Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 26-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Anandini.Devotee

What's the difference between enlightenment and awakening?

I was watching a video of this woman who says she's enlightened and what she's been through me and a few people I know have been through. She's calling the ego awakening, enlightenment. What do you think? Why is it so taboo to talk of being enlightened? if one knows something and everyone else says they are being full of themselves if they know the truth they simply know. It's not being full of oneself to say they know the truth if they know the truth, but others will say, how dare that person be so egotistical that they think they already know.

Here's the vid I was watching http://youtu.be/oluCe2MCSdU

How many of you look at your life as if it was a dream? Something made you surrender everything and free yourself from egos grasp. How many of you think that a lot of people are waking up? I mean it seems so easy lol why is it so hard then?

Lol this is gunna be fun
Old 26-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Master
You have been Enlightened to the light, you have Awakened to the light, for me there is no difference.
Old 26-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Experiencer

"Waking Up" for me was the realisation of something like reincarnation - enlightenment is whether you're that those hollywood buddhists or a humble joe like myself :P
Old 26-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Master
That's funny, Wakeing up for me was seeing reincarnation as a belief, and that's all. Enlightenment has been made to look like a hollywood disaster, just like love has been made to look like a nightmare, but true Enlightenment is far more than that.
Old 27-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Enlightenment is not the end by any means as there are many levels of enlightenment.
Old 27-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru.Anandini.Devotee
I was watching a video of this woman who says she's enlightened and what she's been through me and a few people I know have been through. She's calling the ego awakening, enlightenment. What do you think? Why is it so taboo to talk of being enlightened? if one knows something and everyone else says they are being full of themselves if they know the truth they simply know. It's not being full of oneself to say they know the truth if they know the truth, but others will say, how dare that person be so egotistical that they think they already know.

Here's the vid I was watching http://youtu.be/oluCe2MCSdU

How many of you look at your life as if it was a dream? Something made you surrender everything and free yourself from egos grasp. How many of you think that a lot of people are waking up? I mean it seems so easy lol why is it so hard then?

Lol this is gunna be fun

Hi

Whom would know within enlightenment the difference between certain states of awareness .

x daz x
Old 27-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Meditation can raise ones vibration and also help you to know yourself, I think the more you understand the false ego and can see infante love and oneness that's when you start to surf the higher astral spheres and causal planes
Old 27-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Master
For me personally, Enlightenment was like switching a light on, where as before In was groping around in the dark trying to make sense of everything. I don't think there is more levels in an Awakening, that is if you are truly Awakened. The idea that there is more to do is only the ego trying to make an excuse for you to come back to the darkness. But that is how it is in my truth, and that is all I can share, maybe there are just levels in the experience, and sharing of that experience. But still this has nothing to do with the actual Enlightenment, the Oneness is before the experience, not after.
Old 28-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru.Anandini.Devotee
Meditation can raise ones vibration and also help you to know yourself, I think the more you understand the false ego and can see infante love and oneness that's when you start to surf the higher astral spheres and causal planes

Who's meditating .. Who's getting to know Self .. who's surfing the various planes . . Who's enlightened ..

x daz x
Old 28-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
For me personally, Enlightenment was like switching a light on, where as before In was groping around in the dark trying to make sense of everything. I don't think there is more levels in an Awakening, that is if you are truly Awakened. The idea that there is more to do is only the ego trying to make an excuse for you to come back to the darkness. But that is how it is in my truth, and that is all I can share, maybe there are just levels in the experience, and sharing of that experience. But still this has nothing to do with the actual Enlightenment, the Oneness is before the experience, not after.
Can u manifest yourself at will like Babaji? Can you go to the higher astral spheres? How about the causal???if you can then I want to learn everything you know