Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-01-2021, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Religions don't like being questioned and can't handle skepticism too well. They view your lack of belief as an insult, you 'hating' it and rejecting the 'great message' of a god or guru.

It's impossible to believe/understand something someone Post's if they don't explain what they mean

I cannot work out what this ' Truth ' is that the ' World Hates '. Best to leave it I suppose, they are obviously not going to explain, which is ok....
Old 02-01-2021, 07:59 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
AS can you explain please what you Posted regarding ' TheTruth that Jesus brought which is hated by the World ' What is this ' Hated Truth ' .

posters have already explained it much better than i could

about jesus. i think there is evidence both ways for jesus, but what really was said or happened in the bible? what was made up? we can't know for sure. in some stories of jesus, in some of the things he supposedly said and did, he has no ego and is living the truth, in other things he supposedly said or did, that looks pretty egotistical in parts. getting crazy mad and out of control at the money changers and turning over their tables, riding into the city on a donkey, the way kings did in those days which was big ego stuff. did those things happen? made up? but then in other stories about what jesus supposedly said and did, he has no ego, maybe jesus the man was flawed like we all are, sometimes no ego, other times messes up. or was 80% of the bible made up by different people with different agendas.

it might be one reason christianity appeals to so many and became so popular is it appeals to both types, big egos and no egos, there is enough in the bible for both types to like, no ego people like the egoless jesus who says love your enemy as yourself, if someone steals your shirt give them your coat as well, then the ego people like stuff like, worship jesus or you go to hell. the no ego stuff gets pretty deep im making it sound more superficial than it is
Old 02-01-2021, 08:04 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
The truth is Divine Love.
The unselfish kind of Love.

The world Loves themselfies.
So the truth deletes themselfies and stirs
the Heart to Love others.
To Be selfieless hurts. Owie.
People don't care to hurt, so they hate it.

Jesus said: Deny your selfies.

that explains it really well
Old 02-01-2021, 08:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
posters have already explained it much better than i could

about jesus. i think there is evidence both ways for jesus, but what really was said or happened in the bible? what was made up? we can't know for sure. in some stories of jesus, in some of the things he supposedly said and did, he has no ego and is living the truth, in other things he supposedly said or did, that looks pretty egotistical in parts. getting crazy mad and out of control at the money changers and turning over their tables, riding into the city on a donkey, the way kings did in those days which was big ego stuff. did those things happen? made up? but then in other stories about what jesus supposedly said and did, he has no ego, maybe jesus the man was flawed like we all are, sometimes no ego, other times messes up. or was 80% of the bible made up by different people with different agendas.

it might be one reason christianity appeals to so many and became so popular is it appeals to both types, big egos and no egos, there is enough in the bible for both types to like, no ego people like the egoless jesus who says love your enemy as yourself, if someone steals your shirt give them your coat as well, then the ego people like stuff like, worship jesus or you go to hell. the no ego stuff gets pretty deep im making it sound more superficial than it is

" posters have already explained it much better than i could "

Oh I must check again as I didn't see this " World Hated Truth " being explained, not to worry....
Old 02-01-2021, 08:19 PM
Master
Quote:
that explains it really well

So if the Truth is Divine Love why does the World hate this Truth....?
Old 02-01-2021, 08:22 PM
Master
Quote:

In Europe, Christianity became the religion of the upper class, then it spread to the far corners of Europe over the course of many centuries. It came with the wealth and knowledge of Rome. Learned Christian men could read and write, which is a major advantage of communication over societies that didn't. It also made promises of ''eternal life'', and didn't ask for livestock to be sacrificed (meaning it could be spared and used when necessary). Christianity had advantages that previous cultures didn't have. All the spiritual stuff is less important to most people and their daily activities.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:24 PM
Master
Quote:

It's only a perception. Nonbelievers are viewed as being hateful because they reject the belief.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:00 PM
My theory: People don't like the package - "Believe in Jesus or else."
Total turn off.
Oh, you can have Divine Love and Heaven ---but if you don't believe in Jesus you will go to an eternal hell, aka, lake of fire.

The presentation is off...even restaurant owners know it's all in the presentation.
And if the presenter is that dumb he doesn't realize this, then who wants to follow anything he says?
Or go back to the restaurant again. A metaphor.

This isn't really rocket science.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-01-2021, 09:30 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
it's the worldly egoic mind that doesn't like the truth /Truth because it means the end of it.
Proof of that is sitting in stillness and seeing the fight the ego puts up.

PSALM 46:10 is commonly translated as "Be still, and know that I am God" or sometimes as "God says, be still, and know that I am God"

a better version would be "Be still, and know God"

i put the original hebrew of psalm 46:10 into googles translator and got this

be still and know
because vertical god

looking at "vertical" there

having an alignment, such that the top is directly above the bottom.
"the vertical axis" - involving different levels of a hierarchy or progression.

so a better translation into English would be

be still and know
because we have another layer there under ego that we can know
when we are still, god

very different from the translation that says, jesus says he is god
Old 02-01-2021, 09:48 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:

I think world is talking of the man made systems.
Not meaning, like the whole world, I think
they are using it the same as revelations uses Babylon.
So it mainly means the greed and the lusts of the flesh,etc.etc.

My take anywho.

Oh, then you got the coin, which in my mind also represents
Ceasars world and Gods world. Hating the world means like
hating the other side of the coin.
It's hard to merge or see the 2 side of the coin at the same time.
So they oppose each other.

Again my take.