Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 14-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Caityaka

Dream within a dream - is it Lucid Dreaming?

Once this happened to me when I had a nightmare; at a point in the nightmare I wake up - only to realize and find myself still in another dream!
I could not control it and felt devastated to the fact that I was still in a dream after waking up from my nightmare(1st dream), but not waking up to the "real life" and I felt captured inside "dreamland" and it felt very angst-like. Is this called Lucid Dreaming too, to have dreams within dreams and being aware of it, though not able to take control?

PS: Watching the movie Inception sure made me think of my nightmare episode again and be more aware of that. But, usually I don't dream at all, atleast I mostly can't remember.

Be peaceful... /C
Old 15-04-2011, 05:15 AM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caityaka
Once this happened to me when I had a nightmare; at a point in the nightmare I wake up - only to realize and find myself still in another dream!
I could not control it and felt devastated to the fact that I was still in a dream after waking up from my nightmare(1st dream), but not waking up to the "real life" and I felt captured inside "dreamland" and it felt very angst-like. Is this called Lucid Dreaming too, to have dreams within dreams and being aware of it, though not able to take control?

PS: Watching the movie Inception sure made me think of my nightmare episode again and be more aware of that. But, usually I don't dream at all, atleast I mostly can't remember.

Be peaceful... /C

Caityaka, hello. Yes, there is often some degree of lucidity with what are called "false awakenings," often in connection with nightmares. They are a type of "astral projection" experience, a projection of consciousness. Even waking up from sleep into the "real world" is another type of false awakening, for physical reality is also a projection of the mind/consciousness which people can become awake to ("enlightened"). Humans just wake up from one dream into another, thinking they are "awake," when we are really Spirit having a human experience. Inception! Awesome. Blessings.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Caityaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
Caityaka, hello. Yes, there is often some degree of lucidity with what are called "false awakenings," often in connection with nightmares. They are a type of "astral projection" experience, a projection of consciousness. Even waking up from sleep into the "real world" is another type of false awakening, for physical reality is also a projection of the mind/consciousness which people can become awake to ("enlightened"). Humans just wake up from one dream into another, thinking they are "awake," when we are really Spirit having a human experience. Inception! Awesome. Blessings.

Hi, Simon Karlos! Glad to meet you and hear your reply.
Thank you for sharing this, I never knew of this term "false awakening". It's interesting. :-)

In love...
/C
Old 15-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caityaka
Hi, Simon Karlos! Glad to meet you and hear your reply.
Thank you for sharing this, I never knew of this term "false awakening". It's interesting. :-)

In love...
/C

Cool deal. Pleased to meet you as well, my friend. Welcome.
Old 21-06-2011, 09:49 PM
WhiteHorse55

Hello

Caityaka -
Yes I have experienced this once - where i saw myself in the dream when I was dreaming in it too..then slowly it dawned upon the me in my dream that something is different and it cascaded outside the dream to the real me - n when i came to know about this ripple effect i was startled and it woke me up.

WH55
Old 21-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Vladimiru

It would only be lucid dreaming if you recognized that you were dreaming within a dream. Lucid dreaming is the recognition that you are dreaming and that what you are experiencing is simply a dream. Often it can then be manipulated. If you realized that both things were dreams, then it was lucid dreaming. I hope this makes sense...
Old 21-06-2011, 11:28 PM
WhiteHorse55

Hello

Vladimiru -
yes thats right - only that the realization came to me in the dream first and then the real me - so there as a ripple outward - - it was funny but wud like to have more of these
Old 21-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Vladimiru

My first experience lucid dreaming was long before I knew what it was or had ever heard of the term. I was five, but I wasn't restricted with movies--so I had recently seen the Nightmare on Elm Street movie. I dreamed about Freddie chasing my mother and I, trying to kill us. Then I stopped and said "Wait a minute. This is just a dream. I don't enjoy it, so I'm going to wake up now." And so I woke up. It wasn't much later that I would realize that I was in a dream and decide to change things rather than wake up. I didn't really have full control, but I was able to manipulate quite a lot. So far as an adult, I have only had one or two occasions where I realized I was dreaming within the dream--but I haven't been able to change things or create something different.
Old 27-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Deactivated Account

I have these false awakening alot. After a time i began to become lucid within a few second after I was 'there'.

For me, the palce feels hyper real and I know I am there straight away. Usually, as soon as I realise the nightmare begins.

I learnt to just force my eyes open to wak me up so I didnt have to go through it.