Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 18-12-2020, 06:09 PM
Master
POV COVID Infection

I did not know where to post this here, or even if I should post this at all. It is a very private matter. There is a very thin line between life and death, and death to me is very private. There are some situations in life that can move a person to welcome death. I got a covid test and it came back positive, as a 73-year old, with underlying health conditions, it has been and incredible struggle.

Because when you have and underlying heath condition you have to deal with it as usual on top of covid symptoms. Covid symptoms include a lot of muscle aches and pains, joint pains, sharp back pains, fever, headache, difficulty breathing, etc. In some the symptoms are mild while in others they are severe. The pain can get so bad that some people pray for death.

I have not prayed but have felt I was ready to let go of this human life, because of the intense pain experienced. Its easy to lose all hope under such intense discomfort. These symptoms came on suddenly about two weeks ago. I have been isolating, wearing a mask, and social distancing in public, so I don’t know how I got it. Pain medication gives little relief. They are not giving the vaccine to people who are infected, the vaccine is preventive and they do not have enough to give to the more than 17-million people who are infected in the U.S.

Please, I am not looking for sympathy. But I do want to encourage others to get the vaccine, be safe, wear a mask and social distance. I have been talking to another member of Spiritual Forums who also had a positive covid test. She is much younger than me, but is also going through a lot and feels like she is staring death in the face. I can not tell you who she is because we talked and she wants to maintain her privacy. This covid disease is intense, and yes there are a lot of younger folks who do recover from it.

I have no fear of death but I really, I mean really, do not care for pain. It is difficult to meditate when your hips are screaming in great pain. Its difficult to move your body and even get out of bed or go to the bathroom. The pain is there 24/7, and I am taking lots of different meds, for pain and inflammation, Epsom salt bath, when I can move my body to do such, and I am also using heating pads, which really helps, etc. I was basically told to stay home, take meds, and be on bed rest. Call and ambulance and come to hospital if it gets worst.

It is already bad but I do understand. California has a hospital bed shortage, and in many places no ICU beds, etc. So a fair amount of people who are infected are trying to regain their health at home. There is also a shortage of nurses and other medical people, and so I understand why they are doing triage on infected people and having many go back home. Most infected people have mild symptoms but that can instantly change. That I have done quiet meditation for so long has given me and advantage, because even when I do not meditate that inner silence is still there for me. It is hard to do formal meditation because you first have to get your body to sit up.

Isolation, and covid fears, can lead to mental health issues. That is another piece of this, especially if a person gets infected. The human mind goes wild so keeping it quiet can be advantageous. I find it very interesting when death feels imminent, a peace does come, and you may start forgiving, in your mind, all the people you think wronged you, if you have not already done so. The peaceful serenity gives that letting go of things, and you may also forgive yourself for things you may not have liked doing in the past. Feeling death can be a deeper time of forgiveness. Death is always with us, its just sometimes it becomes more prominent.

We are all called home in different ways, and we will all get to see whether our point of view has been accurate. I take nothing for granted, life or death. The way we die says something about the way we lived. Of course my aging body may recover from this, but there are times when I feel very close to death. Its’ a wonderful journey, if it were not for all the pain. My mind is quiet, and I am neither looking to the future nor past; just trying to stay solidly in the moment.

Peace and Good Journey To All
Old 18-12-2020, 08:34 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
These symptoms came on suddenly about two weeks ago.
I have been isolating, wearing a mask, and social distancing in public,
so I don’t know how I got it.
Pain medication gives little relief.
There was a lot to read so I went back to take it all IN!
OH! So not only did you contract this Coronavirus 2 weeks ago- but are really going through a painful time!

OH!
What can we say or do to support you.

I'm so sorry, hand to chest, and will do anything to help, of course.
Say the word...in a pm if you want. xxxxooo

Wonderful post, my friend, as usual.

A 70 yr old male friend with heart issues was in bed about 25 days...funny, but you all instinctively know
to do hot Epsom salt baths...(you know to put 8 pounds in) hottest you can take for minimum 20 mins...
I know, you're so desperate to get out of the profound body pain!

I will get more when I get more pet food soon. Thank you.
(My plumber of yrs said he felt he was going to die for 4 days.)
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry.
And yet, I know you a bit and your wisdom. Thank God for that.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-12-2020, 09:30 PM
Master

Hiya Starman,

Thanks for writing so honestly about your covid illness and your thoughts about mortality.

I also went through a Covid illness a few weeks ago. In my case, it was bad enough that I had to be admitted to the Covid ward of my local hospital here in Hungary. I needed oxygen, steroids and a regimen of intravenous antibiotics to defeat this disease and it was really very rough there for a while.

I find it worrying, that they haven't admitted you to hospital, especially if you have pneumonia, which is the most common complication of covid. If you have any difficulty breathing at all, you should really insist on being admitted to hospital. Have they measured whether you have hypoxia? What are your blood oxygen levels like? Mine were below 90 percent, which is borderline hypoxia and it qualified me to be admitted to hospital.

Have they done a chest CT or X-ray on you? Are you getting antibiotics and steroids?

I am getting the feeling, that you are not getting properly taken care of, you should really take this seriously and insist on proper care.

BTW, I am completely appalled by how one of the richest places on earth is completely mishandling this epidemic and abandoning the sick to their own devices. Hungary is one of the poorer countries in Europe, with a massive brain-drain problem, yet I received excellent care and was discharged in about two weeks, yet my hospital treatment didn't cost me a penny. The USA really needs to get its act together after this Covid epidemic, the Healthcare racket there is not only cruel and exploitative, but frankly, embarrassing as well.
Old 18-12-2020, 10:04 PM
Administrator
Starman I am sorry that you are going through this virus it is spreading like Wild fire here at the moment.
You are a strong person and even as you Fight this.
You thought to put it here so others could benefit from your Wisdom.
That is an act of a kind person.

I Will Send Healing And Positive Thoughts out to you

Namaste
Old 19-12-2020, 02:19 AM
Master
Thank you Miss Hepburn, NoOne, and Native Spirit, I feel your love and compassion. NoOne we have a different situation in the U.S. I don’t know what the hospital situation is like in Hungry but here they are overcrowded.

In California, where I am at, people with severe covid symptoms are left in hospital hallways because there are no beds available, especially no ICU beds, or even regular hospital beds. Some patients are left in the ambulance parked outside of hospital, and some are in make-shift tent hospitals that have been set up in fields and parking lots. The healthcare system in America is under tremendous strain. Plus there is a shortage of medical people.

I have and excellent relationship with my deeper being, and that relationship is still there regardless of the sickness in my physical body. The thing is this sickness in me can not be allowed to spread to my emotional and mental nature; Yes, I have cried, yelled and screamed, as my initial reaction, but now I am beyond that. Moving into acceptance of whatever the universe has in store for me. Most of the people here on this forum are naturally supportive so I have no requests. I depend heavily on my own inner light, but am very grateful for the love and support I have received here in the past and present.

I am not alone and do have people who comfort me. There are probably a lot of people, like NoOne and me, who are members of this forum, that have either recovered from the covid infection or have it right now. Maybe even some members who have died from it. Members just have not posted here about it. Native Spirit I was not going to post anything on this forum about it. But I did think that maybe someone else could benefit from my ordeal. I am a giver. Thank you all and God bless you.
Old 19-12-2020, 04:49 AM
Master
StarMan,

I am sorry for your situation but at the same time, I am proud you were able to come forth and tell us like it is.

You have accomplished, on these Forums, more then virtually anybody else has. Your straight forward, honest assessment of the situation has always prevailed.

I pray for you.
I send healing energy to you.
       I send you comfort.
      I also send you love
        and know, we are
     all concerned for you.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-12-2020, 05:12 AM
Elfin

.....And you know full well I send you all my Love...
Old 19-12-2020, 06:08 AM
Master
BigJohn, A heartfelt thank you. I know you mean well; I can feel your love, it bought tears to my eyes when I read what you posted, but I shy away from the pedestal. We all have much to offer. What I did here at SF I was able to do because people like you, and many others, were open to what I shared. We all contributed and supported each others truth. You’re a cool dude also BigJohn.

Elfin, Love back at ya!!!!

Celebrate human life in good times and bad, its all “Grist For The Mill,” and yes we are all making bread, or some other kind of deep dish meal, to serve to the Divine, or each other. Fear not, all is well, even in our darkest hour, all is well.

Going to take a break now, fatigue comes easily, need to rest. If one good thing can be said about this corona-virus, there are lots of bad things happening, but there is also a lot of kindness, love and compassion coming from a lot of people. Thank you.
Old 19-12-2020, 07:31 AM
Master
Quote:
BigJohn, A heartfelt thank you. I know you mean well; I can feel your love, it bought tears to my eyes when I read what you posted, but I shy away from the pedestal. We all have much to offer. What I did here at SF I was able to do because people like you, and many others, were open to what I shared. We all contributed and supported each others truth. You’re a cool dude also BigJohn.

Celebrate human life in good times and bad, its all “Grist For The Mill,” and yes we are all making bread, or some other kind of deep dish meal, to serve to the Divine, or each other. Fear not, all is well, even in our darkest hour, all is well.

Going to take a break now, fatigue comes easily, need to rest. If one good thing can be said about this corona-virus, there are lots of bad things happening, but there is also a lot of kindness, love and compassion coming from a lot of people. Thank you.

Starman,
you helped people to find and touch in to their heart. You also helped in bringing down barriers so we could see, we are very much the same.

Your heart is reflected through out the many Forums on this site and it has always been consistent: providing hope and comfort.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-12-2020, 07:41 AM
Elfin

Quote:

...... ""The darkest hour is just before dawn..""......... You never need be alone in your darkest hour, there are many of us on here at all times of day and night to chat to.... Never alone... X
Closed Thread