Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 12-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Master
Nice, incisive post as always, 7L I particularly liked this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Instead, to break the cycle of fear and the need to dominate and control women, men need to think of women first and foremost as people and as friends...would you use your friend? Do you have to dominate and control your dearest friends and fam at all times? Would you as a man try to give as little as possible and just take what you want? Would you press your advantage to try to control and structure their lives to suit you, regardless of their needs or who they were?

That's not how you treat your beloved friends, or your beloved family. And that's not how men should still be looking to treat women in the 21st century. But we're largely not there yet. We're in a transition phase and men are still looking for ways to press their advantage or exchange their position for what they want without having to give an iota more than they care to do. Many men are still looking at women sexually most of the time, without rising to their centres where they can meet all others, including women, as people and as beloved friends first and foremost. Thus honouring the women with whom they do partner with an authentically loving and committed partnership -- within which sexual intimacy is welcome.
That tallies with my own experience, all the women I've truly loved have been my best friends, first and foremost. Maybe it's my age, but a purely physical relationship doesn't appeal to me any more, it would just feel very hollow.

I also liked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
It's all inside...it all starts in the heart...and it all ends with how we approach and treat one another. Be love now, and love is wherever you are. Including day-to-day, on the ground. Those are my thoughts.
I can't add a whole lot to that, it really is what it boils down to for me, at the end of the day
Old 20-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Master
Thanks very much HB and back atcha
Glad you enjoyed. And as always it's heartwarming to see your agreement

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 20-03-2017, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
My mother in law worked in the legal spectrum of immigration. Not only are mail brides are very much prevalent, but the international business of marriage. Its not just a woman thing, single men in underdeveloped countries are also known to pay up to 10 thousand + dollars to an American woman for a marriage arrangement. As soon as they come to the US and assimilate, they immediately go through the divorce process. These marriages including the 'mail brides' really all is in part of attaining the American dream. A lot of these women overseas are living in poverty and complete destitute and are desperate to escape their circumstances. Every day people die in the US borders from Mexico to attain a better life, some get eaten by alligators, become drug mules, tortured by gangs, die in the dessert crossing, being a mail bride is another option imo. These women are probably more fortunate because they are selling their pretty face online

Latin America is a popular avenue for mail brides, and I often question what is the motive in mind for these American men who are paying up? To attain the stero typical 'submissive' exotic woman? What price do these women have to pay once they are purchased? While yes it is a two way street, many of these women aren't financially sufficient or stable so they are on the weaker end to be taken advantage of and even abused, so is it really a fair advtanage? I can imagine it is soul destructive if it doesn't come from a genuine and authentic place.
Just my opinion based on the matter

Clover, Agreed...and thanks for sharing about what your ex's mum has seen firsthand!

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke