Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-11-2020, 07:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That's a GOOD one!

Thanks . There's enough ' Battles ' going on in the World there not starting in my head. Obstacles can be jumped over if you change the way you look at things....
Old 28-11-2020, 07:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
How old were you?

Must have been somewhere between 9 and 11 years old. I remember finding on a library shelf and reading The Tibetan Book Of The Dead back then lol. My family was walking through an airport once when I was young and a Hare Krishna handed me a copy of the Bhagavad-Gita which I read. The pictures were fascinating to me. Then I also was in Catholic Sunday School.

I can relate to your post. I've had a few experiences where somethin that used to affect me suddenly doesn't.
Old 28-11-2020, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
I understand your post completely. That's not the point. The point is you quoted my post about my friend who committed suicide this week. I think about him every day. That's cool if his life and suicide is meaningless to you, but it's not to me. You did not know him, I get it. He was battling depression for a long time. You quoted that and posted your post about how battles are not real, how we can just turn them into obstacles. Basically claiming they are just a point of view we can change. That's true as well if our "battles" are just us thinking about things wrong. Other battles are real and not mere products of our own thinking.

The person who made this thread and topic made it about the battle between the spirit and flesh in Christianity. This is the section of the board for Christians. There are a lot of sections for those who don't believe in the Bible. But yes non-believing "Christians" can post here. That's also fine that you don't believe in this kind of thing or in battles, that you believe they are wholly self created. That we can just shift them away by calling them obstacles. That's true in one sense but not really what the person who started this thread made it about. But you are also free to go off topic into anything you want. You also state you don't believe in most of the bible which is your right as well. That most of it is just made up stories.

You obviously don't believe you have any real battles in life and you probably don't. Others do. Look at the doctors and nurses who are battling COVID everyday.... 1.45 Million people have died from it so far, I think my neighbor has it as I heard him coughing this morning. Some people deal with real battles everyday. Some people live in "war" zones where daily violence and fighting to stay safe and alive is the norm. Being born with an inherited mental illness can also be a daily battle.

I have no problem with what you posted at all. What was lame was you quoting my post about my friends battle with depression and directing your post that battles can be magically overcome by turning them into obstacles to me. Don't quote people if you have no interest in what they posted or are talking about. But then I see the connection, you saw me talking about a battle, ignored everything else in my post, quoted my entire post and stated what you did about battles... just use that quote button less would be my advice, unless you want to actually read what you are quoting and not just use it for keywords.

The point was I see obstacles not battles, simple.....
Old 28-11-2020, 08:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
I wasn't super close to him. Just met him and talked with him a few times but was related to him through his work and music. I have several friends in the industry and have published music myself. He did a long pod cast and his beliefs were a negative force in his life as he subscribed to the philosophy of Nihilism. It was probably a combination of that negative philosophy and what COVID has done to performing musicians and of course depression.

I have another friend who is a electronic dance music musician/producer and yea it's pretty crazy what COVID has done to their lives. He was set to perform at five major music festivals this year, and really that's the only way they make money. The money from streaming is just pennies for most. He gets like $50 a month from streaming... where a show can be $8k. All shows have been cancelled. Not to mention his career was just taking off and these shows is how they get fans and get famous or known.

Thanks for sharing.

As for my Grandparents,
they were living in the Northeast corner of South Dakota as homesteaders. They grew wheat.

As the story goes, one day, my Grandmother got lost in a big wheat field. She went hysterical. Consequently, she 'put her foot down' and moved back East leaving Grandfather behind. Later, he moved back East and on the way, stopped at Chicago. There, he found out he had cancer.

Shortly after, the Government made Opiates illegal. The pain got the best of him............

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-11-2020, 10:27 AM
Deactivated Account

To worship in spirit and truth, we need two things:

1. We need to be Born of the Spirit. When we are born of the flesh, we come out through natural birth as new born babes and start learning how to interact in the flesh body. When we are born of the Spirit, we come out through the womb of the Spirit and then through time learn how to interact the the Spirit body. This is the true spiritual awakening, because there is no truth in the flesh, neither can it be found around the physical/astral/mental plane. To access truth, we need to be of the Creative Spirit.

2. We need to have recieved the Truth. Now, the Gospel is a means of bringing people to the PROCESS OF FINDING THE TRUTH. Being presented the Gospel doesn't mean to be presented the TRUTH; you just get introduced to the road where it can be found. One must recieve the TRUTH. You cannot go and find it, the path just puts you in the position to RECIEVE. A truth that can be found is not the Truth. Truth is conscious, aware and Intelligent, and once it gets planted in you, you become of the TRUTH.

With these two conditions, we worship in spirit and truth. That's how we have true fellowship with the Father our Creator, in His Original form, and not any purposeful emanation. Here is where we can know and fully realise that there is nothing to distinguish between you and the Father our Creator... In that realisation, we are one. I am inseparable from Him.
Old 29-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
To worship in spirit and truth, we need two things:

1. We need to be Born of the Spirit. When we are born of the flesh, we come out through natural birth as new born babes and start learning how to interact in the flesh body. When we are born of the Spirit, we come out through the womb of the Spirit and then through time learn how to interact the the Spirit body. This is the true spiritual awakening, because there is no truth in the flesh, neither can it be found around the physical/astral/mental plane. To access truth, we need to be of the Creative Spirit.

2. We need to have received the Truth. Now, the Gospel is a means of bringing people to the PROCESS OF FINDING THE TRUTH. Being presented the Gospel doesn't mean to be presented the TRUTH; you just get introduced to the road where it can be found. One must receive the TRUTH.
You cannot go and find it, the path just puts you in the position to RECEIVE. A truth that can be found is not the Truth. Truth is conscious, aware and Intelligent, and once it gets planted in you, you become of the TRUTH.

With these two conditions, we worship in spirit and truth. That's how we have true fellowship with the Father our Creator, in His Original form, and not any purposeful emanation.

Here is where we can know and fully realise that there is nothing to distinguish
between you and the Father our Creator...
In that realisation, we are one. I am inseparable from Him
Not your typical Christian take. I hope you don't guff from others. You won't from me. ;)

(Sorry, I had to correct receive above...I mean I had to! Don't hate me!)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-11-2020, 09:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Red face

Quote:
Not your typical Christian take. I hope you don't get guff from others. You won't from me. ;)

(Sorry, I had to correct receive above...I mean I had to! Don't hate me!)
Oops! Thanks for the correction