Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 21-06-2021, 07:14 AM
Master
Fine. But never tell me you haven't been warned.
I've had discussions with vegans online and offline. I use to think like you but I've woken up.

Anyway, back to diet. You aren't a vegan, but an egg and fish eater.
So you get amounts of cholesterol, good protein, and good vitamins from fish.
Old 22-06-2021, 01:18 PM
Guide
Ugh! Double post!
Old 22-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Guide
One of my favorite things about Mahatma Gandhi is that he struggled with his diet. We all do! The book “Gandhi’s Search for the Perfect Diet” shows just how much Gandhi struggled. It explains why it was important to him, but it’s also a reminder that we’re all human and startlingly imperfect.

We’re imperfect by design, even when struggle to except it. It’s especially apparent when we strive for perfection. Everything is divine. You don’t have to feel guilty for being human (in this way anyway).
Old 03-07-2021, 04:20 PM
Experiencer

I think people need to realize that no matter what we do...life feeds on life in order to survive...and there are so many people that no matter what we do, we have an impact.

Take for instance the folks who drink almond milk hoping to help the environment. Sure, they're not contributing to dairy farming, but...they are consuming a product, most of which is grown in an area that hardly receives any rain...so water in large quantities must be diverted there while everyone tries not to burn down with the forest fires in the Summer.

So...what have they really accomplished with that?

And everything is pretty much the same. Even if you figured humans out of the equation...everything alive has to survive by eating something else that is alive.

That is the nature of nature.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:30 PM
Master
Dairy farming, if organic, is great in cultured / semi-natural landscapes. I know multiple organic farmers and have seen their farms and land: Organic dairy farming is great. Also works in sync with protecting grassland birds.

Veganism isn’t the answer for the environment nor most people’s health. Organic dairy, eggs and chicken are good balanced (and protein and healthy fat) food options, all things (health, environment) put together.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:34 PM
Experiencer

The point I'm making is that maybe there isn't an answer for the environment, and maybe there is no way to make nature congenial.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:57 PM
Master
I'm back on it full time despite falling off the wagon a bit myself.

I'm feeling so much more energized. But I am somewhat of a believer in the bloodtype system that Japan uses. It's mostly considered psuedoscience but it seems to apply to me.

Mostly fruits and vegetables and lean meats like fowl. I eat a fair amount of raw vegan food and some cooked vegan stuff and its pretty good.

Occasionally I'll snack on an unfrosted strawberry poptart (tech vegan) and arby's curly fries (also tech vegan) but otherwise, pretty healthy vegan.

I avoid processed foods 95% of the time.

The key for me to staying on it was finding a reason to do so that admittedly, benefited myself. Yes I am happy I am not supporting a cruel animal farming system, but when I work out I have so much more energy than when I don't. It's pretty interesting.
Old 18-11-2021, 03:27 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalShaman
but i can't help but feel so guilt for all the animal products i used and ate over the last 2 years.

No reason for guilt. Many people have not even willfully gone a single day without meat on their plate.
Old 21-11-2021, 03:09 AM
Guide

Everyone is different as you can see....

I don't do well with oil. Oils give me terrible skin. I did raw veganism for a time as well. You could say I was 9/5/5 - it helped in some area's, being all raw completely took away anxiety & depression. But even steamed veg brought these back. Mainly fruit, caused some major issue's. When I came back into cooked those issue's reversed, and I still eat a lot of fruit, will even eat it as a meal, but not all meals, and not every day.

Try to show yourself kindness, if you were in a place you weren't able to eat what you needed for yourself, well you chose to survive the best you could. I've only seen the crazy Vegans say they'd starve themselves, but who knows if they would, I mean but you could really beat yourself up here...if someone was a true Vegan in my eyes, they wouldn't live in a city, in home that likely took over an animals home, they wouldn't drive a vehicle, or use man made products.

I eat some fish occasionally in a year. I just started eating eggs again this year.

For me eating tons of veggies, different colors, getting in my green veg really makes my hair and nails grow. Water def has a nice impact, but I still struggle to drink it daily.

Sprouts, Nuts, seeds, are great but I have an issue with getting enough in. Greens are a staple. Vegan Yogurt. Kefir. Pickled veg. I like those.

I stay away from soy. I eat my healthy fats, but not in an oil. I have kidney issue's so I have to be careful with salt & high sodium in my diet.

I also cannot have grains, gluten, and I have to be careful with legumes. I have tried soaking, sprouting, and cooking them from scratch, and I've used seaweed but I still can barely stomach them. So when it comes down to only Veg, basically....I started implementing other. I supplement.

If it isn't working, try something else. Keep trying. I don't cook meats because I don't like the way they smell, or their texture, or the fact that you know I had to kill it, or it was killed for me. When I can afford to eat better, I do, and usually can nix eggs & fish.

Again, if you don't feel good eating it, don't.