Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 26-03-2017, 11:30 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

feng shui

Hi, I had another post about various things which could influence my small business, and the fact that sales are not the way I need.
I picked up a feng shui book at the op shop and yes my entrance area is a mess and I am cleaning it up right now! I got three small orders already and I had a very good market in the past after cleaning up. (the entrance area is the career area)
It is funny that just before picking up that book, I had a very strong feeling that this is something which is hindering for my business. I find it quite interesting.
Does anyone have experience in feng shui? Does it has its roots in Taoism at all? Does it work? Did someone else had a similar experience?
Old 28-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreidebrei
Hi, I had another post about various things which could influence my small business, and the fact that sales are not the way I need.
I picked up a feng shui book at the op shop and yes my entrance area is a mess and I am cleaning it up right now! I got three small orders already and I had a very good market in the past after cleaning up. (the entrance area is the career area)
It is funny that just before picking up that book, I had a very strong feeling that this is something which is hindering for my business. I find it quite interesting.
Does anyone have experience in feng shui? Does it has its roots in Taoism at all? Does it work? Did someone else had a similar experience?

Hello kreidebrei - I have grown to include feng shui practices in many aspects of my life/home set up. It stands to reason that the front entrance of any home or business needs to be without clutter and welcoming as it's the first area that a guest or customer sees. Equally so, keeping the all areas clear of clutter is imperative to uncluttering ones life in general. I try to keep vigilant over allowing anything to accumulate and clutter my home that, to me, quickly becomes an eye sore and disrupts my clarity in thinking/feeling while in this space.

A family member's home is jam packed with figurines, collectibles and basic clutter throughout her home. She tries to decorate my home by giving me things that don't resonate with me and/or I just don't want to have sitting out or on my walls because it simply clutters my space. I have very nicely asked her to stop spending her money on these gifts for me, that ultimately end up in the closet or given to Goodwill. That sounds cold-hearted, but it's my goal via feng shui principles to only have things out minimally that speak to me and fit in with the surrounding space.

Best of luck to you with your business! Reading about feng shui, IMO, can only aid a person in restoring order.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:54 AM
Master
Hi.

I have a mix of Buddhist, Shamanic, and some Christian beliefs and I find feng shui to be a very helpful tool used in my own space.

I have not used it very long only a few years and am getting used to it, but still very much enjoy the feelings of a clear space.

Congrats to you the thread poster on using feng shui as a viable and vital tool and considering it in use with your business. Wishing many blessings to you and that because of this use of feng shui that your business prospers.

Doorways and entrances are very important to keep clear and free so the energy can flow freely and without blockage. So this is a good start to work on clearing the energy in your workspace.

BlackRaven- I do not feel to not accept certain objects in one's space to be cold-hearted at all, though the individual may think so. Personally I do keep figurines on some of my table-tops but they are one's that I love very much and were gifts from others. One's I resonate with. So as long as you are surrounded with what you love- it is good energy. I see nothing wrong with giving certain objects away, or keeping them put away in a closet for the time. I have figurines put away- I still love them- but their energy is not right for my space at this time. You have a choice in what you have or keep around you, and how you have your space. So as I see it, you are doing nothing wrong, with giving certain items away or keeping them out of sight.

Just a few of my own thoughts on feng shui and how it has affected my space for the better.

-Take care.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
BlackRaven- I do not feel to not accept certain objects in one's space to be cold-hearted at all, though the individual may think so. Personally I do keep figurines on some of my table-tops but they are one's that I love very much and were gifts from others. One's I resonate with. So as long as you are surrounded with what you love- it is good energy. I see nothing wrong with giving certain objects away, or keeping them put away in a closet for the time. I have figurines put away- I still love them- but their energy is not right for my space at this time. You have a choice in what you have or keep around you, and how you have your space. So as I see it, you are doing nothing wrong, with giving certain items away or keeping them out of sight.

Thanks for those kind and supportive words, SaturninePluto. I suppose I feel guilty when a relative feels they have bought something very special just for me, and it just doesn't speak to me or fit in with my environment. I too do have a few figurines (angels) that my mother, son and daughter-in-law each gave me. They are special and I have them in my kitchen on shelves. I do try to keep such objects though to a limit (just a few) as too many clutter my space.

I didn't tell the relative that gives me too many things that I keep them in a closet or give them away. That would be cold-hearted, but in asking her to not spend her money on me anymore I think I've made my point with her as she's stopped. She did admit during that conversation that she has a compulsive spending problem and that when she sees something that makes her think of me, she can't help herself. Sometimes one just has to come clean with others and speak the truth. It wouldn't be fair to her if I knowingly knew she was wasting money on things that I don't use, while believing she's making me happy with such gifts. I think in asking her not to spend money on me, it essentially let her off the hook of feeling obligated to give gifts to me or attempt to decorate my home. All is solved now and no hard feelings came about from the conversation, at least that's my take on it. Thanks for your input.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:24 PM
Ascender
Quote:
at one point I had several feng shui books -- I am definitely glad I had more than one book on the subject ---- I have had to get rid of all the books and hope to be able to replace them some day - I wish this forum had a whole section devoted to feng shui
Old 12-07-2020, 01:48 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:

Feng shui is just working with positive energies thats all. No big secret. Amen
Old 13-07-2020, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:

I live in the desert.

Feng Shui desert is in many ways different then regular Feng Shui.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-07-2020, 12:35 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I live in the desert.

Feng Shui desert is in many ways different then regular Feng Shui.

I was wondering about that - because I was listening to one feng shui teacher on audiobook and he was making the desert sound like a bad place to be -- but I don't want to be anywhere else because of the weather

I like the desert - I am supposed to be in the desert -

Last edited by Hologram8 : 13-07-2020 at 01:41 PM.
Old 14-07-2020, 07:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
I was wondering about that - because I was listening to one feng shui teacher on audiobook and he was making the desert sound like a bad place to be -- but I don't want to be anywhere else because of the weather

I like the desert - I am supposed to be in the desert -

For those who never enjoyed the beauty of the desert, the desert, in many cases is the last place they want to be.

That is okay. More space for 'us'.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-06-2021, 01:25 AM
Ascender
Good Feng Shui youtube channel

Picture Healer