Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 19-06-2021, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Still Waters,

I can see it either way…..the future connotation might bother some because they will assert that God is unchanging…I can accept the ‘I will be’ as meaning God can reveal more of himself at any time…..I.e. what He reveals was always there and the revelation only has the appearance of a change that has occurred….. I am what I am is true for the moment of declaration but tomorrow could be different(as layers disappear that obscure your true Self)….

I too can see it either way as well but, in the realm of inadequate words, I have preferred the "I am ... that ... I AM" translation in past meditations.

However, as I'm sure you are aware, one eventually goes beyond words and hence this discussion becomes moot at some point.
Old 20-06-2021, 02:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
What is this consciousness in me looking out of my eyes?
When I close my eyes It is still there -aware, observing, present.
I still have thoughts - Who is thinking these thoughts ---
Who is aware of these thoughts?"
And so forth.

I have been doing this for ten years now after giving up my career and retiring early to give this full attention without distraction. Talk to me, Miss Hepburn. What is this consciousness?
Old 21-06-2021, 03:28 PM
Experiencer
The word "will" does not alway imply the future tense. It also carries intention, especially when used with the verb to be.

This is old english because we don't use this form anymore.
Old 22-06-2021, 01:10 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I too can see it either way as well but, in the realm of inadequate words, I have preferred the "I am ... that ... I AM" translation in past meditations.
The issue is that Hebrew, neither biblical nor modern, has a word for the present tense of "to be". There are no Hebrew words for "am", "is", "are". "Ehyeh" is the first person future tense of "to be".

Last edited by RabbiO : 22-06-2021 at 02:51 AM.
Old 22-06-2021, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
The issue is that Hebrew, neither biblical nor modern, has a word for the present tense of "to be". There are no Hebrew words for "am", "is", "are". "Ehyeh" is the first person future tense of "to be".

I had heard that in the past, but obviously had forgotten that. It's a very interesting aspect of the Hebrew language.

I once spoke to a woman who taught ESL (English as a Secondary Language) and she said that teaching English to the Hopi Indians was one of her most difficult ESL teaching assignments. She indicated that it was NOT a question of intelligence. It's just that the Hopi's language is such that something is either here-and-now or NOT-here-and-now. They were stunned by all the tenses in the English language and were in disbelief that people actually think that way. LOL

Thanks for your comment. It does emphasize some of the communication issues that can easily arise with language.
Old 22-06-2021, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
I have been doing this for ten years now after giving up my career and retiring early to give
this full attention without distraction. Talk to me, Miss Hepburn. What is this consciousness?
I'm sorry I never saw this question!!!
What is that consciousness looking out of our eyes?
I think that is beyond my pay grade.
Each person would have to discern that for themselves.
It's a 'different experience' when you click into a 'zone'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-06-2021, 06:48 PM
MAYA EL

You can think Guy Ballard for making the "I am" a popular perspective