Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 23-01-2021, 05:04 PM
Knower

Our Higher Self Separate From Our Guardian Angel

I was just reading this morning in David Allen Hulse, "New Dimensions for the Cube of Space," Samuel Weiser, 2000: 14-15, where he discusses the Higher Self of each of us, and the Guardian Angel we have. A most stimulating view! Allow me to just briefly discuss this.

Leonora Leet in her magisterial text "The Secret Doctrine of the Kabbalah," Inner Traditions, 1999: Chapter 2, has demonstrated in such a tremendous way the doctrine of the Divine Son in Mystical Judaism, which traces all the way back to Ezekiel's vision of the Throne of God, the Son of Man, and Enoch's visions in the books of Enoch, and the Son of Man there, and Daniel's visions of the Son of Man, that the theme which runs like a scarlet thread through the centuries of Jewish mysticism (and definitely adapted later by the Christian mystics and Cabalists) is the key theme to the Kabbalah. The idea is deeply profound! The earthly man (Ezekiel, Daniel, Enoch, the various rabbi's through time, the Christian mystics, and yes us) is our own higher self which we meet.

Hulse erroneously, in my opinion, claims this idea was only developed by 18th and 19th century Theosophy, apparently unaware of Leet, and a host of other scholars works, that the Higher Self is our very own selves. However, his exposition, his explanation of the relationship of the Higher Self with our Guardian Angel makes perfect sense in light of the dynamics of Judaic and Christian mysticism through the ages.

The Guardian Angel is there for us to eventually, as we progress in our own spirituality, to assist us to getting to know our own Higher Self, which is (and this is critically important) THE MAN SITTING ON THE THRONE in all the mystics journeys and visions to the Heavenly Palace. Our own Higher Self is the entire point of all the ancient visions and ascensions to heaven of all the prophets, sages, mystics, and spiritual people.

In the Tarot Cards, the card Temperance is the Holy Guardian Angel, while the Fool is our own Higher Self. (Hulse, p. 14). The Higher Self is "your essential self stripped of the mask of your present personality (known as our lower selves). The Guardian Angel is to help us see our Higher Selves, a divine being (not necessarily even embodied) that leads us to grasp and know what our real Self is." (Hulse, p.15) Our Higher Self is our essential essence, while our Guardian Angel is another being who will do all it can to help us grasp this truth.

The ascension by whatever means one uses, whether of prayer, Tarot Cards (there IS an ascension to be learned in their use), scripture study, etc., is real, as the Sefer Yetzirah of Hebrew Mystic instruction describes, and does and can happen, and our visitations of another being (Guardian Angel) can occur, and probably will. Realizing this is in line with the other ancient incredible descriptions of others' ascents is spine tingling!

Best to all of us in our ascents in our climbs to greater spirituality,
The Scholarly Tarot
Old 23-01-2021, 06:53 PM
Master

From all the beings I ever met in my spiritual experiences, of one I am sure, one is greater than all, one is the closest I ever got to the Creator, my Higher Self, my true Self, the Atman in the hindu tradition or the Spirit as it is known in the christian tradition. I called this "being", the inner Sun, it looked like a "ball" of golden-white light and this light was radiating from itself and it was the Light. I was in complete bliss, nothing compares here with being in the presence of your Higher Self, nothing. I have no words to even try describe how amazing it is to be in the presence of this majestic Light.

This is how it looked like: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=135979
Old 23-01-2021, 07:04 PM
Knower

That's awesome. I have never had the experience. Not yet anyway.
Old 23-01-2021, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
a "ball" of golden-white light and this light was radiating from itself and it was the Light. I was in complete bliss, nothing compares here with being in the presence of your Higher Self, nothing. I have no words to even try describe how amazing it is to be in the presence of this majestic Light.

This is how it looked like: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=135979
Hahahahahaha, lol with recognition ...
Yup! Divine Light - yup!!!!
Wait till you see the Thousand Petaled Lotus Flower!!
Hahahahahahlol from joy.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-01-2021, 08:06 PM
Lorelyen

Interesting. The Tarot Majors can be used to "ascend" or perhaps criss-cross the 22 paths to discover the Self or God within on the Tree (taking care not to fall down Da'ath!).

You mention Ezekiel. In the first chapter he describes the kerubic creatures - mystical indeed. Perhaps worth mentioning for others, (you'll know this already) they appear on card 21 XXI, the World.

The prophecies / prophets you mention are interesting indeed, laden with mystical symbolism.
Old 23-01-2021, 09:01 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Interesting. The Tarot Majors can be used to "ascend" or perhaps criss-cross the 22 paths to discover the Self or God within on the Tree (taking care not to fall down Da'ath!).

You mention Ezekiel. In the first chapter he describes the kerubic creatures - mystical indeed. Perhaps worth mentioning for others, (you'll know this already) they appear on card 21 XXI, the World.

The prophecies / prophets you mention are interesting indeed, laden with mystical symbolism.

Yes they do appear in card 21! Thank you for bringing that out as well. If memory serves me, they also appear in the Book of Revelation at the end of the New Testament, so they have been extended into the Christian Cabalah by the later mystics in the Middle Ages. They tie in the biblical mystics with their symbolism deliberately put into the Tarot, which I suggest are bringing as much of the ancient mystic ideas, insights, and themes into the cards as pictorially possible. I like to see the Tarot Cards as "The Great Summing Up." They are laden with biblical, alchemical, Rosicrucian, Qabalistic, and all sorts of symbols, many quite subtly. It is the joy of gazing on them and finding the connections.

On the ascension motif, I had Roberts "Tarot Revelations" in mind, the book he co-authored with the mythologist Joseph Campbell. Roberts key layout of the cards and his explanation is one of the coolest I have ever seen. Well worth the money to get if you don't have it. He brings in Hermeticism as well as Gnosticism. Truly tremendous effort on his part.

So much to share, so little time......sigh.....LOL!
Old 24-01-2021, 12:04 AM
Master

The HS and the so called GA are the same.
Old 24-01-2021, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
The HS and the so called GA are the same.
May I ask politely how you know this?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-01-2021, 12:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholarly Tarot
That's awesome. I have never had the experience. Not yet anyway.

It just happened to me, nothing that I could do to make it happen.
Old 24-01-2021, 01:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
May I ask politely how you know this?
My origins are in the Angelic realm and I have a direct connection to my HS 24/7. Than it is a simple matter to just ask.
I have to admit, it is not always a matter, of just ask, often for me to understand a concept it might take day of asking and asking again.