Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-02-2021, 10:17 AM
Knower

Meditation gazing upwards

Hi,

Please help me to meditate gazing upwards. Point between eyebrows. Whenever I practice it my eyes didnt fix at that point.

Do anyone has any experience or suggestions
Old 17-02-2021, 01:41 PM
JustASimpleGuy

As with any meditation technique it just takes practice. Concerning eyes...

With eyes open the usual focal point if it's on the body and not an external object is the tip of the nose.

With eyes closed I find I can "focus" on a point just below the eyebrows, namely the upper part of the bridge of the nose.
Old 17-02-2021, 07:12 PM
Master

Gazing upwards in meditation is Shambhavi Mudra.

You can find more information online - try https://www.yogicwayoflife.com/shamb...azing-gesture/

Peace
Old 17-02-2021, 08:09 PM
Master

"Gazing upwards" is meant to tire your eyes, which induces an altered state of consciousness. It doesn't matter where upwards; don't force it. If you hold your breath a little, again without forcing, it creates a little hyperventilation, that helps with that induction too. Natural relaxation follows.

There is no point in trying to extend in time this gazing-up more and more, or in continuing to focus on it once you drifted into a light altered state.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-02-2021, 09:31 PM
Well, dunno if this image would help.
When you close your eyes. What do you see on the 'blank screen' in front of you or rather
behind your eyelids?
First, maybe, black ...nothing...then look closer --maybe moving points of colors?
Maybe patterns, maybe a glow of some kind ---blue, indigo, maybe something yellowish or golden ...maybe a colorful kaleidoscope.
Just watch what goes on on the screen inside you...is it over your left ear?
No.
Its directly where some would say is at that spot between your eyebrows...inside, tho.
One day, automatically your attention will be pulled higher...one day.

Just relax and enjoy.
That's my input.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-02-2021, 08:02 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, dunno if this image would help.
When you close your eyes. What do you see on the 'blank screen' in front of you or rather
behind your eyelids?
First, maybe, black ...nothing...then look closer --maybe moving points of colors?
Maybe patterns, maybe a glow of some kind ---blue, indigo, maybe something yellowish or golden ...maybe a colorful kaleidoscope.
Just watch what goes on on the screen inside you...is it over your left ear?
No.
Its directly where some would say is at that spot between your eyebrows...inside, tho.
One day, automatically your attention will be pulled higher...one day.

Just relax and enjoy.
That's my input.

Thanks a lot..
Exactly as u said at times I see nothing, st times dancing lights and once orc wice only i get connected to that spot and it was like heaven. I was not feeling my body. But this happened just for few seconds.
And I still battling to get that spot again.

But u right, may b as I practice more, one day my attention will b pull higher.

Lots of love,
SacredPrayers
Old 18-02-2021, 08:05 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Gazing upwards in meditation is Shambhavi Mudra.

You can find more information online - try https://www.yogicwayoflife.com/shamb...azing-gesture/

Peace

Thanks a lot...
Yes this website us really helpful
Old 18-02-2021, 08:52 AM
Master

controlling breath

anyone else find that you control the breath when meditating?
Old 18-02-2021, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
anyone else find that you control the breath when meditating?
Not me. Maybe a little at the beginning...then, it relaxes or slows all on it's own. Later, it's SO so slow...
but I'm not controlling it.
And there is a time when you see clearly ---you are being breathed as
many here have mentioned. Ha, the first time you exp this...fun. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-02-2021, 10:06 AM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredPrayers7777
Thanks a lot..
Exactly as u said at times I see nothing, st times dancing lights and once orc wice only i get connected to that spot and it was like heaven. I was not feeling my body. But this happened just for few seconds.
And I still battling to get that spot again.
But u right, may b as I practice more, one day my attention will b pull higher.
Lots of love,
SacredPrayers
Hahahahah, never battle m'dear.
When a baby strays from the middle of the bed - do you battle to place it back ---do you gruffly pick it up and boom, place it back?
No, of course not.
Gently and sweetly with an inner smile place your attention back to ...
well, the ''view''...always enjoy...it is there to enjoy.