Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Closed Thread

Old 26-11-2019, 03:37 PM
Master
The National Spiritualist Association of Churches, based in Lily Dale, New York does not provide proof there is no reincarnation but ask people to prove there is a reincarnation. It is interesting to note that the Hydesville, New York property was purchased and owned by them. The Hydesville property is claimed where modern day Spiritualism began.

The National Spiritualist Association of Churches claim the other Spiritualist groups broke away from their organization.

Lily Dale is considered the largest Spiritualist Camp whereas Camp Chesterfield is considered the second largest camp.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-11-2019, 03:18 AM
Master
Hydesdale, New York is where modern day Spiritualism began. Most claim it began with the Fox Sisters.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-11-2019, 03:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Well,this spiritualist has an open mind about reincarnation.I must be a spiritist spiritualist,but did it ever come to your mind that she might have been wrong?Whatever her position is ,did she have proof? after all at the end of the day no one REALLY knows.
The Bible spoke about reincarnation until Emperor Constantine got his hands on it and changed it to suit his needs.
I have read virtually every writing Constantine wrote. What people normally say about him is not supported in his writings.

Do you have a source that shows exactly what scriptures were changed?

Old 27-11-2019, 08:03 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have read virtually every writing Constantine wrote. What people normally say about him is not supported in his writings.

Do you have a source that shows exactly what scriptures were changed?

You do a lot of reading.Share with us some things he wrote.
Old 27-11-2019, 08:43 AM
hazada guess

As for proof for Constantine,search the web,it'll tell you.One off hand is a video posted by hans Wilhelm on you tube about the subject,there are more.
The woman could be the Queen of Sheba for all i care.What gives her the right to say that she knows all.This is what gives spirituality a bad name.I know what I believe and no charlaton is going to tell me different.
Now if you don't mind,I am a busy man and have work to do.Goodbye!
Old 04-12-2019, 05:47 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Those reading this probably will consider themselves a Spiritualist but I suspect they really are Spiritist.

Please discuss.

It doesn't matter really. What you choose to call yourself or call another person is a personal preference me thinks. I think it's entirely possible to believe in both philosophies. Maybe there is another word for some one with divergent ideas?
Old 03-05-2020, 09:09 PM
Seeker
Thanks Big John, I had not heard the term Spiritist before, so I've learnt something today.
I think labels are too conscriptive and restrictive...I like the freedom to think and feel and believe what I want, the freedom to grow and change my mind and position so I'm not keen on trying to fit everything in tidy compartments. It's such a human thing to do though isn't it? We do it to ourselves for our own comfort levels...strange hey...
Old 04-05-2020, 11:26 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
It doesn't matter really. What you choose to call yourself or call another person is a personal preference me thinks. I think it's entirely possible to believe in both philosophies. Maybe there is another word for some one with divergent ideas?

There's no need to believe in either philosophy because each provides evidence of what's taught there. Neither does one have to accept every component of either philosophy to consider oneself as either a Spiritist or a Spiritualist. Neither philosophy is prescriptive.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Do not claim to be a spiritualist nor a spiritist, I cannot say it makes any difference to me.
President of the National Spiritualist Association of Churches, based in Lily Dale, New York where she claimed Spiritualist do not believe in reincarnation.

To my knowledge, churches do not promote reincarnation? However, I may be mistaken.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:21 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
There's no need to believe in either philosophy because each provides evidence of what's taught there. Neither does one have to accept every component of either philosophy to consider oneself as either a Spiritist or a Spiritualist. Neither philosophy is prescriptive.

I think my point is sufficient.