Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-03-2021, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
we don't celebrate Easter, because of it's origin. also there was NO "Easter" back in Jesus day. therefore he wouldn't have had a reason for commanding that his resurrection would be celebrated. as for his death, he did command that it's to be remembered. and I'm not referring to any "good Friday." we don't celebrate how he died, but the fact that he died! peace
I understand.

I also understand if someone would like to express their joy in celebrating his resurrection.
Doesn't have to be commanded ...it's a joyous thing!
What I mean is: I'm not part of a religion's rules or beliefs.

I say great; celebration is nice..even for birthdays or his birth...because remembering is a good thing...lest our hearts get hardened...
and laden down with rules and concepts.
Just be in joy that your daughter was born - have a party with friends! I say!

I think there should be a celebration for Peter walking on water and
for the day he spoke to the multitudes and fed them,
but, especially for his Transfiguration day!!!

That's just where I am about celebrations and remembrances. No rules.
That's ok...we can think differently. :)

I also understand that wanting to bring the non-christians into the religion, Easter day was placed on a traditional
pagan day of celebration to ease them into Christianity.
Smart, tricky...I believe it worked over the years.
It would never stop me from recognizing Jesus' resurrection on a day others do.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-03-2021, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
those who followed Jesus didn't take part of any man-made celebration. "Easter" originated from pagan origin. Easter came from the pagan goddess Eostre, supposedly the goddess of the dawn and of spring. she was also known as a fertility goddess. which is why we don't do Easter.

I must admit you are right.

What I was trying to say is his death was celebrated on the same day the Jews celebrated Passover. The early followers of Jesus, after his death, were Jews. The so-called Church Fathers made a big deal of calculating the day Jesus died. Slowly, but slowly that day got changed and people began celebrating a new celebration and it became Easter and was held on the day of his resurrection.

Then, historians seemed to claim the new holiday, Easter, was the same day as what early Christians celebrated as the death of Jesus. Which is not true, as you explained.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 04-03-2021, 05:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I understand.

I also understand if someone would like to express their joy in celebrating his resurrection.
Doesn't have to be commanded ...it's a joyous thing!
What I mean is: I'm not part of a religion's rules or beliefs.

I say great; celebration is nice..even for birthdays or his birth...because remembering is a good thing...lest our hearts get hardened...
and laden down with rules and concepts.
Just be in joy that your daughter was born - have a party with friends! I say!

I think there should be a celebration for Peter walking on water and
for the day he spoke to the multitudes and fed them,
but, especially for his Transfiguration day!!!

That's just where I am about celebrations and remembrances. No rules.
That's ok...we can think differently. :)

I also understand that wanting to bring the non-christians into the religion, Easter day was placed on a traditional
pagan day of celebration to ease them into Christianity.
Smart, tricky...I believe it worked over the years.
It would never stop me from recognizing Jesus' resurrection on a day others do.

Let's Celebrate every breath we take especially now with this Nasty Virus floating around that takes the breath away....
Old 06-03-2021, 05:47 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
On the night before he died, Jesus told his followers to commemorate his death. He said: “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”—Luke 22:19.

This year, the annual observance of the death of Jesus Christ will be held on Saturday, March 27. We invite you to join us for this special occasion.

we as Jehovah's Witnesses Invites you to Join us in this Glorious Celebration. because of the COVID-19 we're celebration via Zoom. for more info go to JW.org ,"HOME", scroll down to the Box that says "Find a Location Near you." hope you can join us!
Jesus was a pattern, death and sleep are mentioned about us and belief, we have the same Jesus that was waking us, Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:53 PM
Pathfinder

Lots of secret mysteries mentioned about us experiencing scripture, never was secular history, all the beliefs are by the only mind of good and evil.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:55 PM
Pathfinder

Doesn't matter what you believe or don't, its sleep.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Let's Celebrate every breath we take especially now with this Nasty Virus floating around that takes the breath away....

Sometimes I experience this, it's bliss. Every breath, the air, the nature, the wind, the Sun, the sunrays, the earth under my feet, this very body, everything... I touch the Earth and thank her for everything.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke55
Jesus was a pattern, death and sleep are mentioned about us and belief, we have the same Jesus that was waking us, Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Not many have noticed this: Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light
Old 06-03-2021, 07:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Sometimes I experience this, it's bliss. Every breath, the air, the nature, the wind, the Sun, the sunrays, the earth under my feet, this very body, everything... I touch the Earth and thank her for everything.

Oh yes, every breath is precious Zen Master Thích Nhat Hanh in His Walking Meditation kisses the Earth with every step He takes....
Old 06-03-2021, 07:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Oh yes, every breath is precious Zen Master Thích Nhat Hanh in His Walking Meditation kisses the Earth with every step He takes....

Something came to me a few moments ago, the "I" is also a product of the mind, in fact, the mind itself is this "I", the "supreme" thought, the primordial thought. Now, when the mind is no more, the "I" is no more, that which remains is in fact pure awareness.

No mind, no I, only pure awareness.

You said to tell you about other Masters, I also found yesterday "THE PATH OF SRI RAMANA" by Sri Sadhu Om. It's about self inquiry.