Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 01-09-2020, 01:14 AM
janielee

What is the real role of divination?

If it's going to happen, then knowing in advance ---

If it's not going to happen, and you believe it, how do you know you didn't will it.

How do you know if you're just being influenced by the divination?

What is the role of divination lovely people?
Old 01-09-2020, 01:05 PM
55Degrees

It sounds as though you're thinking of the 'fortune telling' aspect of divination.
I use divination as a tool for self reflection, illuminating the parts of me that have been hidden and reclaiming my wild spirit.

So, for me, that is the role of divination.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:18 PM
Master

I think we are shown future events when we can benefit from the warning or when there is some other reason for us to know. I like to think of the book that came out about a ship called Titan, that was supposed to be sink proof but wasn't and sank on its maiden voyage. The book was published two years before Titanic sank. Alternatively, early nazi Germany was very interested in premonitions and sponsored large meetings where seers told of great success ahead for Germany and for the nazis. And for a while these positive foretellings were true. Then the war started, things went downhill, the readings told of a dark end, and the nazi regime abruptly cancelled - or hunted down - those readers who still dared speak.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:16 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
It sounds as though you're thinking of the 'fortune telling' aspect of divination.
I use divination as a tool for self reflection, illuminating the parts of me that have been hidden and reclaiming my wild spirit.

So, for me, that is the role of divination.

Thank you 55Degrees, can you give me an example of how this would work for you?

Kindly,

JL
Old 01-09-2020, 03:16 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I think we are shown future events when we can benefit from the warning or when there is some other reason for us to know. I like to think of the book that came out about a ship called Titan, that was supposed to be sink proof but wasn't and sank on its maiden voyage. The book was published two years before Titanic sank. Alternatively, early nazi Germany was very interested in premonitions and sponsored large meetings where seers told of great success ahead for Germany and for the nazis. And for a while these positive foretellings were true. Then the war started, things went downhill, the readings told of a dark end, and the nazi regime abruptly cancelled - or hunted down - those readers who still dared speak.

I didn't know that. Interesting, White Warrior. Hope you are well

JL
Old 01-09-2020, 05:49 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Thank you 55Degrees, can you give me an example of how this would work for you?

Kindly,

JL

It's a very personal process so I'm not going to give precise details, but I explore aspects of myself (using tarot and scrying), that are deemed 'negative, things that trigger anger, distaste or fear. Finding the parts of my self that are lost.
We cannot guide others if we are lost ourselves.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:33 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
It's a very personal process so I'm not going to give precise details, but I explore aspects of myself (using tarot and scrying), that are deemed 'negative, things that trigger anger, distaste or fear. Finding the parts of my self that are lost.
We cannot guide others if we are lost ourselves.

Very good.

Yes I understand what you are referring to now.

Thanks,

JL
Old 02-09-2020, 02:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
If it's going to happen, then knowing in advance ---

If it's not going to happen, and you believe it, how do you know you didn't will it.

How do you know if you're just being influenced by the divination?

What is the role of divination lovely people?

i was on an Interstate highway going about 90MPH/144KPH when I heard "Sheriff!". Being I was on a road that goes from one side of the country to the other side of the country, I knew the road is patrolled by each State's State Police. Which means, there is no Sheriff up ahead. But because the simple word came from my "little voice", I slowed down and sure enough, sitting in the divide was a Deputy Sheriff Patrol car!

For me, divination means "the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means" which includes listening to my "little voice" which has helped me most if not all of my life.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-09-2020, 02:54 AM
Master
My "little voice" seems to be very similar to Socrates "little voice".

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-09-2020, 02:55 AM
Master
and my "little voice" has saved my life numerous times.