Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 25-01-2021, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Man is the scurge of Mother earth they destroy everything. steal what's not theirs.
The human population is growing so quickly in some countries. it is stretching resources to the limit.

Mother earth will only take so much she will hit back.
you will have more earth quakes. they build on flood planes causing flooding.
Along with deforestation.

more volcanoes erupting. it will all happen.
Man broke the umbrella in which we live under.
they broke it by putting stuff into space. leaving it there making a mess as they do here.
They act surprised when it falls down again its pathetic.
that is my view anyway
We messed up.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-01-2021, 05:54 PM
Deactivated Account

"What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another".

-Mahatma Gandhi
Old 25-01-2021, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient
This post is about doing what you love, what fulfills you – in a time when our actions, but also our inactions, are causing major damage to our world and harming our fellow earthlings, paving the path towards not just our own extinction. For those familiar with the Kardechev scale – humanity is speeding towards 'The Great Filter.' I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on this. Do you continue doing what you love and what fulfills you? (as long as it's not adding fuel to this fire, of course) Or do you put your own interests aside to aid more concretely in the fight to save this planet?

The science is clear; the situation is quite dire. Global warming is not showing any sign of slowing down. Forests are being cut down at alarming rates, and the human population continues to rise – further accelerating the greenhouse emissions and exploiting our natural resources.

I sincerely admire and applaud past and present people who devote their lives to a just cause, standing up against what's being done to our only home, to injustice and inequality – sometimes with grim personal sacrifices as a consequence. I'm also puzzled by my own selfish creative desires and aspirations. Doing what I love doesn't come as easy as it used to. Is it justifiable to spend your time on things not directly correlated to stopping what's being done to our planet?

We all have our thing, a connection to something that speaks to us beyond words – calling on us if you will. Not for the sake of a great purpose or mission. Just for the sake of it. For me, this thing is telling stories. For you, this thing could literally be anything. That thing which is not a thing but more a way of life, a process in which we lose ourselves for a moment – in a good way, is something deeply spiritual and sacred. Deprived of this, whatever it is, life is dull and empty for reasons I quite don't understand, and it is, for this reason, I'm perplexed by these people who devote their lives to something that seems to be so uncreative and unfulfilling on a personal level. Should I finish my novel, or should I go and save our forests from being cut down?

I used to believe my stories could add value to people's lives, just as others' art and works have inspired me and added tremendous value to my life. And maybe they can, but you wouldn't tell stories around the campfire if the entire camp was burning. You'd run around with buckets, desperately trying to save your own and your tribes' home.

I was watching a documentary about Greta Thunberg the other day. There was a scene where she was sitting in the sailboat, sailing across the Atlantic towards the US to speak at the UN. The wind was howling as it gripped the sail – rocking the sailboat from side to side with water splashing up against the window behind her. She cried as she spoke into her recorder.

I cried too. I really felt for her. Deep down, she just wants to be a girl, doing what she loves, which is being around horses, among many things. Not saving the planet. But she feels it's necessary to make the sacrifice because no one else will do it for her. Now, I haven't achieved anything remotely close to what she has when it comes to saving the world – but I understand what she meant with those words.

Take this with a grain of salt; I'm sure you understand what I'm referring to here. Is it justifiable to spend your time on things not directly correlated to stopping what's being done to our planet?

What are your thoughts on this?

PS; FYI I also posted this thread on Reddit before I thought of posting it here.

Waking up to your true nature, in my experience, opens up your relationship with all things differently. Your choices and awareness shift and of course you become more aware of life around you in both.

One if the lessons in my deeper awakening process 20 yrs ago was to ‘tend to my own backyard’, in other words, take care as my piece, so I do.

I’m mindful of everything in my relationship to life. Once aware and open your true self knows and takes action.

So as my piece, I live through this means.

It may not be something profound that the world hears about, but my everyday interactions with ‘my world’ support on a smaller scale in my own environment.

I trust others do their part. I’m not alone in this way or the larger scale way. It all contributes.

So what do I do? I live it, through the life I have. It’s not one thing, it’s through everything I am and live as.
Old 25-01-2021, 07:08 PM
Master

afforestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient
This post is about doing what you love, what fulfills you – in a time when our actions, but also our inactions, are causing major damage to our world and harming our fellow earthlings, paving the path towards not just our own extinction. For those familiar with the Kardechev scale – humanity is speeding towards 'The Great Filter.' I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on this. Do you continue doing what you love and what fulfills you? (as long as it's not adding fuel to this fire, of course) Or do you put your own interests aside to aid more concretely in the fight to save this planet?

The science is clear; the situation is quite dire. Global warming is not showing any sign of slowing down. Forests are being cut down at alarming rates, and the human population continues to rise – further accelerating the greenhouse emissions and exploiting our natural resources.

I sincerely admire and applaud past and present people who devote their lives to a just cause, standing up against what's being done to our only home, to injustice and inequality – sometimes with grim personal sacrifices as a consequence. I'm also puzzled by my own selfish creative desires and aspirations. Doing what I love doesn't come as easy as it used to. Is it justifiable to spend your time on things not directly correlated to stopping what's being done to our planet?

We all have our thing, a connection to something that speaks to us beyond words – calling on us if you will. Not for the sake of a great purpose or mission. Just for the sake of it. For me, this thing is telling stories. For you, this thing could literally be anything. That thing which is not a thing but more a way of life, a process in which we lose ourselves for a moment – in a good way, is something deeply spiritual and sacred. Deprived of this, whatever it is, life is dull and empty for reasons I quite don't understand, and it is, for this reason, I'm perplexed by these people who devote their lives to something that seems to be so uncreative and unfulfilling on a personal level. Should I finish my novel, or should I go and save our forests from being cut down?

I used to believe my stories could add value to people's lives, just as others' art and works have inspired me and added tremendous value to my life. And maybe they can, but you wouldn't tell stories around the campfire if the entire camp was burning. You'd run around with buckets, desperately trying to save your own and your tribes' home.

I was watching a documentary about Greta Thunberg the other day. There was a scene where she was sitting in the sailboat, sailing across the Atlantic towards the US to speak at the UN. The wind was howling as it gripped the sail – rocking the sailboat from side to side with water splashing up against the window behind her. She cried as she spoke into her recorder.

I cried too. I really felt for her. Deep down, she just wants to be a girl, doing what she loves, which is being around horses, among many things. Not saving the planet. But she feels it's necessary to make the sacrifice because no one else will do it for her. Now, I haven't achieved anything remotely close to what she has when it comes to saving the world – but I understand what she meant with those words.

Take this with a grain of salt; I'm sure you understand what I'm referring to here. Is it justifiable to spend your time on things not directly correlated to stopping what's being done to our planet?

What are your thoughts on this?

PS; FYI I also posted this thread on Reddit before I thought of posting it here.

Good topic. Appreciate the people who are sacrificing lot for the cause . On the other hand for vast normal majority including me it may not possible to contribute in big way to the cause. But these vast majority can and should at least contribute to the cause in small ways like
1. Plant a small plant in backyard or balcony.
2. Compost kitchen waste
3. Practice 4 Rs of waste management like Reduce, Re-use , Refuse and Recycle.
4. Participate in the afforestation / tree plantation drives which may be organized in-around your area.
Old 25-01-2021, 07:53 PM
Master
From a spiritual perspective the Earth is a living being, and it, as well as the universe, is in a homeostatic state, just like our physical body. The earth is the physical body of a consciousness, and it seeks a steady state of balance, just like our own physical body.

The human race had a beginning and whatever had a beginning has and end. The only question is how fast do we want that end to come? I echo what Native Spirit said, and believe besides human made pollutants, population growth is a prime factor.

More people means lumber companies will cut down more trees and clear more forests to build homes for that increasing population, they will cut down more trees to have more farmland to grow food for that increased population, etc., and trees are essential to the breath of human, animal, insect, and plant life on this planet.

I do not feel we will destroy the planet but I do feel we will destroy ourselves, not by nuclear weapons, but by planned obsolescence; the human race is currently enacting plans that will make us obsolete. Self-imposed extinction. It may take a major human catastrophe, bigger than this pandemic, to wake people up to a more sustainable existence.

I do not see spirituality alone as a remedy to our predicament. Unfortunately, history has shown that spirituality usually turns into religion and religion is very competitive, in the past often to the point of religious wars. Although I do believe that people have to feel in their heart that we hold our own destiny in our hands. Right now it is a stifling mental debate.

I used to go camping 2-weeks every month, sadly not for the past year due to this pandemic. But being out in nature, in the Mojave Desert, on top of a snow capped mountain, camping yards from a roaring river, or near the ocean, in a lush green valley, and open meadow, or among tall trees in a thick forest, the air is so fresh, and the water so sweet and clear, once you get away from so-called civilization. I love nature, and I miss it. Can’t wait to get back to it. Nature automatically spiritually attunes me. It is to be respected.
Old 25-01-2021, 10:20 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I rest my case. Us vs. Them, the very definition of contention. One "side" painting the other "side" in derogatory terms. How's this spiritual?

I'm sorry if you find the term 'Climate Change Denier' derogatory. I will attempt, in future, to maintain a more positive take on the subject, should I feel moved to comment on this thread again.

I hadn't meant to sound judgmental or divisive: yes, there must be better ways to get the whole of the human race open to the actions required to keep our beautiful planet from the brink of a climate catastrophe.

There is no Planet B
Old 25-01-2021, 11:50 PM
janielee

I disagree that this post should be moved.

What is spirituality if it can't be applied to the natural world, of which all living beings are One?

JL
Old 26-01-2021, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer
I'm sorry if you find the term 'Climate Change Denier' derogatory. I will attempt, in future, to maintain a more positive take on the subject, should I feel moved to comment on this thread again.

I hadn't meant to sound judgmental or divisive: yes, there must be better ways to get the whole of the human race open to the actions required to keep our beautiful planet from the brink of a climate catastrophe.

There is no Planet B

Just so you know I didn’t feel you were in any way being derogatory or divisive, I felt the message you were conveying was at the forefront of your post and it’s very valid to spirituality as a wholistic practice.
Old 26-01-2021, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I rest my case. Us vs. Them, the very definition of contention. One "side" painting the other "side" in derogatory terms. How's this spiritual?

The one 'side' who paints the other 'side' in derogatory terms generally have no idea about the ones they are accusing of being 'deniers'.

For example, I was talking to one person today who has a low opinion of me. That person has called me a 'denier' so many times, I can not remember. All over her perceived viewpoint of myself over global warming.

Having said that, I told her I was thinking about building a Hobbit -style house. I told her I wanted to use berm and trombe walls. She had no idea what I was talking about. I told her I build a home in the 80's and included a trombe wall. It is one of the simplest thing to implement to reduce heat/cooling cost. Half of the house was heated and cooled passively.

I also had a large compost pile.
A pond I dug which watered the plants by siphonic action.
And a huge organic garden.
I almost forgot, I do not know how many trees I have planted.

I recommend to the name callers to show me all of the things they have done to reduce CO2 emissions, global warming, etc. Even if they can show 'all' the things they have done, it does not justify name calling under the realm of Spirituality. If anything, if they would listen to what I have to say, they would see we have much in common.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-01-2021, 03:36 AM
Experiencer

Is it justifiable to spend your time on things not directly correlated to stopping what's being done to our planet?

Yes.

Not everything is about the physical world.

For some people, environmentalism becomes their religion. Yet, it only focuses on the physical. There is more than that.

We also have to be realistic about what we can accomplish here. That doesn't necessarily mean do nothing, but how much can one person actually do in the face of the entire population of Earth? We have to keep it in perspective.
Closed Thread