Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 28-06-2011, 03:54 PM
A Glass named Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
I think there is definitely a tie-in between idolatry-adultery-female, though I didn't want to go there. The nature of men shouldn't be exploited, and I assume that was done by the less than holy seers of the female persuation. If the cult of Diana or whomever promised daily "prophecies" & free sex on the temple grounds after, I imagine this would tend to corrode the integrity of whatever morality and social institutions you may have as a society. LOL.

Speaking generally, I would say this kind of excess is generally less a temptation for women physically, although exploitation or manipulation of any kind, including emotional manipulation, is a problem if or when persons proclaim a "special" relationship with God that appears to have no other purpose than self-promotion and ego gratification. And without moral fibre, women could be led to take part in the same sort of behaviour as a result of various emotional manipulation. The nature of women also needs to be respected.

This sort of association of "free love", no boundaries, and spiritual practices of questionable origin and motivation other than self-promotion is a predictable outcome of excess or unbalanced chesed. What it means is that abundant love without truth, might, and justice becomes tainted, or corrupted. Lax and indulgent. Unable to set boundaries. Unable to orient and clearly focus on truth and light. Luckily we got a lot of Isaac's genes too. We need to give that man a lot more credit :) It's the metal and the mettle in Jacob's heart.

l'shalom,
7L

Oh I meant "female" as a spiritual term rather than as literally meaning woman. More like how the Jewish Nation is referred to as the "female" bride to Hashem, which most definitely includes men. I do, however, agree that women hold a great power to persuade men and should be used for good.

No boundaries can definitely be a big problem. These days there seems to be too much of the "do what you feel" attitude rather than striving to do what is right. Would love to hear about how we can give Issac more credit

-esther
Old 28-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Glass named Esther
Oh I meant "female" as a spiritual term rather than as literally meaning woman. More like how the Jewish Nation is referred to as the "female" bride to Hashem, which most definitely includes men. I do, however, agree that women hold a great power to persuade men and should be used for good.

No boundaries can definitely be a big problem. These days there seems to be too much of the "do what you feel" attitude rather than striving to do what is right. Would love to hear about how we can give Issac more credit

-esther

I think there is definitely a reference to both feminine nature and feminine physicality whenever the spiritual dimensions are mentioned. Because we exist in both body and spirit.

Re: Isaac/Yitzhak...he is associated with gevurah, or truth/judgment and might. Chesed and gevurah balance each other. It's said that through gevurah even Abraham (associated with chesed). Moral strength and judgment are so key to balance. It allows us to get perspective and to maintain healthy boundaries and make appropriate decisions, big and small. I think it is HIGHLY underrated, LOL...highly.

People withhold for the wrong reasons, it's true. And people also indulge for the wrong reasons. There is not so much a lack of love and strength but a lack of right-on-time, focused love and strength. If you spill water on the pavement, it's as if you never had it. If you drink it, or water the plants...it was just what you needed, when you needed it...and you are healed and sustained

l'shalom,
7L
Old 28-06-2011, 07:35 PM
nightowl

Thank you everyone for sharing on this thread, it is insightful for me, I think I will reread it and ponder some more.

I am glad that there has been revealed here a difference in the Hebrew and Christian text. Is the main crux behind the Hebrew text more of a warning not to attempt these things outside of G-d's direction or to do them with evil intent?

nightowl