Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 27-07-2020, 06:03 PM
Master
You did capture her gentleness and curiosity. Thanks for sharing your art!

The very minimum tack you need to ride is a bridle and saddle. Then you need the proper footwear and a helmet. For slacks, I prefer seamless on the inside as the seam rubbed me the wrong way. I also wore gloves which are optional.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 28-07-2020, 08:03 PM
Master
And get a caparison, like knights did in the Middle Ages..
Looks great imo..

Pimp my horse!

Old 04-08-2020, 04:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
And get a caparison, like knights did in the Middle Ages..
Looks great imo..

Pimp my horse!

It took me awhile to find the horse!

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 04-08-2020, 04:35 AM
Ascender
I want to go to a ren fair so bad.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:38 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Oh Chrysalis, I'm just seeing this for the first time - thank you so much, this is wonderful! Poor horse, they put on everything too tight just for a photo! Your descriptions really really help me understand what these things are there for. I had no idea this was a Western tack - I just grabbed any old picture off internet.

I wonder what the bare minimum tack is required just to ride a horse (apart from bare back). I need to find a photo of that somewhere. All this equipment is a pain to draw.

Speaking of which I took off all the tack in my drawing of this powerful "cart horse" I met who had a lot of personality and curiosity. I hope you like her (I think it was a mare). I don't know what type it was - mostly white with dappled grey. Very spirited.

Love!

Hey, Uma, what image host are you using?
Old 04-08-2020, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
Love!

Hey, Uma, what image host are you using?
whatever blogger puts them in
Old 04-08-2020, 05:15 PM
Master
Speaking of minimal tack, you can ride a horse without any tack but it takes training a horse and yourself to ride differently and to have different cues for the horse. Also, you need to be sure that the horse has good behaviour. I wouldn't use tackless riding on a brat of a horse.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:03 PM
Master
Tell me about horse and other animal friendships :)

...speaking of riding bareback...

Old 31-10-2020, 06:25 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

I'm a newbie here and scrolled through this whole thread but was surprised not to see Peyo! Allow me to share this wonderful horse's ability here....

https://youtu.be/m4HEuLn6Bdg
Old 01-11-2020, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Speaking of minimal tack, you can ride a horse without any tack but it takes training a horse and yourself to ride differently and to have different cues for the horse. Also, you need to be sure that the horse has good behaviour. I wouldn't use tackless riding on a brat of a horse.

I started riding a horse without tack when I was about 10-11 years old. Early in the morning, sometimes before the sun rose, I would have to go find where the cows where and bring them back 'home'. We would let a horse stay with the cows. When I found the cows, I would ride the horse back. Sometimes, I didn't find the horse so generally rode a cow home.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜