Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 22-10-2020, 06:45 PM
Master
My biggest question

How, what where and when did astrology come to be. What is it's true origins and it's original purpose? Anyone?

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.
Old 23-10-2020, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
How, what where and when did astrology come to be. What is it's true origins and it's original purpose? Anyone?

Might be rooted in farming...... knowing when to plant, harvest, etc.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-10-2020, 03:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Might be rooted in farming...... knowing when to plant, harvest, etc.
Might be, but where and whom did they get it from?

Ha ezek lennének az utolsó szavaim, minden jót kívánok az élet során. Ahogy mindent megtettem, hogy figyelmeztesselek. Béke és szeretet mindig - HA

Old 23-10-2020, 03:28 AM
Master
I dare say it was one of the few fragments of knowledge that were salvaged or retained from the last epoch of humanity/civilization (Atlantis & Lemuria). But still doesn't explain where and from whom it came from?

Old 23-10-2020, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Might be, but where and whom did they get it from?

I suspect when people started to become farmers, they probably learned it on their own.

For example, when day light starts to be 'shorter', numerous plants react. They must have noticed that. Trying to prove or disprove that the amount of daylight
each day must have took a lot of thought.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-10-2020, 05:10 AM
Master
The aspect of astrology I'm talking about is the relationship between the constellations, zodiac and how this affects an individual in respect to their personalities and character. Example why and how was it worked out for a Piscean to have the attributes they have and the relationship of the constellation. This kind of nitty-gritty stuff I interested in.

Old 24-10-2020, 03:37 AM
Wouldn't that be something to find out!?
By Jove - you came up with some question H-Awareness!!
It's similar to Who came first - the chicken or the egg!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-10-2020, 05:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Wouldn't that be something to find out!?
By Jove - you came up with some question H-Awareness!!
It's similar to Who came first - the chicken or the egg!
This may be a tough one, but I may have a crack at it myself. I have in the past tried to search for an answer online, but nothing comes up with a decent answer. I might ask myself the question and exercise my claircognizance. I've not tried to ask a question like this before to search through the akashic records. May take a while I think for an answer to come through. Maybe my consciousness is not expanded enough to comprehend the answer to the question I ask. However, if you don't ask, you don't get hey.

Old 25-10-2020, 09:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
I dare say it was one of the few fragments of knowledge that were salvaged or retained from the last epoch of humanity/civilization (Atlantis & Lemuria). But still doesn't explain where and from whom it came from?

I agree, i don't know how much you have read about ancient civilizations and astrology but they seem to have had an extensive understanding of the stars/planets & how it affects us. Alot of them have stories of beings visiting and teaching us astrology. Now how they knew is nothing short of a mystery. Sometimes I wonder if that is just a story we created to answer something we don't have a rational explanation for but yeah that is the story I believe unless I have a reason to think otherwise. But either way these ancient civilizations had crazy knowledge of astrology both scientifically and spiritually. They knew facts that science has only in recent centuries been able to prove.

I was reading about the Dogon tribe in Africa a few weeks ago. They've been around something between 30,000 - 100,000 years (according to the internet anyway.) They have crazy knowledge of Sirius A & B, like they knew the existance and orbit of sirius b that was only discovered in the past century. B couldnt be seen without our advanced telescopes, even the kind we can buy is too weak to detect. Anyways they knew the orbit between A & B formed a double helix that mirrored our own DNA, they knew the presence of DNA, maybe not when it was fully but they had some knowledge of the link between our DNA and the stars orbit.

That is just what I think is the truth of its origins but my guess is as good as any so who really knows. Hopefully we find out one day but I'm not going to expect it. I am just grateful we have access to this knowledge, i fully believe we would be lost as a civilization without it. It is such a wonderful tool for divination as it provides both a logical and intuitive method to do so, I think that is why I love it so much. As intuitive as I am, I need something tangible to confirm that intuition as to keep it in check & make sure the ego stays out of it because sometimes it likes to add its two cents in which can mess things up. But with astrology I can easily keep my ego quiet & if it does start to speak up then astrology will quickly detect if it was something of substance or some passing nonsense thought.
Old 25-10-2020, 09:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini46
I agree, i don't know how much you have read about ancient civilizations and astrology but they seem to have had an extensive understanding of the stars/planets & how it affects us. Alot of them have stories of beings visiting and teaching us astrology. Now how they knew is nothing short of a mystery. Sometimes I wonder if that is just a story we created to answer something we don't have a rational explanation for but yeah that is the story I believe unless I have a reason to think otherwise. But either way these ancient civilizations had crazy knowledge of astrology both scientifically and spiritually. They knew facts that science has only in recent centuries been able to prove.

I was reading about the Dogon tribe in Africa a few weeks ago. They've been around something between 30,000 - 100,000 years (according to the internet anyway.) They have crazy knowledge of Sirius A & B, like they knew the existance and orbit of sirius b that was only discovered in the past century. B couldnt be seen without our advanced telescopes, even the kind we can buy is too weak to detect. Anyways they knew the orbit between A & B formed a double helix that mirrored our own DNA, they knew the presence of DNA, maybe not when it was fully but they had some knowledge of the link between our DNA and the stars orbit.

That is just what I think is the truth of its origins but my guess is as good as any so who really knows. Hopefully we find out one day but I'm not going to expect it. I am just grateful we have access to this knowledge, i fully believe we would be lost as a civilization without it. It is such a wonderful tool for divination as it provides both a logical and intuitive method to do so, I think that is why I love it so much. As intuitive as I am, I need something tangible to confirm that intuition as to keep it in check & make sure the ego stays out of it because sometimes it likes to add its two cents in which can mess things up. But with astrology I can easily keep my ego quiet & if it does start to speak up then astrology will quickly detect if it was something of substance or some passing nonsense thought.
I can't believe I got an answer, not your answer gemini46, but thanks all the same . The pennies have all dropped at once. I will get back to you with a full on post with the information I received. Mind blowing stuff. It all makes sence and many dots have been connected. Bear with me as I construct this detail.

......TO BE CONTINUED......