Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-02-2021, 11:22 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Ephesians 2:8-9....."For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith---and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God---not by works, so that no one can boast."

This one scripture reveals the whole premise and key to the Christian experience. Here we are told that our salvation is by grace and, also, that our faith comes by grace. It is the fundamental and distinguishing teaching of Christianity. Other religions and philosophies put the emphasis on our works and human endeavors.
Nevertheless I see little if any discussion or thoughts as to the means for attracting the grace of God.
Just curious how others might point to the ways and means for attracting grace.
OMG, I think this may be my favorite post and topic and wording ever. I mean it.
''Grace and gifts'' are my favorite words.
I could gush about how to receive and attract Grace.
I could write a paper on it.

I'll wait a bit...got some other things going on at the moment.

"if you (we) were God on whom would you bestow your grace?" Oh I see you just made it more interesting. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-02-2021, 01:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Jonah 2:8....”Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.” Seems to indicate that grace is not a guarantee.

I realized that my original answer was wrong, Molearner.
Old 19-02-2021, 01:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Jonah 2:8....”Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.” Seems to indicate that grace is not a guarantee.

it is one thing to be given grace, quite another to actually accept it. As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
Old 19-02-2021, 02:07 AM
ImthatIm

Through the Blood Gospel of Faith in the finished work of Christ.
My righteousness deserves death but Christ
has offered to accept me in His body through The Faith.
Gods answer is always yes and Amen to Faith in His Goodness and Mercy.

Grace, Mercy and Goodness through The Faith.
Which Faith comes by hearing the Word of God/Christ/Holy Spirit.
Old 19-02-2021, 03:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it is one thing to be given grace, quite another to actually accept it. As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

It would be interesting to know how many people have rejected grace.....makes you wonder if God properly did His homework......:)
Old 19-02-2021, 08:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Sky123,

Not so convinced that we already have it.....:). 1 Peter 5:5.....”God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble”. Humility appears to be a prerequisite for grace.

I don't know Mo if we do or don't have it, there does seem to be various conflicting verses. It's not something I've thought much about until you brought it up although you do hear this saying frequently,

There but for the grace of God go I.

Which seems to mean we are lucky to not be in a certain situation.
Old 19-02-2021, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Now for the hypothetical.......if you(we) were God on whom would you bestow your grace ?
Everyone
Old 19-02-2021, 10:48 AM
1337_d00d

Folks read the parable of the talents, virgins, matthew 24 and other. There are conditions for salvation. God is presented as sitting on a throne and rendering judgement or mercy, but this should not be taken literally. I might go so far as to say you cannot be saved by any mental works either.
Old 19-02-2021, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
Folks read the parable of the talents, virgins, matthew 24 and other. There are conditions for salvation. God is presented as sitting on a throne and rendering judgement or mercy, but this should not be taken literally. I might go so far as to say you cannot be saved by any mental works either.
Saved from what please ?
Old 19-02-2021, 02:00 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
One way. "Be still and know that I am God" and quality of stillness seems a tipping point. Sometimes the stillness can come from within as a conscious choice. Other times stillness can come about in sublime moments that are so stressful that they push us against the wall into stillness. In either case stillness is the key. And another option is to request a patron to offer stillness on your behalf to attract grace.

This.... THIS chimes in my soul. Thanks for posting. After all, the actual background to the cosmos is the Divine Silence, that which is the cause of the manifestation of all else.