Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-04-2023, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
@ Ewwerrin ~ to know the...
... mindful, aware, present, attentive.
Enjoy!
Thanks. I just cried for hours on end, but it felt like you said. Letting go and releasing everything.
So I feel a bit lighter, but sometimes if I cry too much it all gets worse. but maybe that's necessery as I've been carrying these despairs most of my life.
Old 08-04-2023, 06:37 PM
Master
Ewwerrin, I think you would probably get more suggestions on your health in the HEALING section on this forum. I believe we all have something to contend with and often find remedies that are specific to our plight that others may not have experienced.

I am an insulin dependant diabetic; I stick a needle in my body two to five times daily, I also have neuropathy in my feet and hands, which can be very painful. Further, I was blind for 5-years due to my Vietnam service, and went through that just about alone with no support from family or friends. I also have combat-related ptsd. I worked in the medical field and the mental health field, but to heal myself I went outside of the mainstream medical field.

I am not suggesting that you not continue your current treatment regiment, all I am saying is that I looked into alternative medicine; acupuncture and quiet meditation for ptsd, and now the VA hospitals are teaching combat veterans with ptsd how to quiet their mind and meditate. I also used Chinese herbal therapies for my diabetes.

I learned through study and investigation that I could take some cinnamon in a glass of water to lower my blood sugar instead of using insulin, and I would not gain weight like diabetics who use insulin. Doctors and nurses do not learn these treatments in school. There are lots of alternative treatments out there, it is just a matter of doing some research; like you looked up the word psychosomatic, you can also look up alternative approaches for what ails you.

I want to repeat, I do not want to interfere with your current treatment, especially if it is working for you. The other thing is you do not have to be a monk to transcend your pain, it is that kind of thinking which keeps you where you are at. It is prudent to think of possibilities and your potential in this life is much more then you may think. You are letting your thoughts run your life.

Pain can be managed, look up alternatives for pain management, an Epsom salt or apple cider vinegar bath can relive some and maybe all pain. You have lots of options which you have yet to discover, and I understand that your motivation is low. People commit suicide because they think that is the best option and they usually have not explored all of their other options. In my opinion if you are here on Earth then you have some work to do on yourself. You are not the only one going through this, find a support group of people with similar issues who can give you some ideas. You need to do some research.

You are here on this Earth to find peace within yourself and share that peace with others; once you conquer what ails you, you will have experience to help others who may be where you are at right now. I have felt suicidal many times, wanted to kill myself when I was in Vietnam, and I had access to heavy powered weapons to do it.

But I was a combat medic and people were depending on me for their very life. You may not know it now, but humanity needs you to conquer your pain so that you can help them conquer their pain. I am talking to you this way now because I was able to conquer my pain. God is always with us but we are not always with God, and of course I include myself in that. Your potential is much greater then you think; don’t be ruled by your thoughts. I do volunteer work with disabled veterans, many who are doing things that people with less illnesses or injuries feel they can not do. Volunteer work helping others helps me take my mind off of any perceived burdens I may think I have.

Sorry, I just couldn’t stop writing; kept feeling that I had one more thing to say….
Old 08-04-2023, 08:54 PM
Master
Maisy, yes, I agree that mental disorders and physical disorders are related. Physical disorders can definitely cause mental disorders, fear, anxiety, or worst, and mental disorders can cause physical disorders to manifest in the body, especially if the mental disorder is not well managed. When people think what they have is permanent, regardless whether it is mental or physical, they may be nurturing what they have to be permanent. Of course some things are actually permanent, but we should not let what we can not do get in the way of what we can do. I believe in self healing.
Old 08-04-2023, 11:34 PM
Master
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Ewwerrin, I think...
... one more thing to say….
Thank you so much. You are a hero. I feep very much inspired by you right now. My current medical approach has not been working for 10 years. Someone else also told me to not give up by saying I have tried everything. Chinese herbal medicine may be a good alternative to look into.
And maybe I should continue meditation as it seems to not work anymore but maybe the opposite effect of more crying is a good thing and maybe with more consistent meditation I can break through a barrier.

But most of all, you're a hero. I'm so amazed by what you had to say. I'm so lucky that you said all those things to me.

I used to have a good vietnam veteran friend on the internet a while ago who I had lost. I think about him every day and you remind me of him a bit.

There is so much behind every human being. And you being able to remain composed after all you've experienced.

I just have no words. thanks for sharing that.
Old 09-04-2023, 02:37 AM
Master
I feel like maybe I was being hard on you, but I want you to know that I do feel compassion for what you are going through. Thank you for the acknowledgement; God is my hero, that divine spark which we all have inside of us. If not for me getting in touch with that I most probably would have died a long time ago. We all have our road to travel and some have a harder road then others, but we should not compare our pain, although we can support each other in getting through it. God’s grace go with you my friend, take small steps and do not expect quick results.
Old 09-04-2023, 09:27 PM
Master

Dearest Ewwerrin

There is very good advice here and so I have nothing more to offer, or could I that would improve on what has been said.
So or but I wanted to offer that I have read you for a long time. I remember your old channelling posts and how full of light they felt. How much full of light you feel. In Buddhism it is said that the road of suffering is also the road that discovers transcendence for how can we forgo that which we have not met. Yet these words are easy to write but much harder to digest. I understand. Go easy, go well. Have faith.

And thank you.

Blessings,
pixiedust
Old 10-04-2023, 10:56 AM
Master
Thank you.
I can't say anymore.
Just... thank you for all your kind words.
Old 18-04-2023, 11:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
For someone to say that they don't care, means they haven't suffered enough.
It is clear to me that the opposite is true- suffering enough is what causes the not caring. You care about something or someone because you think that something or someone is important for whatever reason that may be.

All the (unwanted) programming/conditioning of one's mind is the mind caring about something/someone that is not really important either good/positive or bad/negative. This includes all attachments, judgments, confusion, fears, likes and dislikes, the ahamkara etc etc. The only reason why a person has thoughts he/she does want and does not want, is because it is important to him/her, otherwise he/she will not have the thought in the first place!

Here is an important non-duality example:

A person whom cares about spirituality because the person thinks/believes spirituality is important, while at the same time. the person does not care about physical reality/form because the person thinks/believes physical reality/form is maya/illusion/a dream/not real etc etc, does more spiritual, mental and emotional harm than good, when one is all and all is one, physical reality/form is included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
You can pretend you don't care, but life will teach that caring less will actually cause suffering to become more. Untill a point where one cannot find the strength or willpower to stop caring anymore.
Yes, that is true if you are only pretending. This why you do not pretend, you do it!

Caring about stuff that is not really important takes more energy,` strength or willpower than not caring.
Old 23-04-2023, 02:11 PM
Knower

MikeS80, thinking in terms of opposites is the imaginary veil covering the truth that when the analyzing mind is silent, so are the opposites.

Sorrow appears, sorrow disappears. Joy appears, joy disappears. Caring appears and disappears, as does not caring. The appearance of named forms are what the are, in the moment, of the moment, as I stated above, they are not in opposition to each other except as falsely reasoned by the conditioned human mind.

Being aware of the impermanent, relative nature of feelings and thoughts is the truth that both liberates us from clinging and opens the door of wisdom, allowing us to rest in the unchanging nature of the Absolute, the 'Home of all things.'

"Be still and know I am God." Are there two God's?