyone, will use logic, but I am also very spiritual in the sense that I trust a lot of things and go with the vibes I feel without needing a logical explanation for the way I feel. I just feel. Anyways, I am dating someone that I truly truly truly care for and really love (we haven't used the "L" word yet haha too early). But I know we have a soul connection. I felt it when we met. We both did. He helps keep me stay grounded since I can be a bit spacey or floaty at times. I do energy work and he asks me about it and other things in that topic. He is very practical and he always smiles when I talk about it because it sounds funny to him. He is just very logical with things. He still supports me though! But how do you speak your truth on the subject if the other person doesn't really "believe" it so much? I want to speak more in "his" language so maybe he will understand it in logical terms more haha. He is pretty intelligent. How can I speak it while sneaking my spiritual side in there?
Old 19-09-2015, 03:39 AM
Seeker
I don't think it's about sneaking in your spiritual side - but finding the things that connect you and finding things to discuss that open up hidden parts of the self. I'm dating someone who isn't as spiritual as me... and over time he has opened up about his predictive intuition - something that he didn't feel he could share with other even more logic-minded people.

Be honest - specifically about how all this makes you feel. Let him ask questions - and try and ask more questions of your own :)
Old 19-09-2015, 08:29 AM
Deactivated Account

Patience.

Try to be down to earth. There's that known understanding but I can't even imagine how one would put it into words. I certainly don't have them.
Old 20-09-2015, 07:21 AM
Lorelyen

Just be yourself. Shaping toward each other takes a bit of time. It won't happen over night. But if it works out it could be a great long-term prospect. It takes a lifetime to "get to know" someone because as the interaction develops people change in subtle ways toward each other, so it's a continual process of subtle renewal. Hopefully you grow toward each other.

Old 20-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everLove
I, like anyone, will use logic, but I am also very spiritual in the sense that I trust a lot of things and go with the vibes I feel without needing a logical explanation for the way I feel. I just feel. Anyways, I am dating someone that I truly truly truly care for and really love (we haven't used the "L" word yet haha too early). But I know we have a soul connection. I felt it when we met. We both did. He helps keep me stay grounded since I can be a bit spacey or floaty at times. I do energy work and he asks me about it and other things in that topic. He is very practical and he always smiles when I talk about it because it sounds funny to him. He is just very logical with things. He still supports me though! But how do you speak your truth on the subject if the other person doesn't really "believe" it so much? I want to speak more in "his" language so maybe he will understand it in logical terms more haha. He is pretty intelligent. How can I speak it while sneaking my spiritual side in there?

Why didn't you ask this directly to him?

About feelings, a person can be blindly following his/her feelings like "I want to smoke because I'm feeling so". And this person can be logical about it by saying that "I know smoking is harmful but I'm just not able to discipline myself". A person can follow his/her intuition and give a logical reason that "I've observed in my past that following my intuition has been beneficial for me" or "..not following my intuition has been harmful to me".

If someone wants me to believe that "energy work" is effective then s/he can give me proofs of its effectiveness. The person's experience can also count as proof, but it's up to me whether to trust the person. Like I've met many people online who claim that they can hear God / angels, then I ask them like what's the number I've written (so that they can ask God/angels and tell me the answer). IMO energy work can be effective as a placebo effect. If you're able to make it more effective than that then you can try beating psychic challenges: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=87452 . If you aren't able to then maybe you had been deceiving yourself and your patients. You may want to continue deceiving them just for the placebo effect.

Maybe you can try becoming more logical. IMO, being logical is about self-discipline.
Old 21-09-2015, 06:42 AM
Master
Hi 4everlove,
My thoughts on this are that you cant really make someone connect with something that isn't there truth through experience, if they show interest, if they are willing to listen to you despite and inspite of there own regards towards a topic, that shows in itself an open mind and a respect for you and your feelings and belief systems, id say personally that is more than enough, there are many who would simply disregard or ignore, so it shows he has respect for you and all you are.
I always think it is not our job to prove anything to anyone, but to just be able to express ourself in a free and caring environment, answer questions if they ask them, share our experiences as we do in all relationships and let him create his own ideas on this.

I have a dear friend whom I love immensely, but they are very much in a process of trying to persuade me on the concept of reincarnation, one I have researched massively and at my current state in time, still have no belief in, trying to explain to this person I respect there view point, love listening to their views but am not swayed by it, from mine, can sometimes cause a little imbalance for them, and a little bit uncomfortable for me!
People get where they need to be, it is not our decision to make to shape them or their lives. Just to express our feelings and allow them the information, to discern as they will.
I don't know about anyone else but I do know that for me, telling me something is true in spiritual natures left me open to imagining rather than experiencing.
I think its great he loves you enough to accept all you are, wether it is his interest or not, and if it grows for him and he wishes to look deeper, what greater partner to have than you, but if he doesn't, then allow him that space to feel what he wishes to, as he has you.

Sometimes using analogys can help his understanding of your experiences better, but all in all it sounds like a very balanced and mature relationship, where freedom of each other is to be admired :) Im sure each of our days come, often through human experience, where we may choose to explore things more, its a natural process. my advice would be to let it be what it is :)

That's just my thoughts :) im sure however you decide to approach this will be exactly right for this time :)

I love logical minded people, I love sceptics to, I love to be challenged because it makes me look deeper, understand more and gives me an opportunity to seek in myself, any parts which could be strengthened or re-evaluated, time and time again!

I wish you both the most loving and beautiful of relationships, where each can be as they are and know, you are safe in each others hearts.

Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 21-09-2015, 02:08 PM
4everLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Why didn't you ask this directly to him?

About feelings, a person can be blindly following his/her feelings like "I want to smoke because I'm feeling so". And this person can be logical about it by saying that "I know smoking is harmful but I'm just not able to discipline myself". A person can follow his/her intuition and give a logical reason that "I've observed in my past that following my intuition has been beneficial for me" or "..not following my intuition has been harmful to me".

If someone wants me to believe that "energy work" is effective then s/he can give me proofs of its effectiveness. The person's experience can also count as proof, but it's up to me whether to trust the person. Like I've met many people online who claim that they can hear God / angels, then I ask them like what's the number I've written (so that they can ask God/angels and tell me the answer). IMO energy work can be effective as a placebo effect. If you're able to make it more effective than that then you can try beating psychic challenges: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=87452 . If you aren't able to then maybe you had been deceiving yourself and your patients. You may want to continue deceiving them just for the placebo effect.

Maybe you can try becoming more logical. IMO, being logical is about self-discipline.

I see what you mean. Thank you for your response. I am aiming a little bit more at voicing my truth when he analyzes it a lot and wants more "logical" explanations. I really do believe he is intuitive, and yes it is a good point that he says things in a different way. So thank you.

Energy work can be a placebo effect for people. If it helps them whether it is in their mind or if it really is good energy, than that is great as long as it makes them feel better. I don't deceive my clients though. I don't tell them it will work, it will heal, or it will cure. I tell them it can help if they would like me to do it, which I do as voluntary service. I don't need to be psychic to do it. Yes, I use intuition, but I don't need to pass psychic tests in order to not deceive someone in reiki. Deceiving is telling them you can heal or cure them from their problems, etc., which is actually up to them to want to do that. Sending love to someone is all I like to do. Anyone can do it.
Old 21-09-2015, 02:14 PM
4everLove

Thank you everyone for your responses. I think the hardest part for me in my relationship has been to fully embrace my truth. I've been hiding a lot of my spiritual side for being accepted, even though I know he excepts me. It's hard for me to explain a lot of my truths, such as my belief in energy work and angels, etc. because he seems to ask questions for evidence or on how exactly it works. I try to explain, but I think he is looking for more scientifically based answers, which I don't always have. I don't always have answers, I just have feelings on things or things I can't explain. I can't fully explain energy healing, I just know how it makes me feel and how it makes certain individuals feel based on what they tell me. Haha but we balance each other out and I am learning to just open up. I need to open up without always having an answer to my beliefs I guess. Love to y'all
Old 22-09-2015, 12:36 AM
Ascender
In this post, I will basically just repeat, in my words, what you've already said:

Yesterday I was wondering that how does speed regulator of fan work. I haven't stopped using it unless I find out that how does it work. I've seen it working and so I'm using it. This is having proof without knowing how the thing is working. If you don't know how something is working you can just say "I don't know". I hate it when anyone gives illogical explanations of metaphysical phenomena (I'm not saying that you do).

You're talking as if you can't afford to be completely honest with him. You may sound more logical in front of him if you provide all the honest details. For example, consider a person who has to go somewhere but don't want to tell people the actual reason of going there so he may make up a reason and when questioned further he may give more false details. Now this person may be very logical but because of his secrecy he may appear illogical to others. I'm not saying that you're giving him any false details, but I think you may sound more logical in front of him if you be straightforward with him. I'm not saying that you should do this, I don't see anything wrong/right about it, it's your choice, your personality (I think one should follow her/his personality).
Old 22-09-2015, 02:25 AM
Guide
@4everLove

It requires self-discipline and love. I say love because if you don't care about the other person enough to go through the vast amount of effort necessary to make that connection and relate to them on their level you won't.

One technique I commonly use if I want to tell someone about an energetic experience I had, is I tell the person about it as if it was a dream. Usually I try to avoid archetypes like angels and gods, and instead convey the minute details without using the labels. If I wish to broach the subject of fractality or universal self similarity... I discuss computer generated environments and how they use fractal algorithms. (Basically some geek talk). If I wish to discuss issues of the mind and spirit, I use biology, history, and the evolution of ideas and survival strategies of creatures and people and how those things come out in modern times.

Basically, just understand what you want to convey, the nature of the person you want to convey it to, and tailor it to that person and their interests.