Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-10-2022, 06:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Buddhism doesn't focus on the astral I believe.
Buddhism may not focus on the astral but that does not mean that Buddhists are free from astral entanglements.

Peace
Old 13-10-2022, 06:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Buddhism doesn't focus on the astral I believe.

They may not, I believe, neither do I know, but this Buddhist man is somehow related with me. I would have not put things together without your help, thanks! For me Siddhartha's story hit me hard just like Jesus's story, this only ever happened with them.
Old 13-10-2022, 07:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Buddhism may not focus on the astral but that does not mean that Buddhists are free from astral entanglements.

Peace

What do you mean?
Old 13-10-2022, 07:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
They may not, I believe, neither do I know, but this Buddhist man is somehow related with me. I would have not put things together without your help, thanks! For me Siddhartha's story hit me hard just like Jesus's story, this only ever happened with them.

……………
Old 13-10-2022, 08:02 PM
Master

Quote:
What do you mean?
Buddhism as a philosophy may not focus on the astral plane, but Buddhists are normal human beings with all the normal human limitations. Being a Buddhist does not mean that someone has automatically transcended the astral plane with all its illusions and desires. So I would suggest that most Buddhists are no more free from astral entanglements than anyone else.

Peace
Old 13-10-2022, 08:57 PM
Experiencer
Very interesting. I believe while mediating, you shift your conscious. Theoretically this is quite normal. Our conscious is mostly with the Ego, and tiny bit with the higher self or Soul. Meditating can help shift more of the conscious over to the higher self or Soul from the Ego. While still aware you are at the physical, and notice you are at the black dark place, which I believe is known as indestructible drop. To me just another name for Astral. Don't let words blind you from the context.
Old 14-10-2022, 05:31 AM
Master

Quote:

Peace

Not sure what you mean by astral entanglements.
Old 14-10-2022, 06:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by astral entanglements.
There was a comment about a Buddhist man hovering about and you responded that Buddhism does not focus on the astral.

The implication seemed to be that a Buddhist would not be hovering about on some astral plane because Buddhism does not focus on the astral. This may have been a misinterpretation on my part regarding your comment.

As far as I am concerned Buddhists are no different to followers of any other religion/philosophy. Discarnate Buddhists are just as likely as anyone else to find themselves on some astral plane dealing with their own astral illusions.

Buddhism may not focus on the astral plane but Buddhists still have to deal with it.

Peace
Old 14-10-2022, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
They may not, I believe, neither do I know, but this Buddhist man is somehow related with me.

You might find 'Mind made body ( Manomaya Kaya )' interesting TM.
Some Schools of Buddhism believe that for advanced meditators it becomes possible to detach these two bodies enabling the phenomena of astral projection .
Have fun
Old 15-10-2022, 05:20 AM
Master

Quote:
There was a comment about a Buddhist man hovering about and you responded that Buddhism does not focus on the astral.

Hm there is a lot to unpack in your statements.

First, when I said Buddhism does not focus on the astral, in my experience and understanding, no genuine and authorised Buddhist teacher teaches students to cultivate, focus, and experience the so-called astral.

If there is anything, the Buddhist teachings are for the direction of silence, truth, compassion.

I believe the "astral" can be a very interesting source of distraction and this is what I meant.

As far as you are concerned, Buddhists are no different to anyone else. And that is a very odd statement to my ears, because I don't see anyone claiming Buddhists are different. Furthermore, "Buddhists" is a very wide nomenclature of persons so yes, I imagine there would be all sorts.

And yet, Buddhism has quite specific directives, which are essentially outlined in the Buddha's Eightfold Path.

And then you talk about "Discarnate Buddhists," and that is also beyond my understanding.

Then finally you say, "Buddhism may not focus on the astral plane but Buddhists still have to deal with it."

In what way? Buddhists, whoever they are, if they are cultivating the Buddhist path, I imagine have more than enough to deal with - perhaps the astral is part of that, perhaps not. I don't know and wouldn't speak for all of them as to what is or isn't relevant and inclsuive of their experience.

Below is an excerpt by an esteemed Buddhist monk:

The questioner might then ask, "You say that all these visions are external, and that I can't yet put them to any use; if I stay stuck simply on the vision I won't make any further progress. Is it because I've been staying so long with these visions that I can't avoid them? Every time I sit down to meditate, as soon as the mind gathers together it goes straight to that level. Can you give me some advice on how to let go of visions in an effective way?"

Luang Pu would respond,

"Oh, some of these visions can be lots of fun and really absorbing, you know, but if you stay stuck right there it's a waste of time. A really simple method for letting go of them is not to look at what you see in the vision, but to look at what's doing the seeing. Then the things you don't want to see will disappear on their own."

Fom a genuine Buddhist teacher and I guess some might call, someone with some real experience in the tradition.

This is what I meant by "Buddhists do not focus on the astral," nor does any teacher teach cultivation of such, outside the core Buddhist principles and teachings.

Peace.