Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

View Poll Results: Cost aside, which would you prefer?
Burial 7 9.21%
Cremation 48 63.16%
I don't care 15 19.74%
Other 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Master
i be terfied of bean bured alivee iw ud be

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 25-06-2018, 06:06 PM
Experiencer
As I read through the comments I noticed odd differences about customs. Here most of the people go for cremation, but the urns containing ashes are later still buried in family graves, so people have a place to go, which I guess solves the problem. I would definitely prefer cremation in order to not leave anything behind to tie me down, but there are some other options that are available today, that might be a bit exotic. One such is being buried in a oval, egg shaped like container, body intact, which has a seed or a small sapling inside with all the required nutrients, and of-course those the decomposing body will provide, to grow in to a mighty tree. Idea is to have cemeteries with trees serving as tombstones, which I find beautiful but at the same time, imagine could be a little bit unnerving actually experiencing?
Old 25-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmond
As I read through the comments I noticed odd differences about customs. Here most of the people go for cremation, but the urns containing ashes are later still buried in family graves, so people have a place to go, which I guess solves the problem. I would definitely prefer cremation in order to not leave anything behind to tie me down, but there are some other options that are available today, that might be a bit exotic. One such is being buried in a oval, egg shaped like container, body intact, which has a seed or a small sapling inside with all the required nutrients, and of-course those the decomposing body will provide, to grow in to a mighty tree. Idea is to have cemeteries with trees serving as tombstones, which I find beautiful but at the same time, imagine could be a little bit unnerving actually experiencing?

Thats interesting, ive never heard about this mighty tree burial. It would take up too much space at cemetaries and likely cost 4 or 5x more than a plot. But that would be a sight to see. I guess thats why so many people have a bench dedicated to a loved one. I asked this question because ive worked at a cemetary for some time now. Many people do hate the thought of very slowly rotting away underground... Also, i forogt to put entombment being the same as burial. And the embalming process is not a nice thought. Where i live (very culturally diverse), about 75% of the time it is a very traditional burial

I wonder how viable cryogenically frozen will become in some years from now. Thats always fascinated me
Old 25-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Deactivated Account
It's just a matter of perspectives I guess but for me when I lost a significant person dear to me I found more comfort in having her burried rather than cremated. I don't know why but something about cremation feels rather unsettling and unnatural to me so I'd rather choose to be burried when I check out.
Old 25-06-2018, 09:24 PM
Master
Buried, maybe a headplate over my grave, but without a coffin, so I am able to decompose and fertilize new growth naturally over time.
Old 25-06-2018, 09:26 PM
Master
say boness feed erthh thy do evn food or floerss boness let thm grow thy do

Old 25-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
Thats interesting, ive never heard about this mighty tree burial. It would take up too much space at cemetaries and likely cost 4 or 5x more than a plot. But that would be a sight to see. I guess thats why so many people have a bench dedicated to a loved one. I asked this question because ive worked at a cemetary for some time now. Many people do hate the thought of very slowly rotting away underground... Also, i forogt to put entombment being the same as burial. And the embalming process is not a nice thought. Where i live (very culturally diverse), about 75% of the time it is a very traditional burial

I wonder how viable cryogenically frozen will become in some years from now. Thats always fascinated me

I've dug up a link about it for convenience/ Tree
Not entirely sure if its a thing already, or still stuck at design stages.
Old 25-06-2018, 09:36 PM
Knower
I would prefer to be cremated. Grieving people can often spend their lives thinking constantly of the state of decay their loved one is in underground.
I think its a closure (in one way) to be cremated
Old 25-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Master
It is not my intention to gross anyone out, but most people who die in the U.S. receive a post-mortem examination, commonly called an autopsy. An in many autopsies they remove organs from your body and may even remove your brain, to examine them for cause of death, etc. Usually the only people who are not autopsied are those who die in a hospital, nursing home, or who are recently under a doctors care, but even they may be autopsied. Regardless, even when it is obvious why a person died they can still be autopsied to make sure of the cause of death.

Often after an autopsy, organs are placed back into the chest cavity in no particular order, unless they are specified for scientific study. then they are kept in a jar filled with fluid at the morgue. Organs are also removed if indicated for donation on the person’s driver’s license. Therefore, disposal of human remains, either buried or cremated, are frequently not in the same condition as they were when the person died. Often an autopsy is court ordered and the family has no say in it. In the U.S., people are autopsied regardless whether they are to be buried, cremated, or otherwise disposed.

If the body is going to be buried, often the mortuary will embalm the body and do some cosmetic work on the face and head of the body, unless it is going to be a closed casket funeral, then the cosmetic work is skipped. If the body is going to be cremated, there can be large bone fragments, hipbones, skull, etc., that did not disintegrate in the cremation process, although after some cremations the crematorium has the equipment to crush those large bones into ashes. However, sometimes the entire body composition is not put in an urn because large bones that did not, or could not, be crushed completely, and those bones are otherwise discarded. It depends on the equipment available at the mortuary or crematorium. Metals in the body, such as pace-makers, artificial limbs or joints, knees, etc., are usually removed before cremation.

I have seen lots of autopsies and my first apartment after leaving the army was in a mortuary. I was an ambulance paramedic and my boss rented me an apartment in a mortuary which he owned. The embalming room was right across the hall outside the door of my apartment. But I slept very well at night.
Old 25-06-2018, 09:51 PM
Master
do in uk 2 if its a sudenn detht hy do dad had a p/mon him wish wz full of liess it wz
evn my cuzzrn its a nrsee saed it wz full ofliess she did