Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 23-10-2006, 10:39 PM
BLAIR2BE

The Dimensional Perspective

i am curious. a question...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/DIMENSIONS

speaking on different dimensions; being a third dimensional entity, having a mind that has developed in 3d, using physical senses and language of 3d, ones emotion, decissiveness, comprehension, brain all existing in the 3rd dimension, how can one: comprehend, describe, fathom multi dimensional experience?? soul has a connection with the 3d body, our words have developed to describe 3d experience as with our minds. how can one experience something from another dimension, understand that experience and then describe that experience with words, imagry, etc. from the 3d??

Last edited by BLAIR2BE : 24-10-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old 24-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Glorymist

Blair - - what you ponder is one of the great dilemma's of the Path. The semantics of it all. Who can say what another means if one simply says the color "red" ?? Who can say what another means when they use the word "tall" or "great" or "God" or "Truth" ?? Dealing with these issues require subconsciously using the "other bodies" - - the other facets of ourselves.

But - - one thing I love about the whole 3D thing. It seems as tho many people believe the physical world to be the 3rd Dimension because our senses deal with the physical aspects of length / width / height. So - - what - - and where - - is the first Dimension ?? Is there a viable and actual dimension of just one of these facets ?? Is there a pre-physical dimension that is just - - length ??

As far as comprehending / describing / fathoming the other dimensions - - well - - physically - - we can't. Because they are not physical. But the other facets as driven / controlled / used by Soul can deal with them easily. Discernment is the name of the game here - - to find out what is - - and what is not. It takes a very long time - - involving much trial and error - - which we usually do not remember because of the workings of reincarnation.

It is not as tough to describe what is "there" as you might think. Only when you get into the true home of Soul - - and then work beyond and passed that - - does it become all but impossible. There are signposts - - recognitions - - but there is little way to accurately describe - - abstracts. But once there - - you recognize it instantly.

The mind can be trained to do a pretty good job of it all. One first has to begin to bring back conscious memory and awareness of their travels. Dream work begins that process.

We could go much further into all of this. But it often leads to much dispute.

Of course - - as with all things - - many would contest what I have just offered. To each their own.

Old 24-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Glorymist

Blair - - I am going to have to step out of this thread. It is too controversial. I am sure others would have a much different viewpoint / approach - - and it might be wise for you to listen to them.
Old 24-10-2006, 06:45 PM
dreamer

I wonder what dimension our sleeping dream is in, or in fact our sleeping non dream state? If waking is 3rd dimension, maybe it is only 3rd becuse of the limits we place upon ourselves due to our ignorance that this is also a dream state, when we wake up to this fact the laws start to change and anything becomes possible.
Old 24-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
Blair - - I am going to have to step out of this thread. It is too controversial. I am sure others would have a much different viewpoint / approach - - and it might be wise for you to listen to them.

Please don't do this or think this or feel this way Glorymist. It doesn't matter in the least to me that our personal belief systems are slightly different.....or whatever. I've done the same thing here you're doing which is to shut up because the topic matter, whatever that may be, is "...is too controversial." Not a good move IMO. There's more than enough room on this forum for everyone to share/learn/ask/offer etc. What you have to say is just as necessary and important as what I have to say and anyone else for that matter.

Disclaimer - this was of course only my personal opinion and only a suggestion.
Old 24-10-2006, 09:24 PM
cweiters

On truth

Lapis thank you so.....................much. Truth is the same for us all and can be found everywhere.

Love
cw
Old 24-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Glorymist

Please allow me to do what I do, Lapis.

There is a line from an old Eagles song - - "Sometimes to keep it together you have to leave it alone." It was in reference to a quarreling couple - - but certainly could be taken individually, as an interaction with a group, as an interaction with certain teachings, as an interaction with certain people, as an interaction with a system, and much, much more.

I have found - - that for the most part - - people want to be left alone. Under and through a myriad of statements / claims / insinuations / and judgments.

All can be left as alone as they wish. That is not my choice to make for them. All close their own doors - - whether they are aware of it or not. Many close doors for themselves as well as for others.

And of course - - open them as well. Which is much harder to do.

There also just "might" be more to this than one would realize.

Obviously - - this is just an opinion.

If people want to know - - they can ask. There's always IM's / PM's.
Old 25-10-2006, 04:36 AM
kundalini

For clarification purposes Glorymist, that line comes from the track 'Wasted Time' and was indeed an Eagles song.

Kundalini.
Closed Thread