Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 19-03-2023, 08:30 PM
Pathfinder

Are we really doing nothing?

Hi everyone. I think that if we have dreams or Lucid Dreams in sleep then we aren't really doing nothing during sleep. There is some kind of activity going on and we aren't just "unconscious" in this case.
It makes me wonder if dreaming is actually an important activity and not just a delusion. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 19-03-2023, 10:39 PM
Master

It is a matter of your focus and primary-assumptions.

There is one and the same "you" that experiences all the states you mentioned, and other states of consciousness, according to the framework it adopts, as defined by a set of primary assumptions, to which individual secondary conditioning is added.

There is a set of primary assumptions that defines the physical-reality framework. There is a different set that defines the sleep state. This means things like what you are, what you can do, what memories you have access to, what frameworks you have access to, what senses you're using, focus range, ...

When awake, "you" have adopted the physical-reality primary-assumptions set, and "you" focus into the physical-reality framework.

When falling asleep, "you" firstly switch to the sleep-state primary-assumptions set, then "you" refocus into the inner-reality. Due to their individual conditioning, most people don't recall anything from this sleep phase, but it is possible to maintain awareness (of your physical-reality aspect of your personality) as this happens, observe / participate in the experience, and recall it at wake-up. I currently do it practically every night to some degree.

When waking up, "you" firstly switch to the physical-reality primary-assumptions set, then "you" refocus into the physical-reality framework. In the transitory phase, when "you" switched to the physical-reality primary-assumptions set, but are still focused into the inner-reality, "you" translate your perceptions and operate into what "you" recall as dreams, which are distortions of your inner experiences.

Lucid dreaming is when, during the dream phase "you" switch back to the sleep-state primary-assumptions set, while maintaining the awareness of your physical-reality aspect of your personality.

All these states aren't clear-cut, and to some degree, function of your level of abilities, "you" can widen or narrow your focus, and "you" can reshape your set of assumptions.

"You" are always conscious. When awake, "you" just don't recall part of your experience due to your unnecessary conditioning, a hypnotic state.

"You" always evolve in your sleep-state, while in your awake life you might not because of your detrimental conditioning.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-03-2023, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
Hi everyone. I think that if we have dreams or Lucid Dreams in sleep then we aren't really doing nothing during sleep. There is some kind of activity going on and we aren't just "unconscious" in this case.
It makes me wonder if dreaming is actually an important activity and not just a delusion. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.
Modern science is of the opinion that dreaming is a biological function of the brain with a purpose. Though the exact purpose has not been narrowed down, most think it has to do with reprocessing events, mostly recent events, to either extract information, learn, or to plan future actions.

Similarly, Lucid dreaming has been shown via brain scans and responsive communication to be a form of the awake state. As such, one is as conscious as when they are awake. I leave it to you to decide if people are actually using their brains for anything.
Old 14-05-2023, 12:15 PM
Experiencer
You need to read The Sandman books or watch the show on Netflix ;)
Old 15-05-2023, 12:09 AM
Yaoughta

Would it make a difference knowing the answer? One might think of everything as just another form of consciousness in another state of being, so whether you're awake or dreaming, it all seems real to you, but does that make it real?
Old 15-05-2023, 05:00 PM
Master
2# post I would best explain it my self~ another theory I’m debating is pain is just a dream mechanism, while we came into existence we are riding a wave of perceptions while we manifest, death isn’t awakes the ‘kick’ needed~ a few seems to do the trick- I think there isn’t not difference between dream and reality but actually what perception it is- I’m not in no rush to be in reality nor dream…

I couldn’t careless.. although comas etc say that we can be in limbo..

Dying in our dream wouldn’t be enough to wake us from the coma???

It’s debatable? It’s fact from fiction??

I would say that the processors we use are in fact different but you wouldn’t be able to tell because much of our sensory comes from mind,touch,smell and taste etc

It’s Just fabricated but what’s in fact is an illusion is also fact of the mind’s capability’s.

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)